What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HLG 550 - Site Reccomendation

Hi there,

I am based in the UK and I am looking for a place to buy the HLG 550 as I have to pay Duties & Taxes on this which makes the product quite expensive. I am also looking into the HLG 600H but I believe, correct me if i am wrong, the HLG 550 is better.

Please do help me and let me know how to proceed...

FlaDankster

Veteran
I don't know if i'd call it better.A bit more efficient than the 600h if that is a concern but i don't think it's enough to justify the difference in cost.

To my understanding the 600h would be a tad pricey on shipping to your location but not for sure.

The 600h is also unfortunately almost twice the weight of the 550.

And being able to have a pot installed with the 600h is nice.

I don't know if i'd call it better.A bit more efficient than the 600h if that is a concern but i don't think it's enough to justify the difference in cost.

To my understanding the 600h would be a tad pricey on shipping to your location but not for sure.

The 600h is also unfortunately almost twice the weight of the 550.

And being able to have a pot installed with the 600h is nice.

The 600h seems to be slighter smaller in diameters. Price difference - it is cheaper and only has 1 year warranty as opposed to the 550's 3 year warranty.

What do you been have a pot installed?

Latest posts

Latest posts