What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HZ Made Some Bubble Hash. check it out.

C

Chamba

BasementGrower................for dry sifting with the Bubblebags you have I'd suggest using the 160 bag first, then the 73 and perhaps the 25.

ideally, source a metal ring (or a bottomless bucket ) that fits snugly inside the bag so the mesh is flat and taut and then place the frozen plant material in the bag and lightly agitate it ......if possible, place the 160 inside the 73 bag (which is inside the 25) so all resin is captured....the dry sift that stays between the 160 and 73 meshes can be re-sifted and purified..and then set this aside.

the plant material that's be dry sifted and the stuff that sits on the 25 micron bag can be sifted further to remove most of the resin or use all the Bubblebags you have and ice water hash the plant material after lightly dry sifting it.

The plant material and the stuff that sits on the 25 mesh can be worked with the ice water method with the Bubblebags, this way you can combine the dried ice water hash with the dry sifted resin.....for a very flavorsome, clean, solventless, potent smoke and in the end the starting material will be virtually resinless so the yield of resin with the dry then wet method will yield the maximum possible. I'd suggest a light 5 minute agitation when dry sifting, this should yield about half the resin on the material and then use a 5 minute stir with Bubblebag w, ice and ice water to capture the other 50% of the resin.

Last edited:

meltybubble

BasementGrower................for dry sifting with the Bubblebags you have I'd suggest using the 160 bag first, then the 73 and perhaps the 25.

ideally, source a metal ring (or a bottomless bucket ) that fits snugly inside the bag so the mesh is flat and taut and then place the frozen plant material in the bag and lightly agitate it ......if possible, place the 160 inside the 73 bag (which is inside the 25) so all resin is captured....the dry sift that stays between the 160 and 73 meshes can be re-sifted and purified..and then set this aside.

the plant material that's be dry sifted and the stuff that sits on the 25 micron bag can be sifted further to remove most of the resin or use all the Bubblebags you have and ice water hash the plant material after lightly dry sifting it.

The plant material and the stuff that sits on the 25 mesh can be worked with the ice water method with the Bubblebags, this way you can combine the dried ice water hash with the dry sifted resin.....for a very flavorsome, clean, solventless, potent smoke and in the end the starting material will be virtually resinless so the yield of resin with the dry then wet method will yield the maximum possible. I'd suggest a light 5 minute agitation when dry sifting, this should yield about half the resin on the material and then use a 5 minute stir with Bubblebag w, ice and ice water to capture the other 50% of the resin.

Must strongly agree about Bman's bags,quality.Ive made alot from mine over the years.I also use them for drysift when needed,handy if over a clean mixing bowl,gently does it best.
Ive also been doing what Chamba mentioned above,great way to add back some flavour.:artist:
:tiphat:

B

BasementGrower

h z .. do u reccomend using a few diff buckets.. ? or? any tips on getting some good quality.. and some cooking quality?

im really on my attempt were i have so much sugar leaf.. that id have to freeze it in shifts.. problem being.. im a single person. trying to find a good way.. to not spend my entire day getting a shit yield. or a shit product. i bought dry sift screens. got a 200micron for first run.. 149 micron for second. . and i have another screen butttt its to small micron to make anythig work. so the 149.. is ok. buttttt nothing like the shit i see here.

so i bought full mesh 5 gallon bags.. any tips would be greatly appreciated l.d

Mister_D

Veteran
I have bought cheaper bags that fall apart. I have no affiliation to bubble man. I just hear a lot of people say get cheaper bags, but I feel the bubble bags are a quality product and felt I should share that. If anyone else knows of a quality hash bag system that stands up to 5 years of constant use and is still in great condition you let me know. These things have lasted longer than American cars.

100% agree had my first set for 6 years before I ripped a hole in the blue bag's screen (totally my fault, and not related to age or wear). Still have the rest of the set, just in case any of the new set should ever fail :biggrin:. Never tried any of the knock-offs, but I don't see any reason too. The inventor got it right the first time, and i'd rather support the person who's idea it was in the first place anyway.

Beautiful hash btw :respect:

Psuper

100% agree had my first set for 6 years before I ripped a hole in the blue bag's screen (totally my fault, and not related to age or wear). Still have the rest of the set, just in case any of the new set should ever fail :biggrin:. Never tried any of the knock-offs, but I don't see any reason too. The inventor got it right the first time, and i'd rather support the person who's idea it was in the first place anyway.

Actually BubbleBags are not the original ice water hash bags. Mila Jansen invented the bags and still sells them (out of the Netherlands). BubbleMan (out of British Columbia) was the first to market 8 screen sizes. Both brands are great!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
h z .. do u reccomend using a few diff buckets.. ? or? any tips on getting some good quality.. and some cooking quality?

im really on my attempt were i have so much sugar leaf.. that id have to freeze it in shifts.. problem being.. im a single person. trying to find a good way.. to not spend my entire day getting a shit yield. or a shit product. i bought dry sift screens. got a 200micron for first run.. 149 micron for second. . and i have another screen butttt its to small micron to make anythig work. so the 149.. is ok. buttttt nothing like the shit i see here.

so i bought full mesh 5 gallon bags.. any tips would be greatly appreciated l.d

50% ice/ 50% water; after they are combined that is. mix it around good and melt some of the ice and make the water really cold. then even it out again.

I like to add dry frozen trim. wait 5 minutes or so then start the 6 minutes mix with a big wooden spoon with 5 gallon bags. boat oar for 20 gallon bags.

let sit 30 minutes. then pull bags. pull the first two or 3 of them slow as to not force through your material.

Lookin good bro id b happy to b smokin on that fmcd. What strain was used?

the trim from this batch of Lime-Warp

Beautiful hash btw :respect:

TY!!