What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dynavap ?

nattyroots

Any dynavap fans out there?

I got an M and a Woody and they both are extremely satisfying (relatively) cheap vapes. And the flavor.

I was a bong and pipe (and joint smoker) for fifteen years and now I find smoke unnecessarily dense. Doesn't mean I don't smoke the occasional spliff but my day-to-day is now vaping.

If i can figure out how to post pics, they'll show up.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 76

nattyroots

Btw I'm not the president of the company, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Fuckcombustion has a 1000+ page thread on it.

:tiphat:

Cream47

Underground Grower
Very nice product I've got one and I prefer it than the Mighty, the Vape is very taste and the stone it's similar than a joint, this vapo remember me the bubbler. the only flaw in my opinion is the fact of only three shots.

b8man

Veteran
Love my VapCap.

Currently waiting on the induction heater which should make it even more awesome. It was nice to be free from batteries for a while but now I just want the raw convenience of it.

Egzoset

Salutations NattyRoots,

Any dynavap fans out there?

Although i don't have nor need one myself i consider that was the best thing to happen in portable vaporism since i registered on FC in 2010. More precisely that's because of a relatively recent combination with electro-magnetic Induction Heat technology (mentioned previously) as performed by enthousiast owners themselves, despite the MLFB manufacturer warning on FC that IH solutions were non-viable just a few years prior to this most refreshing outbreak, as i recall...
[ www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqGygA_o-s ]
YouTube: Vapcap M PS Mini Induction Heater (2018-Jan-26)

[ www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8JPkAj_0os ]
YouTube: Portside Mini Vapcap Induction Heater (2017-Dec-17)

[ www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0XmW-qRD-U ]
YouTube: Vapcap M, Induction Heater Single Click Bowl (2017-Jul-17)
Of course i find there's still room for improvement, like to wisely exploit "adiabatic approximation" in order to quit heating excess mass (and eliminate skin burns), as i've done in "Micro-Bursting" flame mode by juxtaposing VG's SiC foam and a metal shield/radiator to form a "Hybrid Core" with even more appropriate temporary heat storage - considering that's a "1-Hitter" anyway:
picture.php

Actually this drawing above was my suggestion to the DynaVap manufacturer, he didn't appreciate it but that won't really change a thing to my underlying principle. Essentially it turns out VaporGenie owns the intellectual patent on "Plan-B" where "B" stands for butane, while leaving "Plan-A" IH mode niches totally unexplored. Be the 1st to share the fun in even more clever ways to attain satisfaction!

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

nattyroots

Very interesting, although to be honest, I'm not sure I understand the diagram completely.

After significant practice I find that my single flame butane lighter gets me about two solid hits (sometimes three) without going near combustion.

But I would love to try an induction heaters. I even wondered if an induction cooktop (or the batteries of an MFLB) could be used for the same purpose, but have been a little wary of trying, as I'm not much of an engineer.

Looking forward to real induction heaters for VC reaching the market. I might have to get one to try out. Videos online seem really nice.

Glad to hear there are other VapCap fans out there. I had a few of the cheaper end vapes and this one beats them out of the water except, you want to share your vape with a group of people. Then the VapCap is a little inconvenient as the bowl size is not so large.

Have a good day!

Egzoset

Hi again NattyRoots,

...not sure I understand the diagram completely.

Most likely it's because i never explained it completely in a single post neither, not to mention throughout the years i couldn't know for sure what my attention would focus on next...

After significant practice I find that my single flame butane lighter gets me about two solid hits (sometimes three) without going near combustion. But I would love to try an induction heaters.

The same pipe using the same lighter will fail for some blends if i don't adapt my operator ritual suitably: a heat pulse which is more intense/brief (e.g. "dense" or "time-compressed") doesn't expose to as much damage as a "stretched" one... Think of your fingers extinguishing the flame of a candle vs getting burned by steam after micro-waving food. It's all a matter of matching heat and workload in such brief delay the material in close proximity simply won't have time to thermalize.

In my vaporist scenario this is done on a toke-per-toke basis, ideally with minimized "baking" occuring in between. Switching to IH would provide more precise "packetization" as a function of mass, specific heat capacity and Curie temperature; effectively replacing flames with sources of improved replicability.

Using electro-magnetic Induction Heat and my "LAVA" full-blown ("Bi-Energy") "capsule" concept we'd also avoid dealing with a "Release/Transport Agent" made of "Hot Dry Air" alone while eliminating butane flames as a requirement to self-conditioning, provided a couple droplets of distilled water can be turned into vapor by an auxiliary heater - which is easy enough using wireless electro-magnetic coupling. For all i can tell even an ultra-sonic stirrer promoting improved heat propagation would seem an attainable goal, i believe... Etc.

:eyelash:

So it's always based on this basic contrasting structure:
picture.php

picture.php

YMMV.

Briefly put it's a 2-states Hybrid Core where airflow causes a radical change from heat insulating properties (when iddle) to a radiative/convective heat source coupled directly to a bowl's top once things are set in motion... Similar to a "diode" alternating states with its polarization current.

Thermal storage is very temporary and yet still most appropriate in pulse mode where depletion of successive heat charges happens to be an even more beneficial feature! Because we don't want the bowl to "bake" between 2 tokes.

My "capsule" simply combines 2 of those Hybrid Cores in a near-symetrical fashion, so to implement some convenient analog-style heat control, between 2 fixed "packetized" references, etc...

I even wondered if an induction cooktop (or the batteries of an MFLB) could be used for the same purpose, but have been a little wary of trying, as I'm not much of an engineer.

M'well, considering both actually exploit very different operating principles it may prove much safer just to leave electricity alone indeed.

As for IH cooktops this is a solution i could imagine in days i didn't foresee any better:
picture.php

Demeyere's fry pans are thermostatic when powered by an IH plate, their composite alloy has a Curie point around 250 degrees Celcius, as i recall, so once accounting for interface losses and whatnot it might have been OKay in more traditional "Hot Dry Air" scenarios - even with Inlet Self-Moisturization and "Potentialization" optionally supported: just by dropping a few droplets in the heat exchanger perhaps.

Go figure, i never dared cut mine: it's way too expensive and i loved how it behaved on my stove in the kitchen! Plus it would feel heavy and cumbersome in a pocket!

Looking forward to real induction heaters for VC reaching the market.

That must be fun but i found "Plan-B" was "A" grade enough to afford missing the IH opportunity myself. Bio-Feedback as a training tool remains a more immediate challenge though...

...the VapCap is a little inconvenient as the bowl size is not so large.

That's a paradox when we consider how much heat is being wasted to make it burn skin on contact... My bowl is about 125 mg and 1 single toke 20 ~ 25 mg each i think, the real challenge was to obtain plenty of aroma/taste from at least my 2 first tokes. Otherwise it's like attempting to murder a fly with a canon - but my "Plan-B" daily driver also appears to work fine enough as an eye opener anyway. Consider opening the window: duplicate and think peer reviews if you do!

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Last edited:

nattyroots

That new M is got Jedi written all over it. The Vong is a great invention too. One for every occasion. I didn't have the glass one but had two other glass one - vapogenie and the glass inside the test tube one, both of which worked surprisingly well when you put in the time to have them work. I'm sure though that if I used them more they'd probably be shattered by night.

Yesterday I was showing some friends my M and I accidentally dropped it. Everyone thought it was going to break, which as far as I know, in normal circumstances doesnt happen very often with the vapcap non glass line.

I really want the Omvi. Just waiting for the impulse to happen. But very happy with what I have as well.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The 3 possible sizes are based upon how deep you set the screen. The bowl (or, TIP as it is called) is the same size on all of them.

Just an FYI... I am very successfully using an induction heater with my VapCap. It has not seen a torch in weeks.

Standard "Dental Wax Induction Heater" on eBay or Amazon. If you want details, feel free to ask.

White Beard

I have several, over the last nearly 2 years, and I love them. Since the advent of induction heating, I love them even more. Too bad my IH is dead now.

IH is hard on cheap components, make sure you’re looking at a fault tolerant design...

Egzoset

I have several, over the last nearly 2 years, and I love them. Since the advent of induction heating, I love them even more. Too bad my IH is dead now.

IH is hard on cheap components, make sure you’re looking at a fault tolerant design...

That will teach you a most basic lesson about matching IH power output vs IH workload.