What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uruguay About to Fully Legalize Cannabis. For Real.

If you are worried about being in a database than stay in the black market.
As a disabled prop 215 patient I don't mess around with any card except the CA State Card run by our local county health department. I follow the rules regarding growing only for personal use and so far police leave me alone.
I'm happy some country has the courage to stand up to UN/USA Drug War and recognize cannabis is safer than most any other substance we ingest.

Marco61

gotta start somewhere ya little bitch
lol, whatever, call me names. Yea, you gotta start by washing out your filthy mouth.

I'd rather not start at all, than start with this clusterfuck of a deal. These quasi-legal systems people keep rolling out throughout the world are a real joke. They're going to harm more people in the long run and create a double standard for a small percentage to take advantage of. Most will be open to continued harassment, while a small percentage of people will be allowed to reap black market prices with immunity. Sounds like the cartels figured out how to socialize the costs and privatize the profits. Yeah add your name to a database thinking it will protect you from prosecution, then in 10 years when they decide to eliminate the immunity that database is where they will start looking for people to victimize. It is better to use your f-ing brain and not get caught, then be a dumbass thinking some database will protect you from the anti-drug crusaders.

Backyardbogfan : I have no intention to add myself to a hitlist and I have no intention to get involved in the black market either. BTW, your dispensaries are part of the black market, as growers supplying them routinely ship surplus off to states that still have marijuana criminalized and from what I can tell the dispensaries are charging black market prices. So not only do you pay full price, but now the government knows you are.