What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

32 200gal smart pots

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Just ordered 20 200gallon smart pots... whats the best plan of action with these bad boys outside?

I was thinking of placing a few on the edge of wetlands, bogs. Im hoping that the weight from these will force the smart pot down into the water maybe submerging it an inch or so creating a constant supply of water! thoughts?

I plan on making a large trellis canopy for them to grow threw.

Im thinking no more then 1 or 2 plants per sight.

The plants ive been prepping for these smart pots are already 2ft tall and growing 18-6 in aero tables with 5in netpots. i got ak47's, chemxsours, sourd and lemonhaze. I plan on having them all in the ground by the 15th of May. Im at 42degrees.

any tips or suggestions would be great this is my first time running the smart pots outdoors.

Nicoli

Veteran
All I know is... 200gal pots = can get you some 3-5lb plants. Only tip I have for you is to veg as long as you can indoors before moving out.. but sounds like you're on it.

:O

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
4000 gallons of soil? shit, good luck with that.. i can't stand to even look at another bag of soil with all the hauling i do. :tiphat:

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
no way. grows 4x faster in the aero table. meaning they will be about 3-4ft by may1st. if i transplant now they wont be as big come the 1st...

P

planty

How do you plan to take a 4 ft tall plant grown in aeroponics and transplant it with its root ball out in to the bush? How are you planning on keeping them from blooming when you set the plants out before the solstice with out supplemental light? Are they under blue light? I hope they are..Good luck this season

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i have a breeder friend who grows in 200 gallon smart pots. 1 plant per smart pot, he is yielding 4-8 lb's per plant.......

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
How do you plan to take a 4 ft tall plant grown in aeroponics and transplant it with its root ball out in to the bush? How are you planning on keeping them from blooming when you set the plants out before the solstice with out supplemental light? Are they under blue light? I hope they are..Good luck this season

I just take the whole 5in netpot out of the system and prune off the roots w some scissors then transplant right into the 200gal. done this many times before from netpot to outdoor hydro potters.

Ive never had a problem putting my plants out the 1st of may. regardless of size or lighting. I have them under hps which i usually use prior to going outside. the only problem is getting the 4 ft bush to its location discreetly.

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
19ak47s and 1 bubblegumsour being transplanted from 5in netpots into 10gal potters. there already 2-3 ft bushes!! getting excited.. 120bricks of promix hp just arrived. time to get my hands dirty! need to locate a few more spots... and i also need to come up with a good soil mix for the 200s. thinking 5 bricks per smart pot 2 bigbags of perlite. 50lb of worm casting a few handfuls of polymer crystals on the very bottom incase they dry out to much. wondering how many i should put per spot... thinking maybe 2 max. i dont want these thangs to get spotted.. ima take some pics within the next week.

M

mrred

1 50lb bag of wormcastings doesnt seem enough for 200gs have you seen the organics for beginners thread? http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53792 lcs soilless mix #1 and dry fert recipe #1 only require water then near the end of flowering you could use a indonesian bat guano to help kick it into bloom but its not necessary, and useing a 5 gallon bucket as the parts measurement will help you mix the dry ferts more accurately

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
hey man thanks for the tips, checked out that recipe and im def bumping the casting up. plan is to have nice organic base and feed

every feed will be a 1500ppm-2000ppm 20gal feed once a week. thinking of hittin with my fav gh3 part never fails. the 50lbs of worm casting i am going to bump up 2 100 any more then that and the hp is going to be thick like the bx. id like as much N in the begnining as possible, also going to mix a bunch of espoma products right into the soil like the garden tone.. probaby have to let sit a few weeks cause it going to be potent shit. going to take a 5gal sample and test the runoff to make sure its not to powerful.. espoma products are the shit, use them in my veggie garden every year with amazing results. cheap to.

M

mrred

i would also stick to all organic because chemical nutes might hurt/kill your mircohead, these are what feed your plants, a tea will strenghen them and add more, theres alot of ways to make teas but the simplest way is to mix everything in a bucket then stir it up really good then dump it all in

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
just ordered 2000lb tote of wormcasting. this is going to be fun to split up. got a really good deal 750 for 2000lbs? this grow is getting pricey. there can be no margin for error.

next 2 weeks main focus is finding 10 spots. i figure 2 per spot about 100ft from each other shouldnt be to noticable..

ronbo51

Veteran
Aero, good choice on the Plant Tone. I love Bio Tone also. Shit, Flower Tone is the bomb as well. Espoma is SO underrated. I use it in my vegetable and landscape gardening as well as all organic indoor grows. Along with the Alaska Fish Emulsion and Kelp you can't jack up the biological activity any more with anything else. I think you are on to big shit with the smart pots. They obviously work and eastcoasters better get with the program and start growing Cali sized monsters. I grew some absolutely large diesel outdoors in Maine a few years back. It would be fun as hell to try and pull some multi pounders from the great north woods.