What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GAVITA 1000 DE VS 750DE

scarafino

Hi friends ,

I hesitate between equip a grow room with gavita 750 or 1000 with 8 foot ceiling, what is the best choice according to you?

How much do you harvest with 750 gavita for a 1 month growth?

The 750 is as effective as the 1000?

digging

I would suggest looking into DE CMH bulbs.

The spectrum and they're CRI value, grows some amazing quality cannabis …

Quags

I run perpetual garden 8x4 with 8 ft ceilings and can easily achieve 1g/watt. Using one 750 gavita and supplemental 300watt hlg. No experience with the 1k gavita.

That being said I am looking to go Full LED shortly. I would use 750's as canopy temps and height will be your issues in my experience.

Hi,

i'm using the 750 DE from several time now...

I'm really impressed so far..

I get 650-700 grams from 5 plants every time. No matter what strain.

the space is a "ghetto" 1,2x1,2 meter grow tent.

Hempy's 100% perlite.

Hy-Pro nutes A+B only form beginning to the end.

This year at about 3/4 of flowering:

Ans my setup is poor other than the lamp...

So a terrific productive light.

I never ha a classic 1000w hps but i think that a 750 garita de will be as effective or even better

scarafino

Hi friend and thank you for your answer,

Can you harvest 700 grams with a 750 gavita in 120X120?

How much do you grow in pots?

Are you really sure of the result?

Does it heat up much more than a 600W hps?

Hi man,

Yes i'm sure 650-700 easily.

Those plants yielded more than 650g.

And you see it's only some basic lst/fim.

Only good thing was the temp gap that was naturally good with 18-19 night and 24-25 during day.

I always veg for 25-30 days with the gavita dimmed to 400 W.

I can tell you that the heat is much higher than a normal HPS (not because the ballast, that stays perfectly cool) and i use to mantain a distance of 60-70 cm from the canopy.

It's also suggested in the gavita manual in fact..

Not having any roof in the "box" helps in this case.

It's a cheap setup with a great lamp... not beauty but works soooo well

I always start flower them at about 1 week from this point:

Another little shot:

Maybe with some genetics we are more in the 500-550 (but the super-low yielding only...) but always consistent.

I think that adding 2-3 weeks of veg and 2 more plants... you can score incredible yields with the 750s.

But in my mind the limit is that 2,5-3m ceiling is needed. And that because of the distance needed. Maybe is not a good thing for many setups (like the ones that needs cooltubes etc..)

Quags

To follow up. Yes, with a 750 and 120x120cm or 4x4 space it’s possible. To get to your 1g/watt you will have to pack em in there but it’s absolutely possible.

Latest posts

Latest posts