What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

HHILL

The purple stemmed AOF f2 showed up a lot for me too a couple years back. I concentrated on the floral citrus green stemmed one (Iranian pleno I think), now at f4.

The purple stemmed ones I gave to a friend and are similar to yours except they were not as fluffy. Good smoke for sure.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The purple stemmed AOF f2 showed up a lot for me too a couple years back. I concentrated on the floral citrus green stemmed one (Iranian pleno I think), now at f4.

The purple stemmed ones I gave to a friend and are similar to yours except they were not as fluffy. Good smoke for sure.

yes the purple stem trait seems to be fairly common in the Ancient OG. We had several purple-stemmed f2's but the one pictured above was the only one which had mainly chocolate/coffee dominant terpenes, without much sweetness.. Sort of like Dj SHort's Cocoa Kush. Our biggest plant this season was also a purple-stemmed AOG which yielded between 15-20 lbs and smells like sour candy, that is the one which we saved for breeding.

EasyGoing

Purple stems means she is a hog. Could be many different things, but purple stems usually means deficiency. I bet if you pumped that pheno hard with nutes, it might turn out even better. Looks amazing btw.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Purple stems means she is a hog. Could be many different things, but purple stems usually means deficiency. I bet if you pumped that pheno hard with nutes, it might turn out even better. Looks amazing btw.
i believe, as others have said, the purple stem is a genetic trait of the Snow Lotus male that bodhi used in the original cross. Some of our f2's displayed dark-puple stems from a very early age, and i tried to keep them well fed, including plenty of P when they were young. you could be right though. and thanks!

15-20lbs i want to see a pic bruh lol
its hard to get a good picture of a plant that big.. we actually had a few plants hit the 15lb mark.

it's the one on the right:
adXvA82l.jpg

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I smoke so many different strains all day long, it's hard to delineate the exact effects of anything specific. Everything we grow here is extremely potent, Therefore when evaluating strains i mostly focus on the flavor.

yep, that's the Sprite! that strain was our 2017 MVP.

I'd call it Pharaoh Lime

Pharaoh Lime it is then. :tiphat:

4dutchess

Nice job Shcrews!! Im in the valley and got Russets for the first time last year. I lost my yard grow but not the tent run. IPM!! Ive never run Bodhi before but instinct tells me their about the best breeder out there and I cant wait to buy seeds.
Do you know of any Bodhi strains NOT liked as much by the Russets? I grew some TGA Pergutorys last time and the mites loved them the best.
Im wondering if youve had Russet mite problems? They say the Gov. is spreading them on the freeways to control the bushes.
Home made Hot Pepper and Nuke Em is my IPM.
Your killing it dude!! 4D

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Nice job Shcrews!! Im in the valley and got Russets for the first time last year. I lost my yard grow but not the tent run. IPM!! Ive never run Bodhi before but instinct tells me their about the best breeder out there and I cant wait to buy seeds.
Do you know of any Bodhi strains NOT liked as much by the Russets? I grew some TGA Pergutorys last time and the mites loved them the best.
Im wondering if youve had Russet mite problems? They say the Gov. is spreading them on the freeways to control the bushes.
Home made Hot Pepper and Nuke Em is my IPM.
Your killing it dude!! 4D
2017 was the first year i ever saw them so yes lots of discussion about russet mites in this thread. We were able to salvage most of our crop with lots of hard work and persistence. They are tiny nasty fuckers and not very picky about which strains they go after. ...Like you said, IPM!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
lets see the 2018 spring prep wooot woot
I'm starting a 2018 thread tomorrow, on the first day of spring. we just planted our first round of seeds. but i still might put a few more 2017 pictures on this thread in the near future

4dutchess

I was told if theyre not there yet its cause there not there yet. No other reason. Ive had people say leave a plant for them. No! These Russets take all the fun out of it. Ive added an ISO spray to my IPM. 4-1 ratio. Works good.
have a great season

Latest posts

Latest posts