What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa GROW Thread

Thanks for the info motaco. It's funny you mention the sunlight thing, cause thats exactly what I do. On really sunny days, during a certain time in the afternoon my livingroom gets tons of direct sun, however I have neighbors. But I figured out that If I open the blinds to a specific angle, they look totally closed but the sunlight is coming in totally perpendicular, so it really bathes them in it.

I think it's helping because their resin really is quite sticky now. At first it wasn't, but now you can easily see it on your fingers (i only touch a kiefy leaf here and there!) and it literally feels and kind of smells like pine tree resin.

The seeds came from what I'd call nice indoor fluffy weed, which just happened to be horribly seeded.

EDIT: Also, the CFLs are all on little bendable desk lamps, so I've got the bulbs within centimeters of the buds. Doesn't seem to stress them out at all. And they do have a lot of mature hairs, but they also have new calyx's growing with new hairs. Does this eventually stop completely? Or is it still going on when you harvest?

Last edited:
i was curious if this has some sativa qualities? from my eyes i see some hazyness. One thing being the thin long leaves, long calyxes, thin lengthy stems, and a single single calyx chillin at the first nodes on all the branches. If that makes sense.

i dont have an extensive knowledge of sativas it came from batch of nirvana whitewidow.

peace

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
it doesn't look too hazy honestly. but it does look semi sativa but no more than a white widow would.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
flower time is extened a few weeks from seed. clones usually finish up a week or two earlier. thats about it though, you can expect about the same flower time.

well I've had thai dominant strains do that naturally but since the top leaves are eagle clawed and the leaf under it is praying its probably either a heat or humidity problem.

most likely humidity, soil grows in small spaces can do that

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yes you can lst a sativa plant.

@ obl yeah they can be a PITA but the thing you gotta remember is if you were conventional growing, you would be forced into lower plant number and then you would be counting on that plant that is stressing instead of shruggin it off; especially since when you veg traditionally they don't show sex for a month. its really the fastest way to find a sativa mom of several strains in a small space. Once you have a clone its really just a SOG and you don't have these kinda problems. but yeah juggling several different strains for a newer grower isn't easy. But your plants look really good man you should be proud.

Also the hybrids you're growing have enough indica in them they really aren't necessary to flower from seed. The malawi gold is more suited to this than a satori for instance.

I don't reccomend continuously growing from seed either; its so inconsistent. Thats why I kinda flipped out in the 12/12 from seed thread when they were talking about making more seeds instead of taking cuts. But its a good way to get moms. and the main thing is the damn yield. they just don't yield till you got that mom and clones.

and in small spaces, its probably better to train a clone. But I stand by in that initial no grow stage the fastest way to get a sativa harvest and a sativa mom. otherwise you end up growing runts and males which sucks alot worse.

Last edited:

Spangli

Promotion

Promotion

Hi Everyone!

Luiz asked me to help him a bit, here is his seed promotion:

Can you please let the people know at the forums that I´m doing some
promotions of seed sale. Any seed order I will give 12 seeds of Black
Colombian or 12 Punta Roja and if they wish both of them will be 6 seeds of
Black Col. and 6 Punta Roja. This seed sale promotion will be only one month
ending on 7th of October. The price for 10 seeds of any strain for 50
dollars or 40 euros.

bscordering@hotmail.com

Here is the list of strains available:
Aracaju Red (direct from the source in Sergipe- NE of Brazil)
Brazilian Green (a.k.a Original Green)
Chocolate Sativa (pure sativa of extreme potency a.k.a Chiba)
Cabeça de Nego (the true one Bahia Black Head)
Colombian Gold (Santa Marta land race sativa)
Manga Rosa ( old school land race sativa from the 70´s)
Diesel Power (Sour Diesel X Col.Gold)
Tropical Treat Special (Colombian Gold X Colombian Jack X Haze X Skunk#1)
Redman Skunk (super skunk x thai backcross thai)
Purple Haze (special sativa x indica cross but indica dominant from 20´Thai
breeder )
Sabre Sativa (a hairy land race sativa from Paraguai full of resin glands)
Colombian 13 (G13 X Colombian Gold)
Zamal pure line from La Reunion french islands
Celestial Temple Sativa (from Federation seed company)
Electric Smoke (Col.Gold X Manga Rosa)
Lemon Verde (special lemonade buds from Bolivia and Paraguai also)
Colombian Black
Punta Roja

Thanks a lot for your kindness.
L.

I think this is the place to tell it.

Spangli

hanfiking

Hey everyone, as if i was summoned i just started a pure sativa indoor grow what are the chances huh.
Hey Motaco kudos on the thread man love it your like a my ganjonary lol come by and grace my grow thread with your presence. i will keep with this thread up to date with all pros and cons of my indoor sativa grow
peace everyone

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
lol. well one problem solved. yeah overwatering is no problem at all. natural as anything. they'll be fine.

about the flowering. I personally count from the day I switch the light. maybe thats how people count 44 day flower times then. that would make sense.

but no those plants look right no schedule. I'd say another fifty or so days yeah.

they probably just finished stretching so fast in the last few days huh?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
hope who was telling the truth about this type of grow? the breeders? or somebody else?

I never grew the thai tanic so I didn't know how it would turn out. But I figured the satori would need a while to veg to get a real cola.

Unfortunately alot of pics that people put up of their grows appear to have a large main cola, but when trimmed its dramatically smaller. They also lie about the weight. I see a pic and I've seen alot of weed and they'll say the weight and its clear they just guessed completely. I get into enough fights on accident that I don't try to start nothing but I always wanna say "call DeBeers. If they found out they could grow diamonds instead of mine for them they'd be pissed. Because for some of those pics to weigh what they claim it would have to be dense like an industrial grade diamond."

Thats why I really don't reccomend 12/12 from seed for most plants unless they are pretty sativa. It's still good and the fastest way to find a mom don't get me wrong, but in my experience most things with that amount of sativa. cherry bomb 2, willi nelson, diesel, etc etc usually don't yield too much flowered from seed. I used many of them for hole fillers in the canopy. Of the numerous hybrids I've flowered from seed few attained 1/4 ounce a piece. The only ones I had yield were the rare freaks and of course sativas that go nuts and get 7ft tall. They got alot of bud on them. Most of the hybrids yielded a lil over an eigth usually.

It's that mom that does the business. once you have the mom its quality cola from the floor up. and you get those ounce or half ounce per plant yields. The main thing is does it tighten the nodes, and get rid of all that damn useless stem room before the branches. Outdoors its great to help it get above the canopy and protect from mold, but indoors it's a tremendous waste of space.

hanfiking

does 12/12 from seed ruin the strains genetics over time as it adapts and passes this info down to f2 f3 f4 etc?
And a completely different question... when you age your bud, do you literally just whack it in a paper bag after curing and leave it there?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
no hawaiian weed is claimed as some of the finest and it stays under this growth rotation. some might not like it though I don't know.

But remember I don't reccomend growing 12/12 from seed. I reccomend growing 12/12 from seed on stretchy sativas and to get mothers. I don't reccomend starting a breeding operation to cover the seeds of a constant plantlet garden.

about the curing. They have alot more detailed threads in that forum but it short you trim and dry till the outside of the buds are dry but the stem and inside of the buds are still moist. and then you put them in paper bags to remoisturize the buds. and you slowly completely dry them in that very slowly before they go into jars for the final step. But they have alot more detailed instructions in the harvesting and curing forum.

@obl. yeah they look great. hard to say how much they'll yield this early especially since I never done thai tanic or satori. But growth wise there is nothing wrong with them at all.

I'd be real careful about popping that MG. I remember you were saying you gotta get going by christmas or new years. It's cuttin the flower time pretty close now; especially if you wanted to veg for a clone first. But you should have plenty of time to reveg your favorite thai tanic and satori cuts, and then your next harvest will only be two months or so in front of you with a good bit of bud.

But I'd personally wait on the MG. its easy to move mothers and clones in a lil tupperware but you don't wanna be moving with a few 5ft MGs.

but you'd know your space and time frame better than I would. If you got enough room for a few moms and cuts and the MG go for it. But if you need the MG to be done by christmas I don't think it'll make it in time anymore.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
oh no of course not. no problem at all. thats what I built this for. we can get all the grow questions anyone has out of the way here and have the UST for the regular stuff. plan is working perfectly.

I've never taken cuttings from plants in flower, however people I've talked to said the problem wasn't getting the roots, it was getting the plant to revert once it formed roots in the flower phase.

I would definitely reveg your favorite thai and satori. mothers is where its at trust me. and they only take up a tiny amount of space. Not much to the revegs I used to just make the reveg bush my mom because they are so short and bushy once they reveg. but it really doesn't make a difference how you do it.

is there a reason you're not sure about re-veggin? are you looking for better strains to keep as moms? or want to grow new varieties every time? because I used to do that alot too but it hurts yield alot.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I finally found this thread, and that 1st page is a killer! Makes me wanna grow some sativas NOW! :D
Like you motaco, I've been out of the indoor scene for many yrs and I'm just starting up, so I have to get it all dialed in 1st.
That bit about using clear cups and bottles to monitor root growth is just awesome! I always use 4" sq. nursery cups, and always thought using the beer cups was wacked, but I just gotta try that one. A big tip 'o the cap, mate!

Oblidio, best wishes on your grow, glad you're posting up here! I was bummed when you quit your thread. :confused:
Carry on, guys! :lurk:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Finagleabud said:
So I've got a bagseed plant on day 56 of flower and I'm thinking it's mostly sativa. Here's a picture of the main top. It's not showing any amber trichs at all yet and its day 56, plus the buds are just somewhat small and airy, but VERY resiny. Whenever I move the plant around it makes the room reak. Plus this is a 12\12 from seed plant and it's performed very well so far, so that also makes me think its sativa dom.

I am flowering with CFL's though, could this be the reason for the slower budding? Does quality of light help buds mature faster or does it just make them bigger? I mean, I've got around 135W of CFL light on one small-ish plant, so it's not TOO bad, just wanna figure out if she's sativa or what:

newbuds1.jpg

i actually found thai would grow tighter denser buds(but smaller) when it had CFL light near it. try a hps on the same strain your doing and see if you have similar results to me.

Last edited:

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
here's my southeastern bagseed, seems to be sativa dominant, this is day 50ish of flowering, mos def a mix of sativa strains, some buds are way more airy then others as you can see, any comments would be appreciated.

Pimpslapped

motaco said:
"call DeBeers. If they found out they could grow diamonds instead of mine for them they'd be pissed. Because for some of those pics to weigh what they claim it would have to be dense like an industrial grade diamond."

Well, since you can grow diamonds (And yes, DeBeers is VERY unhappy with that one, since it is something they can't monopolize.)...

Well, that's neither here nor there, just had to comment on it. A good portion of 'Industrial' grade diamonds are man made.

More on topic, thanks for starting this thread! I'm keeping a close eye on it as I have plans to start working on growing out some real Sat's when I get the chance. Oddly enough I haven't come across any good ones yet (Well, one, but it was male) and I've been growing exclusively with bagseed thus far. I'm in the SE, you'd think we'd end up with more mexibrick, but I don't seem to come across it as much. Almost everything I've popped so far seems to be mostly indica dom... sigh.