What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much gram per hps 600

scarafino

Hi, I am in HPS 600w and I can not get out more than 0.5 g/0.6 per watt in soil I would like to get out 0.75 see 0.8 gram per watt!

I work in 3 gallon pot with 9 plant per lamp and 1 month growth starting from seed (critical + 2.0 Dinafem Seed)

Do you have any solutions to get me closer to the watt gram?

You think that with lamps Gavita 750 It would be easier for me to miss the gram watt rather than with a 600w HPS

Koondense

Veteran
Maybe your lamp is old, maybe your ballast is magnetic...these two factors drop the light intensity, for a start.
As Drop said, SCROG is the way to go for yields. Train your plants to get as many tops as you can, then switch to flowering.
Gavita 750W would be a big improvement over the 600W hps but it's very likely that a 600W led would get you over 1g/W.

Cheers

IMO your pots are to big and you are not vegging long enough.:ying:

If it was me I would have 9 plants potted up in stages with 6 litre final pots. Make sure they are fully rooted before flipping the lights, which should take 6 weeks at the very least.
I would top them all to create a nice even canopy with plenty of bud sites and then you should yield at least 2 oz per plant which will give you around 1 gram per watt :)

iTarzan

You are almost at 1 gram per watt. Which would be roughly 2 lbs under a 1000w.

At .5gm per .6watts, your formula not mine (kinda weird) you are getting .83 grams per watt.

600w x .83 = 498 grams which is 1.09 pounds.

Is this post a humblebrag?

You are getting over a pound under a 600w. WTF? Read up on stuff. You only needs some tweaks to get more but you are doing fine as is.

You are almost at 1 gram per watt. Which would be roughly 2 lbs under a 1000w.

At .5gm per .6watts, your formula not mine (kinda weird) you are getting .83 grams per watt.

600w x .83 = 498 grams which is 1.09 pounds.

Is this post a humblebrag?

You are getting over a pound under a 600w. WTF? Read up on stuff. You only needs some tweaks to get more but you are doing fine as is.
He is nowhere near a gram per watt and hes growing under a 600 not 1000 and he said he cant get more than 0.5 to 0.6 gram per watt which would be between 300 and 360 grams which is really poor under a 600!
so maybe rather than telling him to read up you should read his post properly.:biggrin:

iTarzan

It looks like he said he is getting .5 grams per .6w I know he isn't under a 1000w. I did the conversion for easy math.

If someone is getting .5 grams per .6watts they are getting .83 grams per watt. DO THE MATH!!!!!!!

If he meant he is getting .5g -.6g per watt he should have written it that way. Not .5g/.6g watt. .5g-.6g is .5g to .6g The / is per.

And he still should look at the freakin 1 million threads on how to improve his yield instead of wanting someone to spell it out for him.

I am under a 600w and my yield is low. What should I do? If you can't get the proper yield from a 600w even if you go up to a 750 watt you still will be low yield for that lamp. He needs to read other posts and learn to maximize his grow.

There's nothing wrong with my maths!!!:laughing:it's your READING that's the problem :asskick:and i have already given him advice on how to improve his yield, its quite obvious he is not fully rooting out his pots in 4 weeks of veg and his pots are to big,6 litre final pots are more than enough.

I do agree that changing the light is not the answer:)

Last edited:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
the key to succesfull yields is dialling in the strain for area provided ,,learn about plant spacing and light/height configuration and you will hit the targets

Scrog net

Exactly.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=326079&page=273

Scroll down a bit to my post. I also run a 600W HPS. Crop depends on:

1) Genetic/Strain
2) Size of pot/root. The bigger the root, the more feed it can take
3) Light intensity (light can be optimized with a scrog)
4) Using the proper dose of fertilizer
5) General conditions (temperature, humidity, soil quality etc.)

IMHO the influence of fertilizers is overrated

scarafino

Hi, Exactly I am not an expert but I leave about 300 grams at 350 Gram 600W is not much! I did 3 weeks of growing in 3.6 liter pot and then I put back in 11 liters I did about a week of growth and then I spent 12/12 I would like not to exceed 1 month of growth for each grow and 2 months of flowering You think the pots are big for 1 month of growth? A +

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Doing better than me. I get 2 Oz p/m. Under a 400W. So that's about 0.3 now in compost

rolandomota

you can harvest every two months if you had a separate veg area and do a perpetual grow with 2 months growing and 2 months flowering in bigger pots 11 liters from the start with no transplant should put you at abundant yields. When you start to flower you also start the next crop in your vegging area and in two months you harvest while the next crop is ready to flower after 8 weeks growing and the next seeds planted ready to grow for 8 weeks .

Americangrower

Veteran
Depends on what you are growing, something like a commercial producer like blue dream I'm sure grown right you can pull over a lb. Me I grow perpetual under 3 x 600w and many different girls (not commercial producers) I never weight them and always try and pull a few every week, but I would guess around 3/4 lb maybe a lb per light.

scarafino

grow

grow

2 months of growth I find it a lot for pot of 11 Liters,

I see a lot of growers on the internet out between 400 and 600 grams in 11 liter pot with 1 month of growth ...

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
.5 to .6 grams per watt is not too confusing for most. Sure is for some folks though.
My yields run .37 grams per watt and has held steady at that number since 2001. I am happy with the results because when I went high yield for a year (just to see) I did not care for the time and labor schedule. Too much work for the results in my opinion.

As a math major in college I had problems with communication, autism is the culprit, but misreading other's intentions remains a problem. Math has no such uncertainties.

I make errors but do not attack the person I misread, or at least I try not to.
There are times I feel a purposeful misunderstanding is deliberate, why a person should do this has many causes, most are not complimentary.

DKBuddy

2 months of growth I find it a lot for pot of 11 Liters,

I see a lot of growers on the internet out between 400 and 600 grams in 11 liter pot with 1 month of growth ...

1 week of veg after transferring the ladies to the bigger pots is probably not enough.
They will likely still be a little stressed at this point from all the trouble.
I would definately give them at least 2 weeks so they come into bloom strongly.