Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2017, 11:40 PM #21
Devoted1

Devoted1 is on a distinguished road
Hey Yuba, after setting up auto light dep, how are you gonna install the pellet stove? I'm trying to figure out how to do that, would save me a lot of liquid propane. Thanks buddy
Devoted1 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:16 AM #22
Oedipus

Oedipus is on a distinguished road
bending steel

I'm quite interested in building one of these models but am still confused how to bend the steel. Anybody know if theres business's that will bend the steel for a fee? Or is one best off purcahsing an electic steel roller.
Oedipus is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2017, 06:01 PM #23
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.hoopbenders.net/
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2017, 07:29 PM #24
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Location: it's like a cross between an industrial vacuum cleaner and a chrome piggy bank with marital aids stuck all over it.
Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Nice, thanks for the thread!
Chunkypigs is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:01 PM #25
Amoeba

Amoeba has a spectacular aura aboutAmoeba has a spectacular aura aboutAmoeba has a spectacular aura aboutAmoeba has a spectacular aura aboutAmoeba has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
This lady has some decent vids on YT as well, she puts in the work

Old 03-05-2017, 10:13 PM #26
VonBudí
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

VonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud of

subbed

Old 03-06-2017, 05:41 AM #27
Devoted1

Devoted1 is on a distinguished road
Also wanted to say please make a thread on the auto light dep, I will be needing it for the gh in June, thanks again yuba
Devoted1 is offline Quote

Old 03-09-2017, 08:12 AM #28
Deezl

Deezl is on a distinguished road
Definitely interested in the pellet stove/ventilation controller settings. Thanks for the thread!
Deezl is offline Quote

Old 03-09-2017, 04:56 PM #29
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough
Building greenhouses by yourself sucks. I usually do them with my one homey but he had some personal shit going on. What we can do together in 2 days, takes me a full week. Got plastic up and ladies in. Got it all ghetto rigged just to get them in.

Devoted 1:
For the pellet stove. Installing is pretty simple. Do it like a house kind of. I built a small 2x4 box so I could hook up the wall thimble to it. You just need a regular old pellet vent kit for a house, 2x4s and some osb. I have a solid north end wall so it's easy to mount the box to the endwall. I will do an auto light dep thread building a 20x60 after this one is done. I'll share some pictures today of an auto.

CrushnYuba is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:51 PM #30
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough
Deezle: you can buy fancy greenhouse controlers. They have ports for heat and fans that work off humidity, c02, and temperature. Basically the answer for everything is heating and venting. Do a Google search for "how relative humidity works" and for " dehumidify commercial greenhouse". It will explain better. Humidity is measured in rh. Rh is relative humidity. It's how much moisture is in the air relative to how much moisture the air can hold. The warmer air is, the more moisture it can hold. Let's say it's 40f out and 100%rh. You bring it in the green house and heat it to just 60f and the rh drops to 50%rh.
This is basically the opposite of how compressor dehumidifiers work. They work on dew point. They lower the temperature of the air so it can't hold as much moisture. Moisture condenses into water and runs into the bucket, then they reheat the air. All that is totally unnecessary in a greenhouse. It uses a ton of electricity, and puts off heat anyway.
I don't use a fancy greenhouse controller. I just have a seperate fan controller and I have a thermostat for my stoves. If the rh gets to high, it runs the exhaust/intake. The thermostat on the stove kicks on to keep the air the right temperature. I use a regular 25$ bi-metalic thermostat from a hardware store for stove.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.