What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clone shipping dilemma's

SofaKingStupid

I usually ship fresh cuts. Straight off of mom. Now I'm in a position where I have to ship rooted cuts as sold in a cannabis club. Can rooted cuts, with their roots sticking out of the rock wool cubes be shipped? Or do they have to be re-cut and then shipped?

rykus

I got rooted cut shipped to me before.... Bit hot in my area right now, maybe use a thermos cup to help insulate it against the Heat.

SofaKingStupid

Hey Rykus! Good lookin out. That's a great idea! I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet but seein as it worked for you, I guess itl work for me too. Thanks for that!

theJointedOne

Veteran
Definitely possible. Just try to think about what would help them stay alive. They need moisture, and even a small cheap battery powered led light on in the box to prevent flowering.

Fast shipping helps too

kaochiu

Veteran
Take into account that sending through post can mean having objects on top, so it must have a rigid pack protecting the inside, but then the cuts travel just fine as long as they keep moisture. Each cut support (rockwool, pitpots, etc) can be folded in cling film so it keeps both moisture and the roots together and don't get entangled with others. Then a plastic box, any cheap version of tupperware will do, all sizes. You can also put inside a seedling tray cut to size for dividing the space. If sending only a couple, plastic bottles cut in half and then closed with cello tape.
I'm sure there will be some specific things in the shops too, for better presence.
Up to four days in the post, i place them under the lights and no problemo. Fast shipping, of course, but it's not always that fast.

SofaKingStupid

Yea this is defiantly do able. I guess I just gotta figure out what I wanna do and then get my friend to do it. Yea, I'm bout on the other side of the country and I gotta ask a friend to do this for me. I think I'm gonna get one of them clone shippers, or make one. Then I'll have to explane how to package and shippem. I wish I could be there to do this myself but I can't. I'm hoping this thread gives me some good ideas. So far so good! Thanks all!

Buddle

Veteran
Been done many times. summer makes it tougher but very doable. Obviously you need to keep the roots moist, prevent the stem from breaking, and keep it stealthy.Tubes made especially for shipping work well. Vacuum sealing the cut will be enough to retain moisture.Priority shipping is a must.

Cloneman

Veteran
VHS box

VHS box

Its old school, but has worked for years.

I send 4 clones in rockwool cubes wrapped in cling film, just the right size, plus they go through most letter boxes..

Edit; or called VHS case

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Clone Shippers or a wide mouth thermos.. Vac suck the shippers for smell n moisture leaks.
Express is must

SofaKingStupid

Yea. The hardest thing bout this is walkin a non plant person threw this from the opposite coast. I've shipped and received clones threw the mail before but now I gotta be able to tell someone how to do it for me. Thanks for all the replies and info. That cloneshipper is a great idea!

SofaKingStupid

I seen them clone shippers and they look great, but it looks like I'm gonna have to put some sort of medium in that thing around the cube because they gotta go threw the mail. They got a few days travel and i don't want them hungry while they ship. I was thinking bout putting some coco choir soaked in a bit of lite nutes to hold them over for their trip. How's that sound? Or am i just over thinking things and i don't have to do anything other than sticking them in the shipper and shippinem? Any thoughts on this?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
I've put cuts in a water bottle with the stems wrapped in wet paper towel just a few drops, put in bottle cap. When they get it they just cut the bottle open.

SofaKingStupid

Yea good lookin out. I've shiptem in zip locks like that. But now I gotta ship them in rockwool cubes. Its not that I wanna but I gotta do it this way. I even thought about recuttin them but seein as how they just got done rootin I didn't wanna makem do it again so soon. I gotta mailem just as they come out of the club. Like in a cube.

Latest posts

Latest posts