What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bushy Indica

Triplenova

I am growing in soil, and it's my first organic grow. My Indica (triple nova) has just taken off and never looked back. It's outgrowing the rest of the plants, and there are so many different opinions on what to do about it. The nodes aren't getting much light because of the size and number of the fan leaves. Do I let it go and defoliate in the stretch or now? Or do I do something different? Thanks in advance.

I am using a California light works 220 led. I have a hydrofarm t5 set up with 8 bulbs in it and I can use that as directional lighting if that's an option. Sorry, I'm basically a noob and am just trying to do everything right.

Attachments

• 20180328_200111.jpg
    20180328_200111.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 23
I would remove the large leaves that are covering the branches. once they are exposedto the light they will bush out aloooooooot faster. I ususally do 3 rounds of defoliation before I tie down/scrog/low stress train, all the large branches. this is a good way to improve yields.

blays0r

Personally, I think removing leaves is not the best option.

Why haven't you topped to keep vertical growth at bay?