What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Woman, 52 given just six weeks to live claims to be 'cured' due to CANNABIS OIL

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Woman, 52, given just six weeks to live claims she has 'cured' her terminal cancer with cannabis oil - and baffled doctors have labelled her 'Wonder Woman'

Joy Smith was given just six weeks to live when diagnosed in August 2016

She read about a cancer patient who went into remission due to marijuana oil

Doctors call Ms Smith 'Wonder Woman' as they are so baffled by her recovery

She recently won £84,000 in a competition she entered 'under the influence'

Ms Smith is speaking out to encourage cannabis' legislation for medical use

A woman claims cannabis oil has 'cured' her terminal cancer.

Joy Smith, 52, from Coventry, was given just six weeks to live after being diagnosed with inoperable stomach and bowel cancer in August 2016.

Desperate for a solution, Ms Smith reluctantly took cannabis-based tablets, alongside chemotherapy, after reading about a cancer patient in the US who went into remission after producing her own marijuana oil.

Nearly two years on, doctors, who described Ms Smith as 'the luckiest woman in the world', are baffled as her scans show just a small amount of the disease is left in her stomach, which she is confident will disappear with continued cannabis use.

As well as approaching a miracle remission, Ms Smith has also recently won £84,000 after entering a TV competition while 'under the influence' of cannabis oil.

She is speaking out to encourage cannabis' legislation for medical use, saying: 'I'm a walking miracle. The doctors call me Wonder Woman.

'Cannabis oil should be legalised for medical purposes - people are dying and chemotherapy isn't curing them.'

Ms Smith takes the nutritional supplement cannabidiol, which is derived from cannabis and is legal in the UK, however, her treatment also contains THC, which is what makes users 'high' and is not permitted.

She is believed to buy the oil illegally online.

WHAT IS CANNABIS OIL AND IS IT LEGAL IN THE UK?

Government advisers made it legal to buy cannabidiol (CBD) oil in 2016 after they admitted that it has a ‘restoring, correcting or modifying’ effect on humans.

However, the oil's legal status has confused thousands across England and Wales, after the MHRA back-tracked on its position just weeks after.

Suppliers now have to obtain a licence to sell it as a medicine, following the decision in October two years ago – but some weave the strict rules.

Manufacturers are able to avoid regulation by selling it as a food supplement - ignoring the lengthy process of gaining a medicinal licence.

CBD oil, which can reportedly help with back pain, anxiety and epilepsy, has yet to be approved for use on the NHS in Scotland.

It comes in many forms, the most popular being an oil - which users spray under their tongue - or gel tablets which melt slowly in the mouth.

However, cannabis oil - which contains THC, the compound that produces the 'high, is illegal under UK laws.

But Billy Caldwell, from Castlederg, Northern Ireland, made headlines last April when he became the first Briton to be prescribed it on the NHS.

Cannabis oil, which reportedly has no side effects, influences the release and uptake of ‘feel good’ chemicals such as dopamine and serotonin.

'I would not be here without it'

Speaking of taking cannabis oil, which she describes as being like eating 'thick black tar' mixed with olive oil, Ms Smith said: 'When you're told you have six weeks to live you'll try anything, trust me.

'I was a bit sceptical about the oil at first as I'd never taken drugs or anything like that - but I know I would not be here today without it. I want to tell everybody.'

After being diagnosed with terminal cancer, Ms Smith was told chemotherapy would only buy her more time.

She started having treatment every two weeks for three days, but had to have the line that delivered her chemotherapy taken out after she developed sepsis.

Ma Smith was unaware her friends had been researching an alternative cancer cure online until she was handed a cannabis-based tablet out of the blue.

She said: 'I didn't want to take it at first; I didn't know what it was.

'Afterwards I felt drunk, all the nurses were looking at me and I was trying to act normal. I couldn't speak, my words just slurred out.'

Ms Smith then started researching cannabis oil online and discovered it had worked for other sufferers.

She said: 'I was looking for reassurance. I wanted to know if anyone had ever been cured by it.

'I was taking it on and off. But when I'd been having it three-to-five times a week, the scans were getting better and then when I stopped taking it the scans showed no change.

'At first I was only taking a tiny drop the size of about half a grain of rice.

'Sometimes it takes hours to kick in and sometimes it's straight away. You do get stoned and you get very tired. It made me want to sleep so I tend to just stay in bed when I've taken it.'

'I've beaten science'

Describing her miraculous discovery, Ms Smith said: 'It's impossible, but I've beaten science. My friends kept saying if anyone was going to beat it, it would be me, and I did - I'm still here.

'People are starting learn more about it now, it's what's keeping me here.

'When people are dying something needs to be done. I want to do everything I can to get it legalised for medicinal purposes in the UK.'

'I wouldn't be here now without it.'

A few days after learning she has nearly beaten the disease, Ms Smith discovered she won a competition she entered while 'high'.

She said: 'I would have been stoned in bed and I entered an ITV competition, it must have been a text to win one.

'I'd just got back from the trip when Loose Women phoned me to tell me I'd won £84,000 - I thought they were winding me up!'

After ticking everything off her bucket list after she received the terminal diagnosis, Ms Smith is unsure how to spend her prize money.

She said: 'I did everything I wanted to do. The money doesn't even feel real at the moment, it's just so surreal. It's been a whirlwind.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5489775/Woman-52-cured-terminal-cancer-cannabis-oil.html

Cannabis helped my own Mother during her last years, and she was able to come off most of the medication her doctor was prescribing her that was giving her stomach ulcers.......GN

led05

Chasing The Present
Woman, 52, given just six weeks to live claims she has 'cured' her terminal cancer with cannabis oil - and baffled doctors have labelled her 'Wonder Woman'

Joy Smith was given just six weeks to live when diagnosed in August 2016

She read about a cancer patient who went into remission due to marijuana oil

Doctors call Ms Smith 'Wonder Woman' as they are so baffled by her recovery

She recently won £84,000 in a competition she entered 'under the influence'

Ms Smith is speaking out to encourage cannabis' legislation for medical use

A woman claims cannabis oil has 'cured' her terminal cancer.

Joy Smith, 52, from Coventry, was given just six weeks to live after being diagnosed with inoperable stomach and bowel cancer in August 2016.

Desperate for a solution, Ms Smith reluctantly took cannabis-based tablets, alongside chemotherapy, after reading about a cancer patient in the US who went into remission after producing her own marijuana oil.

Nearly two years on, doctors, who described Ms Smith as 'the luckiest woman in the world', are baffled as her scans show just a small amount of the disease is left in her stomach, which she is confident will disappear with continued cannabis use.

As well as approaching a miracle remission, Ms Smith has also recently won £84,000 after entering a TV competition while 'under the influence' of cannabis oil.

She is speaking out to encourage cannabis' legislation for medical use, saying: 'I'm a walking miracle. The doctors call me Wonder Woman.

'Cannabis oil should be legalised for medical purposes - people are dying and chemotherapy isn't curing them.'

Ms Smith takes the nutritional supplement cannabidiol, which is derived from cannabis and is legal in the UK, however, her treatment also contains THC, which is what makes users 'high' and is not permitted.

She is believed to buy the oil illegally online.

WHAT IS CANNABIS OIL AND IS IT LEGAL IN THE UK?

Government advisers made it legal to buy cannabidiol (CBD) oil in 2016 after they admitted that it has a ‘restoring, correcting or modifying’ effect on humans.

However, the oil's legal status has confused thousands across England and Wales, after the MHRA back-tracked on its position just weeks after.

Suppliers now have to obtain a licence to sell it as a medicine, following the decision in October two years ago – but some weave the strict rules.

Manufacturers are able to avoid regulation by selling it as a food supplement - ignoring the lengthy process of gaining a medicinal licence.

CBD oil, which can reportedly help with back pain, anxiety and epilepsy, has yet to be approved for use on the NHS in Scotland.

It comes in many forms, the most popular being an oil - which users spray under their tongue - or gel tablets which melt slowly in the mouth.

However, cannabis oil - which contains THC, the compound that produces the 'high, is illegal under UK laws.

But Billy Caldwell, from Castlederg, Northern Ireland, made headlines last April when he became the first Briton to be prescribed it on the NHS.

Cannabis oil, which reportedly has no side effects, influences the release and uptake of ‘feel good’ chemicals such as dopamine and serotonin.

'I would not be here without it'

Speaking of taking cannabis oil, which she describes as being like eating 'thick black tar' mixed with olive oil, Ms Smith said: 'When you're told you have six weeks to live you'll try anything, trust me.

'I was a bit sceptical about the oil at first as I'd never taken drugs or anything like that - but I know I would not be here today without it. I want to tell everybody.'

After being diagnosed with terminal cancer, Ms Smith was told chemotherapy would only buy her more time.

She started having treatment every two weeks for three days, but had to have the line that delivered her chemotherapy taken out after she developed sepsis.

Ma Smith was unaware her friends had been researching an alternative cancer cure online until she was handed a cannabis-based tablet out of the blue.

She said: 'I didn't want to take it at first; I didn't know what it was.

'Afterwards I felt drunk, all the nurses were looking at me and I was trying to act normal. I couldn't speak, my words just slurred out.'

Ms Smith then started researching cannabis oil online and discovered it had worked for other sufferers.

She said: 'I was looking for reassurance. I wanted to know if anyone had ever been cured by it.

'I was taking it on and off. But when I'd been having it three-to-five times a week, the scans were getting better and then when I stopped taking it the scans showed no change.

'At first I was only taking a tiny drop the size of about half a grain of rice.

'Sometimes it takes hours to kick in and sometimes it's straight away. You do get stoned and you get very tired. It made me want to sleep so I tend to just stay in bed when I've taken it.'

'I've beaten science'

Describing her miraculous discovery, Ms Smith said: 'It's impossible, but I've beaten science. My friends kept saying if anyone was going to beat it, it would be me, and I did - I'm still here.

'People are starting learn more about it now, it's what's keeping me here.

'When people are dying something needs to be done. I want to do everything I can to get it legalised for medicinal purposes in the UK.'

'I wouldn't be here now without it.'

A few days after learning she has nearly beaten the disease, Ms Smith discovered she won a competition she entered while 'high'.

She said: 'I would have been stoned in bed and I entered an ITV competition, it must have been a text to win one.

'I'd just got back from the trip when Loose Women phoned me to tell me I'd won £84,000 - I thought they were winding me up!'

After ticking everything off her bucket list after she received the terminal diagnosis, Ms Smith is unsure how to spend her prize money.

She said: 'I did everything I wanted to do. The money doesn't even feel real at the moment, it's just so surreal. It's been a whirlwind.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5489775/Woman-52-cured-terminal-cancer-cannabis-oil.html

Cannabis helped my own Mother during her last years, and she was able to come off most of the medication her doctor was prescribing her that was giving her stomach ulcers.......GN

How many of these fkin stories do we need before the world wakes up? I've lost two very close family members that I know this plant would have helped immensely, it's time to change the laws globally for good and mankind get our heads out the sand !! - Spread the word, hearing from someone you know is always more powerful than some online or news talking head...

Thanks Gypsy for sharing

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That's a great read, but I really hate that "beat science" line. No, you didn't maam. You beat some ignorant doctors who are living 50 years in the past, but to call that "beating science" is just wrong.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its a wonder that we even get to see these stories reported in publications such at The Daily Mail, and that's a good thing because it shows that even the gutter press is becoming more educated about how good cannabis actually is....when for decades they have been lambasting it with negativity and obvious propaganda.

the only problem I have with shit like this is we know that cbd and thc is straight up cancer meds, yet people still act baffled that it works. doctors are fucking ignorant and basically useless when it comes to shit like this. every time I read an article like this I lose a little more faith in the advancement of humanity

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Meanwhile I lost my oldest and bestest friend of 25 years in Florida with it's shitball scumbag evil politicians. He went from 280lbs to 130lbs when he died of prostate cancer and his lovely quasi-Asian wife told his doctor "he smokes marywanna and I afraid of him burning house down" so the surgeon did what he had to do to protect himself from lawsuits, he took him out of his home and sentenced him to death in a hospice ward who of course would not permit any cannabis.....evil mofo's and he died in extreme pain.

Nicho

Chemo.

Chemo.

“Ms Smith reluctantly took cannabis-based tablets, alongside chemotherapy...
We all know chemo' kills anyway, so why not try what you can..? Does it matter that you don't know 100% which saved you as long as you're saved..!?

therevverend

Veteran
The stuff about 'beating science' is ridiculous. Science isn't a game, it's observations about how the natural world works. Science continually improves because people are continually collecting data and observations. Science is simple to understand and it's disturbing how ignorant and skeptical people remain. It's why people giving polio vaccinations get beaten to death in Pakistan. Why the government censors research that shows a correlation between carbon emissions and climate change.

Unless you're doing research for a corporation or other biased government agency your chances of getting funding are low right now. It's a sad state of affairs with smart people who could be doing research saving peoples' lives not making enough $ to earn a living. Our society has strange priorities.

If the goal is to beat science do you lose every time your cell phone works, every time you fly on a plane and it doesn't crash?

Another thing I'm not getting is why people think doctors are opposed to cannabis. Some of the biggest advocates for cannabis legalization, at least in the US, have been doctors.

Doctors recommend cannabis all the time. My friend has cerebral palsy. His doctor tells him he can take a bunch of steroids, pain pills, and other drugs with nasty side effects. Or he can vaporize cannabis with the prescription the doctor gives him. Easy choice. My friend's neck was ganked in a car wreck. Same thing. Doctor gave him an easy choice. Use cannabis.

As far as beating science, the danger from articles like this is that people will stop going to their doctor when they get cancer, just smoke ganja and and lose to science. There usually isn't news stories about those people. That this one person who's cancer went into remission is newsworthy shows how miraculous it is. Of course this is in Britain where anything positive about cannabis is a good thing right now.

There's lots of good scientific evidence cannabis is effective at neutralizing types of cancers. What types of cancers? Why and when is it effective? What is the most effective way to administer it? We need answers to these questions that science needs to answer.

