What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Charas Thread

ilife

zamalito said:
I got some tasmanian opium poppy seed from reeferman I can't wait to make opiated temple balls and then chew some khat leaves in the morning. GOOD TIMES!

I'll put some parvati landrace indica seeds up for auction when seedbay comes back.

Yes we all know Reeferman loves Opium and the Big H.

iLiFE

YeshijaH

I remember some grey parvati charas I got from a friend in Amsterdam around 2001 it came in moondiscs or chapaties that he had a huge block of pressed together. It was very pure creamy soft sticky when warm and hard when cold. It made a snaping or clickie sound when you pull it apart in the cold. The smoke was very smooth and tasted just like sweet hashy grey crippie thc.

spicecowboy

Hello Everybody!

Hello Everybody!

Great that my reanimation obviously worked!

Dkgrower:

It´s allways nice to read from people who´ve allready been to India,- interresting indeed!

I´m curious about the term "mal"(marl).

Do you know wheter this is related to the term Zamal, as they call the herb on Reunion Islands?

Clorox:

Yeah, I heard that you can still score some pretty decent stuff in Amsterdam, but unfortunately you can´t be 100% sure wheter it´s adultered or not, and the creme de la creme most probably stays in India anyway.

A spicy taste can be freaking awesome at times...

ilife:

Well, well,- I don´t know anything about reefermans private life, and to be honest: I really don´t care that much.

YeshijaH:

Grey Charras...- mhh sounds pretty nice,- hope it wasn´t the mold...?

One Love,

spice

ngakpa

Veteran
Dkgrower said:
also if one smoke jungel mal - jungel charas from wild plants growing freely in the himalyas - it can´t get any better- beats malana cream and all the manali charas that are dereived from big feilds where fertilizer and ect are used, tho compared to marokko it is still littel, but they use

The jungel mal, it mostly much more though and not so soft like malana cream and when at it best only black on the out side - yellowish inside. I always wonder why the jungel mal is stronger and better tasting but not that soft - some indian say that when the plants are very close like a field the charas tend to get more soft in teksture compared to plants that have space.

some wild plants form natual felids and i have learned to called them dutch
the indian sell the info on where to find these, to hash making turist - who come in big numbers in rubbing season, and go camping in the wild and make there own charas, :rasta:

Halek bom shankar, and 2 mathes get lit -

Nam- es- kar - see you next time

hey - yeah I agree that jungli maal is often waaay superior to Malana first rub - it has a lot to do with the strains used... in Malana they are using domestic farm strains... I forget what they call them there, but there is a name for the plants - bigger and more superficially resinous than the jungli strains, but often less aromatic and with a less impressive high

North Indian jungli charas is the darker righthand piece

Dkgrower

Veteran
High ngakpa nice with a picture off the jungli - :rasta:

I love how they shape it and jugde by that it looks like it could be from around almora, that side off himalayas ?

- around almora they always make those thin fingers and spin them into diffent shapes like flat disk´s or like you show and many other shapes but always those thin fingers as basis

ngakpa

Veteran
hehe yeah - the ball is from right near almora (basic Kasar Devi/Jageshwar stuff) just from some basic home plants; the other rough piece is from a more remote area far deeper in the mountains, as with the jungli piece - a favourite trip of mine

the jungli pictured here has to be some of the most powerful charas I have smoked - totally blew my lid after smoking that, really put me into orbit in a ridiculous way

Last edited:

Burt

Veteran
the best charas i had was a deep red/burgundy in color and actually came from NW frontier or afghanistan
potentcy was there with 15-20% THC USA nugs-no burnout, spiced/cardamony
this was the cream of the crop i'd say-dude was actually stopped by swiss customs and they let him through-with the charas!

Dkgrower

Veteran
ngakpa said:
hehe yeah - the ball is from right near almora (basic Kasar Devi/Jageshwar stuff) just from some basic home plants; the other rough piece is from a more remote area far deeper in the mountains, as with the jungli piece - a favourite trip of mine

Year those finger´s are a almore trade mark - love to hear about that trip - getting charas in himalyas is pure adventure and i love it -

High burt - that was proberly dry shift and not charas - gardar - The dust.
Some nice icmag member have informed me that they only dry shift in afghanistan and pakistan.

ngakpa

Veteran
yeah it is 99.99% only sieved hashish in NWFP, Afghanistan etc. but they do still call it all charas too (contrary to what some pages of Clarke seem to imply) once it has been worked

it may be hard to see, but the Sheberghan garda I posted on the other thread has a very distinct red tinge...

except for the best Chitrali, the nicest charas I have had from NWFP was some golden coloured dry sieve from the Orakzai region of Tirah Valley in the FATA... head-numbing terpenes, and for the first few days of smoking pure existential overload... to prepare it for smoking it required molding in moist palms, and turned a more brown colour

handrubbing does still occur in these regions - by Malang and poor charsees for example - you will see feral female plants which have clearly been used... for example a lot of feral sativa-type plants grow on the waste ground between Islamabad and 'Pindi, and even as early as June there were females in flower which had been selected for this type of charas

with handrubbed charas close to Almora - I found the high itself to this charas was beginning to show some potential, but that the plants still had a slightly "green" aroma to them - it was only deeper into the mountains that I would say we found anything really special

bottom right - sieved garda ('dust')
top and bottom left - same garda hand-pressed into charas

Last edited:

ngakpa

Veteran
spicecowboy said:
I´m curious about the term "mal"(marl).

