What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rat posion used in outdoor grows may be killing th owls

AriesXX

I bet the rat poison is also being absorbed by the plants.. one more reason not to buy cartel weed grown on federal land. Shop local B)

Jhhnn

Veteran
Meh. The authoritarian right is desperate for support wrt their failing anti-MJ campaign, and they'll even seek it from people they despise & ridicule, environmentalists.

If pot were legal, there wouldn't be any guerrilla grows in remote forest lands. It'd be grown openly in prime agricultural areas.

It's similar to the marijuana as a gateway drug argument. It's not a gateway, you just have to get it through the same gateway as hard drugs. So let's keep it illegal, maintain that gateway association, and to make sure that environmental damage from guerrilla grows continues.

Authoritarian propaganda teaches you to think that circular reasoning is reasoning, and it works all too often.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Propaganda and media scare tactics. Sure maybe this has happened before. I know lots of growers and even the most irresponsible ones I know would never be the cause of stuff like this.
Every topic in the world has negative things people can say about it. Doesn't mean it's usual or common.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is truly a sad state of affairs.. How dense are people.. Greed makes good people do bad things more than some people care to open their eyes too...

It has been happening more and more the last 2 years here in California...
This is why northern cali is quickly losing respect as a leaders for allowing not only the Mexican and Russian cartels come in a rape our lands yet our own kids are using the same greedy tactics to try and control nature...

Well, its their economy that's taking a hit for being blind...
lbs go for as low as $800 and its not going to get any better for nor cal till they wake up and do the right thing...

Take our forest back...

How.... Is not my problem... They let it happen, they need to come up with the solution...

Ever hear of community watch ?

What ever happen to the 3 for 1 rule..
Plant one for the critters, one for the cops and one to harvest...

Greed is what happened and its up to the locals not the LEO to save our forest...

This subject just eats me up... Some growers deserve to be put away and taken out of the game...

No mercy for greedy fools willing to kill my kids forest for a quick buck...

Of course this is just my opinion... Take it as ya like...

Peace....:ying:

cutant

The most common rat poison is warfarin. That can easily kill other animals especially if these are rat predators. The poison will just accumulate. But finding it way into plants and killing them - that is stretching the imagination. Warfarin is too big a molecule to be absorbed and besides its killing effect works in animals and man only.

MJBadger

Veteran
Rat poisons will kill owls & foxes , they have done for many a year & unfortunately it won`t stop .

Are you after free advertising justasad ? coz I see no relevance to this thread .

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eh if you think poisoning the ecosystem to grow a plant is ok yer no better than Monsanto.

grower_27

Anytime a poison is placed in an area where wildlife may snoop at it and injest then you are going to have problem with animals getn sick and they are possibly going to die. Poison is notthe answer anyways. Owls likemice, snakes like mice so really there is plenty predators available. If mice become a problem let a black snake loose in the area.

MarshalHaze

Yet another reason to move towards organics, the same nutritional value whilst giving better tasting weed and don't damage the ecosystem