What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica?

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100% cbg. The lemon-aid pheno of my fruity pebbles og is 3 to one cbg vs most strains. The cereal milk pheno 2 to 1. People love the lemonaid and cereal being my fave I figured it out once someone tested it.

mm

revegeta666

100% cbg. The lemon-aid pheno of my fruity pebbles og is 3 to one cbg vs most strains. The cereal milk pheno 2 to 1. People love the lemonaid and cereal being my fave I figured it out once someone tested it.

mm
Ok thank you for letting me know, I will get up to date on the cbg stuff and might pick something up for 4/20.

Have you grown out the MLI recently? Ive been eyeing this strain for a while but i read such mixed reviews about sensi, how theyre not what they use to be. But it sounds like a stellar indica from the old journals ive read
No, i just grew it in 2019 and then just grew the keeper from then on.

LostTribe

Premium user
I scoff at lab test results especially those high in THC. I never get as high off of strains listed with 28%+ compared to the IBL varieties of old. High lab tests just scream watered down boof to me. Wedding cake is one I like but it is not even that strong at least for me. I also have a high tolerance even though I mostly smoke onies or small chillums, maybe a couple joints during the week.

That is def an NLD indica. I also like CBG and was told that it was helpful with pain.

CharlesU Farley

THC levels are bogus. THCA converts to THC when heated. The THC % will change from day to day.
From a post I did in another thread today, that is relevant to this one:

"Notice what I didn’t ask about? THC percentages, THC/CBD ratios, terpene profile, etc. You want to know why? It’s because they just don’t matter, at least to me. When someone can logically explain to me how you can test x _grams_ of buds to determine those numbers for a harvest/product that is measured in multi, _kilo_ grams. There’s no way in Hell a couple of grams of bud, picked from, as John used to say to Paul, “the topper most of the popper most” of a plant and have it be representative of the _entire_ plant, much less the entire _harvest_ measured in hundreds of kilograms."

The numbers are used essentially for pure marketing, almost no real world significance, at least imnsho.

Med-man, since you're active in this thread, I'd like to see what _your_ answers would be in the thread "how to get cannabis to do what you want it to do.

OleReynard

A couple of fannys off from some Maple Leafs.
Got these little over 10 years ago, most trichomed fan leaves I've seen in a minute
20231023_135314.jpg
20231023_135039.jpg

G.O. Joe

Veteran
This thread is one of many focused on mythologies, as buying or not buying an offering seems to be totally dependent on the prevailing story, from those who love promoting stories to those who are looking for a new religion. I want to believe too, but my experience forces preaching seed atheism.

My pack and its descendants didn't have narrow leaves or frostiness. It was notable for meh potency and low odor inoffensiveness, tallness for such a medium to fat-leafed variety - leaves becoming narrower with age or perhaps HPS - and appearing to be selected only for a large number of long stigmas, which revegeta666's plant does appear to have. For this last reason the weight was less than buds of that size should be, and was worthless for dry sift for me, as the bracts were tiny and buds mostly leafless.

If it was fire, wouldn't it cost more and everyone would be growing it. That said, for a low cost Sensi option the even less popular on the internet Shiva Skunk - alleged NL5 x Skunk1, a real classic in the bygone days of yesteryear - was better in most ways.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

"Notice what I didn’t ask about? THC percentages, THC/CBD ratios, terpene profile, etc. You want to know why? It’s because they just don’t matter, at least to me. When someone can logically explain to me how you can test x _grams_ of buds to determine those numbers for a harvest/product that is measured in multi, _kilo_ grams. There’s no way in Hell a couple of grams of bud, picked from, as John used to say to Paul, “the topper most of the popper most” of a plant and have it be representative of the _entire_ plant, much less the entire _harvest_ measured in hundreds of kilograms."

The numbers are used essentially for pure marketing, almost no real world significance, at least imnsho.

Med-man, since you're active in this thread, I'd like to see what _your_ answers would be in the thread "how to get cannabis to do what you want it to do.
I agree for the most part. The person growing doesn't get to pick the samples for testing. In Cali, the lab will take random samples for ea lot grown. At best it tells them how much THCA has been converted when tested. Cannabis has hundreds of different Cannabinoids. For me, the Chemotype is what I'm looking for. A plant with the right chemical makeup that tests a low THC% can be better than a plant with high THC% and a crappy chemotype. The high tells us all we need to know.

LostTribe

Premium user
This thread is one of many focused on mythologies, as buying or not buying an offering seems to be totally dependent on the prevailing story, from those who love promoting stories to those who are looking for a new religion. I want to believe too, but my experience forces preaching seed atheism.

My pack and its descendants didn't have narrow leaves or frostiness. It was notable for meh potency and low odor inoffensiveness, tallness for such a medium to fat-leafed variety - leaves becoming narrower with age or perhaps HPS - and appearing to be selected only for a large number of long stigmas, which revegeta666's plant does appear to have. For this last reason the weight was less than buds of that size should be, and was worthless for dry sift for me, as the bracts were tiny and buds mostly leafless.

If it was fire, wouldn't it cost more and everyone would be growing it. That said, for a low cost Sensi option the even less popular on the internet Shiva Skunk - alleged NL5 x Skunk1, a real classic in the bygone days of yesteryear - was better in most ways.
Thank you for your more than fair report. Yes agree that SS older lines were much less refined as todays. Also know my buddy had more narrow leaved MLI from old stock that was a thinner budset as well, that one had very white resin and was of a bit different flavor than the thicker more syrupy buds. I did try to get another pack if you are referring to me, but the order never made it.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hey c

Do you have a link?

Latest posts

Latest posts