What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

T

TribalSeeds

How do u guys mount your exhaust fan? On the inside or out? and what would be the most effective way of doing it?

Mine are inside this time. It's not the most efficient. You don't want any bends near the fan. The fan motors might give off a little heat.

phunka

So do you find blowing over the light instead of pulling works better?

i've got cool tube-->ducting-->fan--->attic with fresh air coming from my tents one sleeve and the mesh screen as well. And it runs around 29-32 (84.2-89.6f) which i think i'm happy with..

hey there!

I love these tents! I got 4 lol.

DR120 - 600w Hid
DR90 - 400w Hid
DR60 - 200w cfl
DR40- dry/seedlings

peep my thread in sig. to see em in action.

once i have the room on my electrial i wanna put a 1000w in the DR120.

cg

P

painroad

Is this thread still going? I just recently got a 10X10 a buddy gave to me. Should i use the fans intake/exhaust inside or outside the tent. Also i will only be using one 1k hps for now. The heat will be an issue in another month, any other pointers or suggestions for a new tent user?

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
anyone have a SJ propagator? i am thinking about getting something for popping seeds and veggin' a little bit.

anyone with experience? with it fit a 2ft 8 bulb t5?

I have one with 4x18w, i have treid with PL-L Powerarmatur 2 x 80 W but they burn the small plant, maybe 2x55 would do i dont know but 2x80 is to much, 4x18w works okay.

The 2x80w works great in a DarkStreet II DS90 to veg plant and they only use 125w total, the 18w use like 25w each.

Blaz3

Grow Lab vs HydroHut's??..

Also Thunderkel,do you have any pics of the HTG Mother Keepers,Im looking to buy one,and use two pllx55w

e_24

Another dr60 grower here. I'm running a 400w lumatek dimmable with metal halide at the moment. I was running the 250 setting until the clone was established, then busted out the 400 setting which my og wonder is loving. I would put pics of the cab, but I have no camera and no internet at home. Just cellphone. I also managed to squeeze an air cooled hood in there with my ducting fan and filter, leaving me with roughly 39 inches of space to grow in.

A dr60 is a massive improvement from my 1 sqft box that is now being converted to a mother cab for a future perpetual.

All I have to say is wow. I love my tent! Looks cleaner and super stealth in my closet. Only qualm is that I wish that the intakes were larger to prevent the sides from sucking in from all the negative preasure

Desert Dan

Veteran
I run a DR60 as well... I have two of them connected in a NGB style setup. Veg one side and flower in the other. With a little love and innovative use of 4in ducting I scrub all my air via one fan/filter in the flower tent.

I have a DR90 as well, but I think the double DR60 is the perfect perpetual set up for me! It amazes me how many of you guys cram air-cooled hoods in these little things! That is one tight squeeze!

-DD

e_24

Quick question for the gl and dr60 guys and gals. I'm running about 9 1 gallon smart pots and need a drain tray that fits the 23.5/23.5 tent floor. Make watering easier and faster and not have to remove the plants from the room.

Also, first time runnin a hempy and I have to say that the growth in hydro is fantastic. This baby is vegging like a champ and is takin up a quarter of the space in the tent. She is the only one I hydro right now, and I'll be going back to soil after this run in lieu of a perpetual. My wife just started smoking and now I need a way to keep both of us supplied and I think that a perpetual would be the way to go. I'm already running my veg cab, but it's only 1sqft, so careful planning of mothers and clones are going to be critical. Need to check the micro section to see how people run their micro cabs for propagation, mums and clones.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Hey E24,

I think 9 1gallon growbags is perfect for the 2x2 area of the dr60. I ran 16 one time and it was just way too crowded! I just use the spill tray that comes with the tent and I have never had a leak. If I were running smart pots I would just bottom feed in the tent by pouring water into the spill tray. That would save a lot of time!

-DD

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for a bump.....just got this DP90 today it measures (3'W x 2'D x 3'H) my 4 bulb 2' t5 or even my 8 bulb 2' t5 fits in there perfectly nice setup for seedlings/clones/moms/dads

picture.php

picture.php

bikhomes

just about done building out my INT600 (the 10x20), 6,000w bloom in half of it, sealed, co2, etc etc. will post up pics when done. :biggrin:

KONY

Veteran
I feel like the new 2.0-2.5 versions of the SJ tents are not made to the same quality as generation 1.0. They only include 2 roof crossbars now and the connections (where the crossbar connects to the frame) are plastic instead of being all metal and part of the crossbar itself.
The new "black" floor is inferior quality. Not nearly as thick and doesnt keep water off the floor nearly as well.

We have 2, 240w. As well as one 120. Only one of the 240w is generation 2.0. All the other tents are 1.0. However my buddy got a 300w 2.5 recently.
The one big improvement over the 1.0 version to 2.0 was the backside of the bigger tents is fully accessible now, same size as front.

Not really sure where I am going with this post, but anyone else notice the same thing that has a 1.0 and 2.0 or 2.5 version?

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had the DR100 1.0 generation so i hear ya on the changes,the plastic hooks i guess can be sketchy if you plan on hanging a heavy light on them. when i opened my dp90 i was like wheres the other 2 bars? thought they forgot them.

the plastic is ok for hanging smaller lights ive read on other forum people saying they are trustworthy,what i do kinda like about the plastic hook ends is that its easier to put the cross bars into place as the metal hook ends were hard to snap it on a bar then try to move it into the right position (at least on mine), the plastic hooks make that alot easier.

it'll be interesting to see how well the plastic holds up in the long run with cold/heat,weight stress & aging.

OZZ_

Veteran
Bump! Quick question - does anyone know if a DR60 II will fit a hydro farm designer 2' x 8 bulb T5??

Latest posts

Latest posts