What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

Mr Blah

Another question. I will most definitely be converting over to Ppk 100%. In tents of course.
Right now I am running a single Ppk 3.5's with a 3.5 pump res. 5gal res.

When upgraded, going to a 55 gal res, should I drop 4 -5 pumps in it or 1 larger pump to supply 4 to 5 sites?

Is that even a possibility? Don't want to build a manifold or a delivery system out of pvc. I'd like to use the Goodyear hose for plumbing only. No me ought real estate to do individual buckets for the pumps in this case.

Also, my apologies, I know this has been covered. I built my first Ppk and got lazy. Didn't keep up. He'll just found this thread a few days ago. Appreciate any ideas,or help.
I use one 1200 mag drive pump with PVC ring around the tent with ball valves on all four sites.
I have one pump for my 12 site vegging tent also and it works fine but am going with the one pump per site in my new flower rooms.

The thing I like about this PPK system is that you can set it up as basic or as "pvc" technically as you want.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Yea it's unavailable in My bs state according to the website. The drains are there tho. Thanks for the speedy response.

Edit: I will be ordering from one of the other sites.

Peace

To be sure. This is the gold eh?
https://www.amazon.com/Rectorseal-9...Kap+3+in.+ABS+DWV+Inside-Fit+Cleanout+Adapter

Found a Ferguson dealer near me. Opens tomorrow. Might be able to avoid online ordering after all!!!!

So, the plug gets tossed correct? We are just using the round thingamajig to connect the 3" pvc to?
1 point scored for the plumbing challenged.

yep, that's the shit! i have never found a rational use for the "pucks". also, you can use the drain fitting for the top too by cutting the grating out with a hole saw.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Another question. I will most definitely be converting over to Ppk 100%. In tents of course.
Right now I am running a single Ppk 3.5's with a 3.5 pump res. 5gal res.

When upgraded, going to a 55 gal res, should I drop 4 -5 pumps in it or 1 larger pump to supply 4 to 5 sites?

Is that even a possibility? Don't want to build a manifold or a delivery system out of pvc. I'd like to use the Goodyear hose for plumbing only. No me ought real estate to do individual buckets for the pumps in this case.

Also, my apologies, I know this has been covered. I built my first Ppk and got lazy. Didn't keep up. He'll just found this thread a few days ago. Appreciate any ideas,or help.

you can't use a pump over about 500 gph with that hose because of the 5/8" id.

if your reservoir is not very far from your plants you may be able to use a small pump for each plant site like the 185 gph eco pumps that i'm using here. you can submerse the pumps in the reservoir and have each supply a plant site. you would use the black 1/2" id vinyl hose from the hydro store like i have here.

you should drill the reservoir exit holes 5/8" so that the vinyl hose fits tight with no air leaks. it may be best to have them exit above the intended water level.

then use the 5/8" id rubber garden hose for the return lines

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
When I worked in greenhouses as a young man, we would use two pumps per rez of equal power, they were tied together an run at that the same time. If one died the other could keep up.
I would see the same situation here, where you supply all sites with one rez and two large pumps.
So all your sites are the same strains and grow point?

GR

howdy! i am going to run a perpetual grow with plants in all stages. right now i could run 28 different strains, if necessary. i currently have about 16 strains in clone form and another 8-10 in growing seedlings that are unsexed.

C.O.B.

When I worked in greenhouses as a young man, we would use two pumps per rez of equal power, they were tied together an run at that the same time. If one died the other could keep up.
I would see the same situation here, where you supply all sites with one rez and two large pumps.
So all your sites are the same strains and grow point?

GR

Not the same strains. "Grow point" is a non issue as they all receive the same manipulation in veg. Once in flower, all the plants are shaped and sized pretty much identical, unless it's a seed run.

Thank you for the response.
Peace.

C.O.B.

I use one 1200 mag drive pump with PVC ring around the tent with ball valves on all four sites.
I have one pump for my 12 site vegging tent also and it works fine but am going with the one pump per site in my new flower rooms.

The thing I like about this PPK system is that you can set it up as basic or as "pvc" technically as you want.

Mr Blah! Yessir. Def going the basic route.

Peace.

C.O.B.

you can't use a pump over about 500 gph with that hose because of the 5/8" id.

if your reservoir is not very far from your plants you may be able to use a small pump for each plant site like the 185 gph eco pumps that i'm using here. you can submerse the pumps in the reservoir and have each supply a plant site. you would use the black 1/2" id vinyl hose from the hydro store like i have here.

you should drill the reservoir exit holes 5/8" so that the vinyl hose fits tight with no air leaks. it may be best to have them exit above the intended water level.

then use the 5/8" id rubber garden hose for the return lines

D9! Thee man himself! Smh I feel like an fu@&in groupie rightaboutnow. PPK vets!
1/2" I'd vinyl hose .... Check. (From pump to halo?)
5/8" I'd rubber hose....check. for the return to pump res.....

Thanks D9. Will do on drilling the res' exit holes undersized. Making sure to at least drill above 7-7.5".

Res will be no more than 3 feet away outside the tent.

Thank you for the response.
Peace.

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Ya they say "it is unavailable" on my computer screen also.
funny, I live in south florida and they sell snow shovels here.
What could be the code restrictions in your state that limits drain parts?? kinda funny..:bigeye:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Im At hodepo "#10 ×1/2" stainless steels screws" is that 10-24 or 10-32?

Peace.

they are sheet metal screws. all you have to do is drill 2 undersized holes in the pvc pipe. when you run the screw through it threads itself in. you are talking about machine screws. you can use those if you like but i've never had one of these sheet metal screws fall out. they thread into the pipe and then the point digs into the fitting, holding it in place. like a set screw.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Hey, D9, would love to see some pics of the new space in action. Hope it's all going with the flow.

This Cornell website has lots of interesting things related to greenhouse growing. The article below talks about Jacks Hydro and fine tuning nutrient recipes.

http://www.greenhouse.cornell.edu/crops/factsheets/hydroponic-recipes.pdf

cornell is a huge resource for growers!

mrs d9 is a photographer so she has all these pro cameras and lenses that are way too sophisticated for me. i just got my first smart phone and i'm still going to flight school for it. so i have ordered a nice little canon that looks simple enough for me to operate. but it's not here yet so this is the best i can do for tonight.

this is from my security cam in the veg room, which is still the only room with plants in it. i will be flowering the first two in less than a week

Attachments

• vegroomfeb21.jpg
    vegroomfeb21.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 35

C.O.B.

they are sheet metal screws. all you have to do is drill 2 undersized holes in the pvc pipe. when you run the screw through it threads itself in. you are talking about machine screws. you can use those if you like but i've never had one of these sheet metal screws fall out. they thread into the pipe and then the point digs into the fitting, holding it in place. like a set screw.

Ahhh..dammit....my buddy was showing me the ones you are describing. Couldn't enlarge the pic well enough on my phone. Wasn't even sure my question posted, as it wasn't showing until now that I refreshed the browser. Will be going back to grab those. Much appreciated good sir.

Peace.

Oysters

Great to see the veg room in action. I'd loan you my Brownie for some snaps, but then what would I use? Seeing how it goes with same feed to all stages of plant life will be most interesting.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Great to see the veg room in action. I'd loan you my Brownie for some snaps, but then what would I use? Seeing how it goes with same feed to all stages of plant life will be most interesting.

i loaded the system dec 4 and today is feb 22. roughly 2.5 months. still input only with no changes and yesterday the recirculating system was 770 ppm and ph was 5.7.

C.O.B.

To kap fittings won't be in until Friday at Ferguson. Ended up going the second route and cut out the grate on the sink drains. A lot cheaper! $2.25 compared to $8.50 per unit!
Now back to the hodepo to get those damn screws I should've gotten. Also, going to grab the 12 gal tuff tote that's on sale. It'll fit nicely In the tent corner. Than you D9.

Peace.

C.O.B.

Noticed you aren't using the pre made halos. The halos in the pics are self made from the vinyl tubing? On my first Ppk, I used the Goodyear hose as a halo. Made my own holes. Works great. If I may say so myself.

Peace.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Noticed you aren't using the pre made halos. The halos in the pics are self made from the vinyl tubing? On my first Ppk, I used the Goodyear hose as a halo. Made my own holes. Works great. If I may say so myself.

Peace.

yep, just a piece of the same 1/2" id black vinyl tubing. each has ten holes put in with a leather punch. you know the kind that look sorta like pliers with the little revolving wheel with different size cutters.

EDITED: TIL that I don't need any special fittings when attaching a 1.5-inch tailpipe to 2 gallon bucket, just drill the hole into the bucket and shove the tailpipe intot he bucket it will be a tight snug fit as long as your hole saw is right size

Last edited: