What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS OUTDOOR TRASH CAN SCROG

awesome yukon...lookin good. you are forceflowering them correct... sorry i guess i missed that part... unless u have a very early finishing strain

sunwukong

YUKON, just finished reading the thread and I gotta say, I'm impressed by the simplicity. I may well have to go buy a few trash cans. Great idea man. :headbange

wordtree

any updates, yukon? that screen is probably a little more green for ya...
I plan to use this tek in Israel when I get a chance.

NOKUY

Veteran
wordtree said:
any updates, yukon? that screen is probably a little more green for ya...
I plan to use this tek in Israel when I get a chance.

update?....yep you got it bro :wave:

...and thanks for stoppin by everyone!!!! :headbange

I told you guys that I'd def. be keepin' ya posted on this one

I'm more than happy with the results so far.

still several weeks to go, but they are VERY happy and healthy plants....and gettin' frosty!

I made a nice tea with Indonesian bat guano, and seaweed...and fed them that yesterday.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
yowza
nokuy are those buds showing some purple?
is that DC influence?

oh man those are laying on the frostiness for such young looking buds! :canabis:

noticed you are not using dirt just peat... is it for better drainage ?? if one would use OF dirt would it require less watering since peat dries faster?? i dont know much about the outdoors

NOKUY

Veteran
thats funny "highonthechrinc" when you typed that my update pics were downloading :wave:

everyone thanks for stoppin by! I'm glad you guys like it so far!

"hazy" the perple is on the "KaliChunk" (kalimist/x13/thai X DC) ...im not sure if its DC influenced because the rest are all DC crosses :confused:

"dasme" there are a ton of drain holes in the bottom...I basicly water just like I do indoor plants, but we've had some rain recently, so I havent had to water in a while (I did give them a small watering yesterday because I thought that they could use a feeding)

"researchonly" I'm using more than just peat...it's peat and perlite and Lots of worm castings and dolomite lime and indo. bat guano and bone meal and blood meal ...and i'm feeding them "tiger bloom" and a bit of "big bloom" on occasion...so its really just a "soil grow" I just made the mix from scratch.

BTW the can smells super skunky when you put your face in it, or if your right next to it.....i havent noticed the odor beyond 5 feet or so.

ok heres the pics:

Last edited:
yukon i havent checked the thread in a while and its looking great! :D
awesome buds you got starting... im curious to see how well these canned plants will yield as compared to outdoor plants that were forced to flower outside of a can. Even if the yield is half of the latter, i would much rather have the security of the can :D

peace bro
boris

NOKUY

Veteran
I'm sure that the yield will be considerably less than if they were out in the open.

but thats fine w/ me too....its a safer, more secure way to have a cpl. plants outdoors, and the light is free. (nothin' ventured, nothin' gained)

I'll prolly end up just making a hash run out of the whole crop when its done.

also w/ the can I have the option of bringing it inside a throwin it under the HPS anytime I want.

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
im definitely watching with interest, this is very interesting to see what will come of them only getting direct midday sun mostly and how it will do with yields as well.

They are looking frosty and nice though Yukon, I will be stickin around to see what is to come of this.

Catch you later on man :wave: