What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal Hash - first indoor grow

Koondense

Veteran
Hello Ace people!

Welcome to my first indoor grow and diary, I'll be growing two ZamalHash plants from seed.

Planned setup:

Tent - 120x60x175 cm
Lights - start with 100W cfl, soon adding 300W home made LEDs (Cree cobs)
Pots - 18L for Zamal Hash, 11L for TTSCO Cognition, 6L for MNS Early Queen
Soil - mix of BioBizz Allmix, coco, perlite, EWC, Plagron Supermix and mycos

Planned schedule:

Vegetative growth - 4-5 weeks
Last veg week(5th week) - gradual reduction of photoperiod
Flowering - expecting 9 weeks

Background - I have only outdoor guerrilla experience so I'm expecting to learn a lot and enjoy even more. any advice is very welcome

Since the grow space is only 120x60 I'll have to train(lst) and supercrop or top the plants to fill the tent and avoid too much stretching.
The goal is to grow an even canopy like in scrog but who knows what will come out in the end:) Maybe a net will be added later.
This thread will of course focus mainly on the two Ace plants.

Soaking the last two Zamal Hash seeds in few minutes.

Let's roll:biggrin:

Cheers

B

Baron Greenback

Nice, good luck - it's much fun.
Grown the Zamal x hash before?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
expect 10-11 weeks mate..if you get lucky you might see something done in 9, but I only got 1 out of the pack I had (5 fem seeds)

Koondense

Veteran
@BaronGreenback
I have a ZH outdoors, last time it looked pretty good. Will probably chop it next week.

@JamieShoes
10 weeks are no problem, I guess the veg time will be adjusted. I want the whole cycle to last for 13 weeks, max 14.

konopenko

Veteran
Koon bro whatsup! I read somewhere growers discusing shit etc..and some described indoor growing lot easier than outdoor. I see you have decent soil, good genetics so you should expect nice harvest in 3 months. I cant see pics :)

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Konopenko!
I just put the tent together(120x60), soil is mixed and resting for 48hours now. Seeds are soaked for 24hrs and the EarlyQueen already popped. ZamalHash are still sleeping but waking up very soon:)

I have the intention to plant straight into final pots, make a layer of less strong top soil. Basic soil should be pretty good, I mixed in lots of good stuff so I hope the plants will like it.

I also feel indoor should be easier to grow because of much more control over the environment, but outdoors takes care for itself and a good season can deliver amazing results. I'll try to replicate the good summer conditions we have with lots of light and good soil(not replicating the drought lol), the result should be good I hope.

Fingers crossed!

Tomorrow we start for real:)

konopenko

Veteran
My advise is to repot them few times before throwing them in final pots...why? Roots are most important part of plant, so they should develop as much as they can in smaller pots and than explode again and adapt in bigger pots ;)

Koondense

Veteran
I'll follow your advice, as I do the same outdoors. Only now I realized I could soak and sprout the seeds some weeks ago and by now I'd have three stable seedlings. I guess I'll have to be patient a bit more and next time think ahead a bit.

Gemüse

Hey Koondense,
Im also interested to try indoor aces´s. Is this your first indoor experience? Sounds like a good strain to start. Wish you all the best.
greets gemüse

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Gemuse,
It's my first time indoors, feels like the first day of school:)

I put the two clones in the tent now, zamalhash clone has slight mutation on leaves, it's still in reveg mode, hopefully it turns normal soon, otherwise I'll discard it to avoid any possible further mutations like hermaphrodism.

For now I'm keeping both ZH and Cognition clones, time will tell if they stay or not.

Tempted by indoor ace plants? Very good!
I listened my gut and went for zamal hash, hopefully the strain will perform well in my noobish first grow.
Can't wait to see your indoor.

Cheers:tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Nothing is happening for the moment, seed caps are still not above the ground. The ZH sprout is building the taproot but still not reaching up.
One ZamalHash didn't sprout yet and I really hope it happens tomorrow.
Remembering the sprouting of my first ZH for outdoors, it was also a bit late to pop compared to most of the other seeds I had at the time, took four days so fingers crossed.
Maybe it's the temperatures, around 19-21 during the day.

Meanwhile the Cognition clone got some deformation on new growth, looks of an uneaven green color, light green on tips.

Waiting for tomorrow.

Koondense

Veteran
Short update.
Both clones are looking ok, the weird leaves on Cognition are slowly normalising(I remember it had some similar trouble at one week from seed in summer), ZamalHash is still revegging, leaves are sibgle bladed and it looks like it's herming a bit, but I'm not sure about it. Could be the preflowers I took away are now regrowing somehow.
We'll see.

One ZH from seed is just breaking the ground, the other was still inert this morning. I decided to help it out so I cracked the seedshell and loosened it a bit with a sharp clean knife. Right now after 9 hours the taproot is showing and it will live, it seems. Oh yeah:)

I hope to bring more good news in the weekend.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Update on the outdoor Zamal Hash:

I was about to harvest the plant but instead decided to let her go for a week or two more.
Resin coverage is INSANE, and the top buds are dense and chunky.

The reason for harvesting was that I expected her to be molding but I found only two minor molded spots with caterpillar shit inside. After cleaning these parts and inspecting the plant it was clear she could hold on for more time and get a proper ripening. Leaves are still nice green and healthy enough.

Next ten days will be sunny and progressively colder, so I let her enjoy the sun for some more and hope for some darker colors. Some bud tips have a purplish tone to them, last night was around 6°C.

Cognition is also very nice, is about 3 weeks from finishing, maybe I'll cut her a bit earlier if temperatures drop too hard.

No pictures for now, gotta edit them first.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Indoor update(notes to myself):

now both ZHs are up, one started photosynthesys while the other is a day behind and will open her leaves very soon.
The EarlyQueen had serious issues, the root went up instead of down so it died too early.
The EQ got replaced with two regular ACE Mix seeds of pale gray color with nice dark stripes over them. No soak, straight into soil for a fast start. They will share one 6L pot and will be there mostly for fun. Probably won't get big, and one will likely be male.
I was about to start a Tikal x VBT or Zamaldelica x VBT but their flowering times are way longer compared to the other plants. I was also tempted by Kali China but went for the ACE Mix instead.

Cognition clone is getting bushy, ZH clone showed some mutated leaf curling, a kind of spiraling growth. Took the couple of mutant leaves down, now hoping for normal growth and development.

More updates with pictures are coming in the next week.

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah, I feel blessed with the many seeds I have:)
Not much left of Ace seeds though, gotta get me some new ones soon.

Sad news, yesterday I had a feeling the late ZH seedling stalled its growth and in the morning looked the same size with a brownish color. Now it's definitely dead, probably got some infection of soil bacteria or something like that.
Also I noticed in all three ZH seeds, they were all late to sprout and needed extra help getting their shells and inner skin off.

So now I'm left with a ZH clone and a ZH seedling, both looking quite happy. Expecting the mix seeds to pop soon, now that one ZH is gone they'll each get a proper pot, hoping for two females:)

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Kono,
Sativa general:)

Maybe a soldier or two would come of help in these times, hopefully they don't stink too much:D

Cheers bro

Koondense

Veteran
Here's the first photo update, so you can be sure I'm not just telling stories:)

Everything looks fine, I think the ZH clone is finally changing leaves to normal veg leaves. Let's see.

In the tent
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts