Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Forcing bloom: Manipulating photoperiod for out of season harvest

Thread Title Search
Forcing bloom: Manipulating photoperiod for out of season harvest Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 AM #21
420stoner

420stoner will become famous soon enough
can i just cover my future greenhouse with black plastic to flower my future girls, you guys think this will work?
cuz i dont want to be caring my future plants in & out.
420stoner is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 AM #22
Dkgrower

Dkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really nice
@420stoner, u need to use some kind off material that block out light and can do that fore a minimum off 2 months, alot off material breakdown or wear, when exposed to outdoor weather.

The cheepest i can get is polydress-texaleen, black plastick that farmers use to cover hay, potatoes piles with when laying out side.

That comes in big rolls 50 m by 6m or bigger and can block out light fore 1 year, u need to change every season.

@Bling it wont work u need to block the light 100 % i have seen the funnie freak plants when a beam off light hits them or they grow right into the blackout materiale, last year i had a row off powerplants where the half part off the plant grew very close to the black out materiale and some light came in from the bottom, all that row the half side off every plant was so freaky with 1 finger leafs and the other side off the plant was fully normale producing nice buds...

Bom shiva
Dkgrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 AM #23
Spanishwilly

Spanishwilly will become famous soon enoughSpanishwilly will become famous soon enough
Hey there,
can anyone direct me to pics or links of larger automatic darkening systems?
Or just tell me how they work? Bigger ones, that is.
Spanishwilly is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 PM #24
Dkgrower

Dkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really nice
Hey SpanishW u need to do study off the subject, it is used in professional greenhouse gardening..

They work by strings and a special motor what pull the strings.. Not easy to build your self but if u buy a second hand 1 and build the greenhouse so it fits. Is the cheepest way..

Other wise u need a V-block style greenhouse if u want to run the new systems....

Good luck.. a greenhouse with automatik shading system is a bud producer, where u can grow alot with very littel work... Only harvest will be a major task...

https://viemose-driboga.eu/page/inventar/gardiner.html
Dkgrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM #25
weeddaddy50

weeddaddy50 is a jewel in the roughweeddaddy50 is a jewel in the roughweeddaddy50 is a jewel in the roughweeddaddy50 is a jewel in the roughweeddaddy50 is a jewel in the roughweeddaddy50 is a jewel in the roughweeddaddy50 is a jewel in the rough
Nice topic

I have a new greenhouse and trying to figure out a black out system for a 4 x 12 table....actually 2 of them.
weeddaddy50 is offline Quote

Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 AM #26
FatherEarth

FatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to all
I need to black out a 15'x70' greenhouse with exhaust fans and intakes and also has a ss double wall gh heater vent. I was thinking of boxing the exhaust fans and attaching round drainage pipes the kind that are corrugated and about 3 feet in diameter to the boxes, same for the intakes and pulling the blackout tarp over that.... any suggestions would be great. Thanks

FatherEarth is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2012, 04:11 PM #27
FatherEarth

FatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to all
There has got to be somewhere where the blackbox info is hiding. Too many ppl doing light deps these days to not have current stuff up. Can someone plz link me up?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 PM #28
al-k-mist

al-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura about
Man, this is the shit.
We did a spring crop, that was more out of neccessity, moving them out of the flowering room to make more space. It worked. when done, we put clones in pots, put up a screen(stupid idea), and rocked out

We did not use automatic stuff. The first round was black plastic on the inside(14X15X6 high), run thru the ribs.
2nd round, found a big tarp that fit(15X25). Both times it was just black shit hung at the ends, super ghetto
Next year its on. Bigger gh, and , not automated, but rolled up tarp on a roller, instead of hand
730 am, 730 pm Got a cell phone but no service, just to have alarms set at 7 and 7. But it got to be habit.
It was also a time to do all of the work, and beginother stuff, so work is done by noon, mostly, and chill until 730 pm.
al-k-mist is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 PM #29
al-k-mist

al-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura aboutal-k-mist has a spectacular aura about
I meant to say that when the first light dep crop was done, we did another light dep crop. 2 crops back to back
with 2 months veg time indoors, then do one while the next crops girls are vegging for 8 or 9 weeks, hopefully one could yield nicely, with organics, maybe 20-25 gallon home made smart pots(not done that yet)...thats the plan for next yr. 48 each time, legal limit with 2 people growing for self and 3 patients each

Old 10-27-2012, 06:55 PM #30
al-k-mist

see this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	028.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	189546