Do you know wheter this is related to the term Zamal, as they call the herb on Reunion Islands?

Hey -

as it was explained to me by a young Indian guy (computer programmer and smoker) "marl" means kind of like "stuff"... so he would say this is some "good marl" when we got some nice jungli rubbed from a choice plant... as it happens, the good plants in the particular area we were at the time had a really carroty mango aroma

the bottom piece pictured there had just been rubbed either on the day the pic was taken or a day or two before - it was very skillfully made, only took about 30 mins to an hour for the guy to make it, and it has very few bits and pieces in it, just a nice dark stick of resin

the jungli plant it ws made from - well I wish I had got some pics, but by this time our camera phone was knackered.... but really, that plant would make you laugh.... it was about 2.5 metres tall and about 90% internode... the stretchiest thing you've seen.... buds were only at the tips of branches.... only thing that can be said is that they were quite well shaped for handrubbing, but in total I would guess there was no more than 50g dried of bud on the plant

however, this was the plant in the stand that they had been using, and ignoring the others - reason being the aroma and the high asssociated with it.... mango/carrot - veeeery soaring and very longlasting happy happy head explosion of a buzz

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
man, that looks just like something we used to get occasionally...not the normal redseal, in sticks like that, really dark, but then bright greeny browny yellow inside....

ngakpa

Veteran
actually my mate was trying to take a picture of the rock - it's just his hand got in the way

yeah - the thick pieces are from domestic plants, not jungli... the reason they are quite green inside and generally a lighter caramel colour outside is because they were made more hastily

they were still rocket fuel though

the guys we bought them off we met on a mountain path about two days hiking from the nearest road

they were two Pahari fellas, one of them especially was totally out of his gourd - fucking funny they were too...

yeah for the record more carefully made charas should to the best of my knowledge be pretty black/dark all the way through... it should keep for a long time too.... one year old pieces can actauuly be superior smoke - smoother and still explosively strong

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
octodiem,
Where were you in Afghanistan in the 70's where you saw hashish being rubbed from plants?
Almost all hashish in Afghanistan was made by sifting plants that are dry. By rubbed they refered to pressing the sifted resin for storage or transport. I lived in Afghanistan in 1971 and never saw hash that was rubbed from living plants, except a very small piece a western friend had made for fun. All the hashish was sifted, the labor to hand rub whole multi-acre fields, would be impossible, think about it. Sifting is much more efficient and faster when you are making tons of product.

-SamS

jollygt

My hash guy in 2006 told me that you have to be in country to experience real hash that commercial stuff in a-dam is just that. garda is the term for low grade hashish that the pessants smoke by the way this is in pakistan

Dkgrower

Veteran
ngakpa said:
Hey -

as it was explained to me by a young Indian guy (computer programmer and smoker) "marl" means kind of like "stuff"... so he would say this is some "good marl"

The same explanation i got - like you can say ; at-tja mal = good stuff

cant rember what the word fore a cultivated cannabis field is - anybody -

Also beside the normal charas and jungli, you can find some hashish I think is dry sived - jugde by the looks, ect !
It is normaly light black to brown in color and comes in 3-4 finger thick sticks
that have been twisted in some cornleaf and it has surface imprints from the corn -You can get this in the states off jammu-kashmir and lau spiti always sold by kashmiri -

A cultivated feild is called bagisha

Last edited:

Burt

Veteran
i wish i had more info-he had 5 tolas on him and this rich SOB sure didn't twist it himself

spicecowboy

Wow!

Wow!

Seems like this thread is making a great progress.

Ngakpa and Dkgrower:

Thanks for the explanations!

Ngakpa, those pictures and stories are simply awsome, - interresting that you mentioned the carrot smell, seems like the Reunion Sativas are related to Indian ganja(well, at least smell wise...)

Sam: I also heard that, a long time ago, they only rubbed Charras from the plants in Afghanistan, as in any other ganja spot of the world.

I mean, this is the most natural way to make hash, and most likely the way hasmaking was originally invented.

Someone touched the buds of a Cannabis plant long enough to get a nice amount of resign sticking on the fingers, and the rest is history...

But from what I heard, since many decades they exclusively dry sieve the hash in Afghanistan,- as you allready mentioned, that´s the most efficiant way to win the trichomes on a large/commercial scale.

Hey Harry, how do you do?

spice

Last edited: