Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Soma Seeds > Soma check ur mailbox

Thread Title Search
Soma check ur mailbox Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2007, 03:43 AM #1
Yak

Yak is on a distinguished road
Soma check ur mailbox

Hey soma, I am from a different forum and just registered here to speak with you. I sent you an email at somaseeds.nl and have not heard a reply yet. It has been a few days and I was not allowed to create threads until tonight when my count was validated. I purchased rock bud from seedbay june 10th and recieved them around the 20th. I germed 5 at first and out of those five only one cracked within 48 hours. I plopped the remianing 5 into the cup of water and within 48 hours only 2 more popped for a total of 3. Out of those 3 I placed one in organic soil/perlite and the other 2 in rockwool with a clear dome over top to keep them nice and humid. None of the three planted sprouted. I recieved 10 great annaC burmese kush beans, and out of the 5 placed in water 4 germed within 48 hours and all 4 sprouted. Im not asking for anything from you as buying seeds are as risky as buying a live dog, its a danger to keep anything alive for stocked periods of time. I just wanted to let you know that this was happening and give you feedback. I was really looking forward to getting the rock bud, even after I read some of the threads on here I still purchased them. I would have even taken a male to pollinate but unfortently thats not a course of action. I am a small time grower only growing formyself and my friends that I give too which is why I went with a high quality less than optimal yeild plant. Thank you soma for taking the time to read this and please keep in mind im not asking for anything other than a response.

Thank you soma and best wishes

I forgot to add, they were germed in a glass of water

Yak
Yak is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 PM #2
Soma

Soma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura about
SB

I am getting with Gypsy this week.........Peace Soma

Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 AM #3
Yak

thank you soma!
Yak is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 PM #4
Goyakla

Goyakla has a spectacular aura aboutGoyakla has a spectacular aura aboutGoyakla has a spectacular aura aboutGoyakla has a spectacular aura aboutGoyakla has a spectacular aura about
U are not the only one with bad germ rates here.
A lot of growers have given up - completly ... way to many bad seeds here.
Goyakla is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 05:39 AM #5
Yak

unfortently that is holding true. Soma will do what he can to fix it, he is a good guy. Many times this isnt the breeders fault but possibly just old seeds. I must have gotten a bad batch because 3 of mine that did split died before sprouting out of their respected mediums.
Yak is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM #6
Soma

Soma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura aboutSoma has a spectacular aura about
GIVING UP COMPLETELY

Holy Shit.........even when I had OPEN-HEART surgery I never gave up completely................Goya kla...............show us some pics of at least something you never gave up on completely..........and what strains were they the you completely GAVE UP on.........since I have NEVER heard of you why did you not ask for help...........before GIVING UP COMPLETELY..........let me ask .......have you ever gave up completely before this??..........I will gladly help if you became more easy to COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND .....................Peace Soma

Old 07-13-2007, 10:42 PM #7
Yak

mm soma that bud looks delicious!
Yak is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2007, 11:33 PM #8

Soma, those leaves don't look that healthy in the pic; almost as though you neemed them and then the lights burnt them!! I'm no expert like you, but I have to commend you on making the thinnest book for the highest dollar value. One could gain all the insight you show in your book over a dinner out! Your lavender proves inferior to the purple strains out of California and your diesel cross is the poorest example of a real diesel strain. Just my opinion, you sound like your heart is in the right place but also that you have some old, old mother plants you use in your breeding....i've had countless friends with bad results from your seeds, concentrate on less, better strains versus putting out a zoo of product. Again my opinion.

Thanks for keeping up the fight Soma!

Old 07-14-2007, 11:38 PM #9

Hey Yak what part about old seeds is not the breeders fauLt?? Soma should have extensive quality control and germ testing done to every batch produced. He is the only one to blame for old seeds as He should give away old seeds marked "old seeds" as FREEBIES And keep his stock current and fresh!! Not like he charges anything affordable, his prices seem inclusive to have amazing q.c. and the freshest, most reliable germination rates one should find in cannabis seeds!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 AM #10
Yak

hey soma, I was wondering if you had gotten to talk to gypsy yet?

Yak
Yak is offline Quote