What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

Selfmad313

I need to get rid of russet mites how to clean my room out my house with out leaving any chance of leaving one russet mite alive or eggs!!!!!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
NO PEST STRIPS

NO PEST STRIPS

Buy a No Pest Strip or two from Home Depot. Some people don't like it because it's chemical based and is carcinogenic, but it works fast and you don't have to spray/fog your plants, just place them near the plants and they do their work. Saved more than a few crops here.

That is right. Your pests will be gone. You will have herb that you can smoke without fear! I have been doing it for years.

cirric007

Guaranteed Diatomaceous Earth Eradicates Them Lil SUCKERS. And A Fan 12 Hours A Day.

Guaranteed Diatomaceous Earth Eradicates Them Lil SUCKERS. And A Fan 12 Hours A Day.

Diatomaceous earth the *_* BOMB. Sprinkle around the walls, windows, doors and your plants and stem. Use a 2 lil cloner collars. Lil :) Mite Hotel/Restaurant ;) if you will.

Use a fan all day all night on a automatic timer. 15 minutes on 15 minutes off, all day...

cirric007

Guarantee diatomaceous earth kill before their on plant. 12 hours a day FAN Wind!

Guarantee diatomaceous earth kill before their on plant. 12 hours a day FAN Wind!

diatomaceous earth walls, doors, windows, and 2 cloner collars (lil killer hotel and restaurant). One above the other. And a fan on 12 hours a day. On a automatic timer 15 hour increments, on /off! Hell Yeah death to...

cirric007

Dont sprinkle diatomaceous earth all over your floor

Dont sprinkle diatomaceous earth all over your floor

diatomaceous earth goes a long way. They even eat diatomaceous earth lol!

Mengsk

^ kind of looks like spam but I was about to post something similar yesterday. DE, and I've been using two Organocide products so far with what seems to be good results. A clean grow area (either "sterile" indoor or free of litter/debris/dead foliage outdoor) and treating the whole area not just the plants with DE and neem oil or the like can repel pests too. DE and boric acid for the ground and around the beds, similar to preventing slugs and aphids. No intention to use chemical insecticide and restock/start over isn't always either necessary or viable.

PDX Dopesmoker

^ kind of looks like spam but I was about to post something similar yesterday. DE, and I've been using two Organocide products so far with what seems to be good results. A clean grow area (either "sterile" indoor or free of litter/debris/dead foliage outdoor) and treating the whole area not just the plants with DE and neem oil or the like can repel pests too. DE and boric acid for the ground and around the beds, similar to preventing slugs and aphids. No intention to use chemical insecticide and restock/start over isn't always either necessary or viable.

I had good luck using DE to get rid of (or at least control) russets outdoors last summer.

philberg

Safer insecticidal soap

Safer insecticidal soap

I've used avid and forbid on russett and broad mites and I found you needed several sprays because they kill on contact. I switch to safers
being that you can use it in flower or veg and its safe and just as effective as the above mention chemicals.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I used avid rotated w forbid and a couple other nuclear options to save prized mothers.

But to clear up q misconception that seems common here, avid and forbid 4f do not kill on contact. It takes up to 5 days for the critters to eat the leaf that contains the poison.

They are both translaminar insecticides. Meaning they form a well of poison in the plants own tissue that must be ingested by the russets to be effective. Which can take days. That is why an ovacide should also be added to your rotation so you are not constantly battling emerging bugs.

These lil fuckers almost closed my doors as a grower, and the avid forbid combo did knock em out. I haven't seen any in years.

By far the worst pest I have ever dealt with.

beta

Veteran
I'm telling you, there's no need for toxic or dangerous pesticides. Horticultural oil kills 100%, living and eggs, on contact. Use a fogger to get good coverage. Spray every 3-5 days. Problem solved, no poisons needed.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Sulfur in veg, then OGBiowar in flower....Gotta be vigilant though. I tried EVERYTHING until I followed another members advice. Havent seen them since. Hope this helps

OP

gladysvjubb

Veteran
NO PEST STRIPS. They are your only hope! Cheap and effective. I have been growing for years with them in my grow areas. I have NO BUGS!!!!!

philberg

Translaminar means the chemical penetrates through the leaf and that it isn't systemic, where it spreads through the entire plant. If you miss any part of a leaf, that part is now a home for the mites to feed on. That's what I meant by contact. Since you need to spray every 3 days with avid and forbid to make sure your hitting all the surface of all the leaves, I since switch to safers because it is very effective on mites and eggs and works just as well and you can use it up to harvest day if you need to. There's is a added benefit, that it also kills powdery mildew and other fungi.