Unfortunately the politicians prefer to keep it Scheduled and out of the hands of researchers. At least this is changing in many states in the US and hopefully around the world.

dufous

It's not even known if the cancer would have killed her.

We all know chemo' kills anyway, so why not try what you can..? Does it matter that you don't know 100% which saved you as long as you're saved..!?

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Medicinal Cannabis

Medicinal Cannabis

Hi,
One of my closest friends Big Brian contracted a brain tumour and we all thought the worst. This was two years ago and he's been battling the horrendous side-effects ever since. The Docs prescribed the usual toxic cocktail of powerful chemicals but Brian became ever more sick and decided to kick the chems and just take cannabis oil. Not only the tumour but the chems were affecting his character dramatically and once he gave them up in favour of hash oil, he felt a lot better about himself and all his friends could see the change in him. We were all still really worried that he was taking a massive risk and the Doctors even told him that as he's stopped taking the tumour-shrinking drugs, they might not be able to operate. My mate Brian doesn't know how to quit and so he pressed on with self-medication, against all medical advice.

Three months ago when he went into hospital for an examination, they found his tumour had shrunk to a size they could remove and so they operated on him -successfully so far. He's currently recovering and I know it's hardly empirical evidence but I am amazed at the untapped promise of our venerated and adored Cannabis.

Peace and happy growing peeps,
Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Testimony from me.

My wife diagnosed with terminal stage 4 c cancer and the doctors said 6 months to live after 2 million in cancer therapy... surgeries...radiation

and extensive chemotherapy was told THERE IS NOTHING MORE WE CAN DO...

that was 11-30-2016.

Today.... alive with the latest news that 14 of the 16 tumors are GONE! yes 14...only 2 SHRINKING tumors are left and her calcitonin tests are below 49.

CBD 4500 MG and a drug called capralsa.

Thank God for the herb that bears seed he has given.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's amazing news Medfinder - congrats!
The sooner ALL the benefits of cannabis are fully explored and made available to everyone the better!
Stay safe brother.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
the only problem I have with shit like this is we know that cbd and thc is straight up cancer meds, yet people still act baffled that it works. doctors are fucking ignorant and basically useless when it comes to shit like this. every time I read an article like this I lose a little more faith in the advancement of humanity
I lost faith in humanity years ago :(

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Testimony from me.

My wife diagnosed with terminal stage 4 c cancer and the doctors said 6 months to live after 2 million in cancer therapy... surgeries...radiation

and extensive chemotherapy was told THERE IS NOTHING MORE WE CAN DO...

that was 11-30-2016.

Today.... alive with the latest news that 14 of the 16 tumors are GONE! yes 14...only 2 SHRINKING tumors are left and her calcitonin tests are below 49.

CBD 4500 MG and a drug called capralsa.

Thank God for the herb that bears seed he has given.
WTG :tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

PUZZLED

PUZZLED

“Ms Smith reluctantly took cannabis-based tablets, alongside chemotherapy...

Hello ... how did this member receive rep when he is, as is stated, 'banned'? there is even nowhere for him to receive rep that I can see!
He deserves rep ... just puzzled. Thanks ...

BerrySeal

She cured cancer with Korean hemp crude? Looks like the rest of us are out of jobs.

Or, it didn't do shit, an obvious coincidence, cuz people are dropping left and right off that black tar being sold as a cure.

How many dead aunts did you waste bullshit cbd pills on because it's illegal to grow your own? Fuck the brittish cbd retailer who bought that ad. Or are we all still living in fairytale land?

Cbd hype is a joke. Cbd patients are dying. Of cancer. Surprisingly.. I expected the black market pesticides would get them first!

Gry

I have clear cell, and cannabis has been a blessing in my life, but that story reads like a tribute to hack journalism. I am left disgusted.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
A new for of Brainlining THC is having more results!

Results have been published from only one small clinical trial testing whether cannabinoids can treat cancer in patients, led by Dr Manuel Guzman and his team in Spain. Nine people with advanced, incurable glioblastoma multiforme – the most aggressive brain tumour – were given highly purified THC through a tube directly into their brain.

This study showed that THC given in this way is safe and doesn’t seem to cause significant side effects, which suggests that cannabinoids could be worth pursuing in further clinical trials. trials are still ongoing... patients’ lives.

Results from the second trial have now been released. These showed that combining Sativex with the chemotherapy temozolomide increased the number of patients who were alive one year after their brain tumour came back from 53% to 83%. This was a small trial with 21 patients taking part, so larger clinical trials are needed to confirm what the benefits of Sativex might be, and which patients are most likely to respond to this combination of treatments.

https://scienceblog.cancerresearchu...-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/

Mi_Padre69

indeed she´s lucky!!!!
maybe she could use that money to make her own CBD oil enterprise and help others to get relief.