What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC Case Growers Club

G

highonthechroni said:
LOL :D

Methinks he was referring to the strain called Lowrider :yes:

i know i was trying to be funny...trying

Last edited:
G

Its not a pc case, but its the same dimensions as one. Its a pc case case :dance:

Will have another one up shortly to house a mommy or 2.

stevr59

man ain't they so cute :moon: they look like lil Easy Bake Ovens. come on boys be a man build a real grow box. only thing i see they are good for is cooking cookies lol or a mother box or seeds starts. but really how much yield you guys pulling hell time you spent the money to build the thing it would dam near cost you about the same to build a bigger box. but any ways i am just poking a lil fun at ya :pointlaug was thinking of building me one to keep my moms in. so boys show what ya can do with them and make me eat my word's . :chin:
peace from North West Florida

G

mine is a mother box, you will be surprised by some of the ingenuity here

b10narybud

well, i'll take it as a challenge....were gonna make you eat those words...and dont forget..were gonna lace it with tabasco before we shove them back down your throat!!!!

HeHeHe....

Just keep a watching, and well show you why we do it! May not be as good, but when space and stealth is an issue, its one of the best!

stevr59

b10narybud said:
well, i'll take it as a challenge....were gonna make you eat those words...and dont forget..were gonna lace it with tabasco before we shove them back down your throat!!!!

HeHeHe....

Just keep a watching, and well show you why we do it! May not be as good, but when space and stealth is an issue, its one of the best!
:yoinks: Ok show me what ya got and just my luck i hate tabasco

b10narybud

Yeah, I got a carbon scrubber on mine. You can see it in the pics of the black carbon matte. I don't need to know how to make one anymore, I just want to get you guys postin up your methods.

mine:

*edit*
i dont need 2 pics of the same thing on the same page......its better explained below

Last edited:
G

hey b10nary, is that just a carbon cloth or is there actived carbon in there behind it, looks very small, compact and easy to make

G

The key for odor control is surface area. The more surface area to push are through - the more effective it will be in controlling odors. Notice that the most effective scrubbers are round :sasmokin: :sasmokin:

b10narybud

Ok. Heres the rundown on mine.

Air goes in through the intake vent and through 1 layer of carbon fiber. This is mainly used to keep the light from seeping out the intake. No purpose other than that. Then the air is flowed through teh front, accross my plants, and into the carbon filter...

seen here..

This also doubles as my cool tube for my CFL's. This is all made of plexiglass. I cut a big square hole in the end of my cool tube and put 1 layer of carbon matt. I then taped and sealed that to the plexi. THen, i ripped a shitload of matt apart in pieces (increasing surface area, airflow, and breaking it up) Put this massive pile ontop of the 1st layer and then sandwhiched another unbroken cut piece on top of it. Think of it as a CARBON FIBER SANDWHICH. I then securely taped that layer on top. So, I have 1 layer, a shitload of pieces, and onther layer.. This keeps it very clean looking and compact while giving me lots of carbon. it then goes up the cooltube....all the way to the front of the computer again....(this cools the top piece of plexiglass as well)..then it loops around, and goes through my CFL's, and back to the rear of the computer. This has now effectively cooled the plexiglass, and my 131 watts of CFL (5 of them). It then exits from the rear of the computer through another piece of carbon fiber matt which is screwed to the intake of my exaust fan. This doubles as more odor control...and stops light from exiting the rear of the computer when its turned on.

This is the cooltube

This is the exaust fan.

this effectively lets me run my computer without any light traps so nothing looks abnormal at all. This is what my computer looks like WHILE RUNNING! No light leaks..and good airflow...keeping it at 77-82 degrees constantly.

Latest posts

Latest posts