What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i hear the crowd chanting FERTILE, MYRTLE, FERTILE, MYRTLE.

sounds like the chant would work!

and here is our precocious debutante now! the first four are myrtle in her resplendent glory. she has never been in the dark

all these plants are the cloned tops of seedlings so they are still showing some opposing phyllotaxy.

the next one is myrtle's sister, ivanka. she's hot to trot too!

a couple of group shots that should have been side by side.

the three in the bottom middle are; Whitaker Blues, Marionberry Creamer, and Wreckage.

editing to add that myrtle is a stardawg x c-99

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 13

gmanwho

Veteran
they look all very healthy.

just thinking out loud here ,an this is all experimental...... the c99 offspring had some weird things going on when i popped the first gg4 x c99 seedlings. mainly leaf mutations, leafs looked like maple leafs, or webbed leafs. after the 4th node it was history. none showed the early flowering thing. but then again i only popped like 20 something seeds.

havent gotten into the stardawg corey x c99. so this is news...

so whatever that trait is came from c99, i believe.

orrrrrrr. i have 2 other plants in my arsenal that could do that. MOB - mother of berry , or Lucifer OG. there where seeded lucifer og plants from the c99 in that room, so there is a slight chance some of the seeds could have gotten mixxed up with my worker or wifey. things arent exact sometimes over here. i doubt its lucifer, cause lucifer is a completely different plant, the smell is straight fuel/solvent vapors. theres always the off chance... or its simply from the father.

i do know however when the mob of lucifer does the pre flower thing they grow abit slower. when flipped flower sites fill in like 2x the others by day 20.

i do know also that these 2 other plants i currently have, an others before those, if i clean an prune the lower sites it tends to snap out of the preflower. this might work for myrtle too? worth a shot. ( maybe the pheromones are telling it to flower, removing some of the lower sites it may lower the pheromone level an snap it into full veg?)

just some thoughts

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
they look all very healthy.

just thinking out loud here ,an this is all experimental...... the c99 offspring had some weird things going on when i popped the first gg4 x c99 seedlings. mainly leaf mutations, leafs looked like maple leafs, or webbed leafs. after the 4th node it was history. none showed the early flowering thing. but then again i only popped like 20 something seeds.

havent gotten into the stardawg corey x c99. so this is news...

so whatever that trait is came from c99, i believe.

orrrrrrr. i have 2 other plants in my arsenal that could do that. MOB - mother of berry , or Lucifer OG. there where seeded lucifer og plants from the c99 in that room, so there is a slight chance some of the seeds could have gotten mixxed up with my worker or wifey. things arent exact sometimes over here. i doubt its lucifer, cause lucifer is a completely different plant, the smell is straight fuel/solvent vapors. theres always the off chance... or its simply from the father.

i do know however when the mob of lucifer does the pre flower thing they grow abit slower. when flipped flower sites fill in like 2x the others by day 20.

i do know also that these 2 other plants i currently have, an others before those, if i clean an prune the lower sites it tends to snap out of the preflower. this might work for myrtle too? worth a shot. ( maybe the pheromones are telling it to flower, removing some of the lower sites it may lower the pheromone level an snap it into full veg?)

just some thoughts

i view it as a good trait. most of my keepers in the past showed before flower.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
how are the stem rub smelling???

hows av8ors going?

i haven't rubbed her yet. it was just the first date!

don't know about his. i will soon though! maybe he can spare a few moments of his precious time to let us know what's up?

gmanwho

Veteran
i view it as a good trait. most of my keepers in the past showed before flower.

well i guess thats a good thing. I hope they blow the doors off the commercial seed packs. anyone who knows the stardawg corey knows she is a massive yielder with trichome coverage to match. then on top of that...... when everything went wrong on the grow........shes still good. never have i had produce shitty product. more often shes amazing. talk about the efficiency of her to maintain a spot in our prime garden real estate. not the densest when dried...

heres a pic of the mom.. i know i have better somewhere

picture.php

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
well i guess thats a good thing. I hope they blow the doors off the commercial seed packs. anyone who knows the stardawg corey knows she is a massive yielder with trichome coverage to match. then on top of that...... when everything went wrong on the grow........shes still good. never have i had produce shitty product. more often shes amazing. talk about the efficiency of her to maintain a spot in our prime garden real estate. not the densest when dried...

View Image

looks tasty! Myrtle and Ivanka will be going into the main veg system later in the week. usually 4-5 weeks there and into flower. can't wait!

View Image
Hey Gmanwho I was researching a problem i was having and found one of your posts. I have a CT-1 Cycle timer that has a photo cell. it keeps turning on when lights go off and it is causing problems for me. how should i deal with this?? im pretty mad because i bought the timer months ago while i set up ppk. hooked every thing up and its turning on when i dont want it to. have you figured out a way to bypass it somehow??

420ish

Hey Gmanwho I was researching a problem i was having and found one of your posts. I have a CT-1 Cycle timer that has a photo cell. it keeps turning on when lights go off and it is causing problems for me. how should i deal with this?? im pretty mad because i bought the timer months ago while i set up ppk. hooked every thing up and its turning on when i dont want it to. have you figured out a way to bypass it somehow??
you have to get the sun and moon together .then it will work day and night.here is a video.the lux button is how you change between sun and moon or both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywz7HunhFd4

you have to get the sun and moon together .then it will work day and night.here is a video.the lux button is how you change between sun and moon or both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywz7HunhFd4

Yeah but the problem is the timer will reset the timer and power on every time the photo sensor detects change from day to night and day to night.

