What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Cheap Mass Cloner

G

Excellent containers... Lightproofing the bottom one makes them even better... :yes:

G

Hi Grat3fulH3ad, ok. ill figure something, duck tape it or something. Do you score your cuts or just 45 angle the bottom. Been using rw cubes/Olivia gel in domes with unreliable results and really fed up wondering how many cuts will make it. Like the looks of the ez cloner 30 but for 275 they can keep it. Ill try this first, thanks for sharing :wave:

ick

G

yea these are great.

i splurged on a ez120 for my birthday this year, lemme say i've seen callouses in 1 day, and roots jes over 36 hours at around 4 days in the ez clone i'm ready for planting.

i veg in my beds fer about another 10 days as the cuts somehow grow in the ez clone

im using clonex and hydroguard with a lot of good luck:)

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Simplicity itself

Simplicity itself

Ya gotta just love it. :)
An Idiot proof method, I dare say, if such a thing exists.

A 90% plus success rate sure beats a 90% to 100% failure rate anyday.
Raise your hand if you lost 'em all before with other methods... (meekly raises hand.)
There may be faster and more expensive techniques that work well, but this takes the "Blue Ribbon" for ease of construction, setup and predictable efficiency. Perlite sure is a beautiful thing when it comes to cloning.
I used to grow vegetables outside in nft style 4 x 8 foot lined plywood 100% perlite beds very succesfully.. Very versatile stuff that perlite.
Capillary matting, felt, or even nylon rope may also be used for a wick.
Hell, even strips of a tee shirt would work for a one time short term use affair (for instance if lantern wicks are hard to come by, hey, it's an option)

Informative, "you too can clone succesfully" type of thread,
Thanks for sharing.

:)
.......................................................................................................
Passive Hydroponics (WICK SYSTEM)
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=265238#post265238

Last edited:
Cool, simple setup greatful. I'll definitely have to try this out myself. Hard to go wrong for $10. Do you put the clones under light while they're rooting?

G

Looks like an excellent cloner, Grat3ful. I wish I had seen this earlier. I spent the $60 to get one of those 10 plant Magic Cloners. I was 6 for 6 on my first try and all had rooted good enough for transplant in 8 days. Works great, but evidently I could have gotten by cheaper with a larger plant capacity had I done it your way. Oh well, you learn from living.....lol.

Keep 'em green, bro. :wave:

G

Hi Greatful, now I find this thread after I bought one of them ez cloners. But your thread is a real asset to the comunity. (I shake your hand.)

Well, I thought I'd give this thread another bump. I built a cloner like this one today, and I just stuck 18 cuttings in it. It was definitely very cheap, and easy.
I'll check back here with my results.

G

thanks h3ad. i'm certainly going to make one. sounds like its bulletproof. and for only $10.

G

nice job novice... You may want to lightproof the rez with duct tape or something, to prevent alge growth...

G

My Homemade Cloner

My Homemade Cloner

Hey Grat3fulH3ad,
I don't mean to jump your thread but I thought I would show my inexpensive homemade closer. I have had great success using this.

It is not real big but it works quite well. It is really, really simple to make and use.

I bought a tupperware and the grocery, as you can see it is about 5 inches deep 12 inches long and about 5 inches wide. I spray painted it green, I guess for good luck, but actually I read somewhere that it was beneficial to have it dark for easier rooting.

Anyway, I drilled 8 holes in the top, 2 rows of 4, with a 1/2 drill bit. I drilled a whole at the top of one side for my airstone hose. I placed my airstone on the bottom in the center, ran the hose out.

I fill it to the top with regular tap water, approx, 68 degrees, where I live the water quality is quite excellent I have been told it is because of all the limestone in the area, add 5 drops of superthrive and 5 drops of cal mag.

I then place my cuttings in their respective spots, 5-8 days later I have a nice bundle of tap roots. It cost about 20 bucks to make. Like I said simple and inexpensive. I would say that I get approx a 95% success rate.

It sits in a nice little cabinet that I made that has a 24" flourescent under the kitchen cabinet type light in it. I change the water in it once a week. The light is on 24 hours and is about 10 inches away.

Peace,

nltdbsss :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

That is a decent homemade cloner nltdbsss, However, mine cost $10.00 to build and holds upwards of 60 cuttings at a time, and the rooting times are very similar... nice try though...

G

The air stone is the majority of my cost. I think I remember that being about 15 bucks. The tuperware was about 3-4 dollars. I could have made it hold maybe another 4-5 cuttings by drilling the holes a little closer but I have a small operation, so I really only need to do 8 cuttings max at a time.

peace,
nltdbsss

Latest posts

Latest posts