This is frustrating because 90 minutes can pass in the dark and it will water for 30 seconds and I won't know and I can open the door or somehow expose it to a little light and it will water again and if my buckets haven't replenished yet my pumps can starve or I worry that my buckets may overflow :(

Apparently there's no way to turn off the photo sensor.. :mad:

Last edited:

TurboCharged

Newguy you have 2 options. 1. Put it on the moon only and cover the sensor with black tape. 2. Run an extension cord outside of your room or to a dark area and again put it on the moon only. When I switched to de's I had to move it outside of the room completely.

420ish

Yeah but the problem is the timer will reset the timer and power on every time the photo sensor detects change from day to night and day to night.

This is frustrating because 90 minutes can pass in the dark and it will water for 30 seconds and I won't know and I can open the door or somehow expose it to a little light and it will water again and if my buckets haven't replenished yet my pumps can starve or I worry that my buckets may overflow :(

Apparently there's no way to turn off the photo sensor.. :mad:

a piece of tape over the sensor will stop that.

a piece of tape over the sensor will stop that.
yeah im stumped. that was the first thing i tried. i put 987 layers of black duct tape over the photo cell, set it to night only and it will CYCLE ON normally.. then it will go to countdown the OFF TIMER for like exactly 4 seconds then all of a sudden reset itself and turn back on again! As if i cut on the light and turned it back off?? i have no idea what is going on. i think im going to open it up and try shorting the photocell leads together. Or just disconnecting the photo cell circuit to see if that helps. Just need to make a set of spanner security screwdrivers so that i can try to modify this timer..

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! sorry for intruding D9!

Ravenboy

ant to gie propr to d( again - just finishing my send PPK grow, and a more complete one, with the complete get up, with ic tank, central res, except I have a pump per site.

2 one meter sq tents 1000 wats of LED light (actual draw) per tent. 2 bomb cheese 1 white widow and 4 afghanis all entering harvest starting this morning spread over the next two weeks (the dang widow is taking forever)

I will beat my first PPK grow average, and I mostly I goofed off the whole grow, only mixing and adding nutes, training/turining plants. . relaxing grow. I had a pump fail, and it was more than a few days before I noticed it. the tailpiece fed the plant, it had no reaction that I could discern WHATEVER, which is perfect for a third work country with iffy power grid. my friends here cannot believe the yields I get

but its not me, not at all, its the PPK and Jacks at 600 plus some moderate LST. I will say I flipped at 12" - the plants if they weren't wound around in a serial would exceed my vertical. they are 5 footers if they weren't trained. amazing . the stretch was 5x and all I did was 10L of coco/chunky perlite 50/50- and a couple of liters every 90 minutes, nothing more really.... except the training.

many colas 24 " long, and a liter plastic coke bottle shape at the top. took me most of the day to trim one (maybe that because of the scissor hash though)

420ish

yeah im stumped. that was the first thing i tried. i put 987 layers of black duct tape over the photo cell, set it to night only and it will CYCLE ON normally.. then it will go to countdown the OFF TIMER for like exactly 4 seconds then all of a sudden reset itself and turn back on again! As if i cut on the light and turned it back off?? i have no idea what is going on. i think im going to open it up and try shorting the photocell leads together. Or just disconnecting the photo cell circuit to see if that helps. Just need to make a set of spanner security screwdrivers so that i can try to modify this timer..

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! sorry for intruding D9!
i also dont go in the room after lights out.sealed tight!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
1, 2, and 3 are myrtle and 4, 5, and 6 are ivanka. both are Stardawg x C-99.

also want to report that i finally changed the reservoir at 130 days. the solution was stable at around 880 ppm and ph was at 6.1. plants were all still looking good but i'm about to plug 9 more flower sites into the system and wanted to give them a fresh start.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 12

Vhghost

130days, just awesome! I'm just getting back into the swing of things and I remember changing res every 7days 10years ago.... Glad to see guys like you are around to push the envelope.
Excellent job!

sahdgrower

Alright! Got my PPK setup. I have 2, 4 site PPk's each assembly consists of 3.5gal on top of 3.5 gal. 2"pvc wick pipe filled with chunky perlite. I did it a little different than you guys, thinking of starting my own thread where I show the details. My plan is to use the 4 site Veg PPk and cull down to the 2 better plants and put them in flower and alternate, so I will harvest every 5 weeks. I also setup a DIY EZ cloner which is working well for me using Snypes method, and I setup an early veg setup that is basically a mini ppk to get the clones ready for the 3.5 buckets and give me an opportunity to again select the best of the lot. So... I have really read a lot on the PPK but one thing I couldn't find covered well is how do I determine both my air gap and my feeding schedule. I am running a new strain and my grows in general have been sporadic and horribly upset by life drama so I am not super in tune with my plants and what they are telling me. At present I have a 4" air gap. Am watering in a 50/50 chunky perlite/turface blend at 30 seconds every hour. I am using a cheapo Active Aqua? pump 285 GPH. Each pump feeds from a control bucket to 2 plant sites so on each 4 bucket system I have 2 feed buckets. Im using homemade water rings that I made out of 1/2" tubing drilled every so often with I think a 1/16" bit. I havent measured how much water each halo is delivering each pulse. Sorry for rambling post.... been a long night and the old lady is not happy with me :( Thank the good lord I can hide in my garden :). Legal weed is such a blessing! Just had an open discussion for the first time in my life with my next door neighbor about my grow. He grows to but stinks at it! Gonna hook him up with the IC and watch him crank! His yard and mine get a great southern exposure. Usually I just grow in the ground outdoors but this year I am gonna do half outdoor PPk!