What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Govt vs GW Pharamceuticals in Medical Cannabis Patent Law Showdown

therevverend

Veteran
This is from last month but it's interesting and relevant. Medical cannabis has been legitimized by the World Health Organization. Formerly anti-cannabis governments that have been prohibition hard liners despite cannabis being an integral part of their country's culture are struggling to re-classify cannabis.

The demands of the drug manufacturers from 1st world countries to patent their latest concoctions vs corrupt 3rd world governments trying to keep control of the drugs they've been profiting off of through prohibition and dealing on the side. I'm curious for thoughts on this.

https://www.voanews.com/a/thai-pot-patent-furore/4743613.html

I've been alluding to this stuff in other threads how it's a Wild West, grab the CBD profits while you can type situation in 3rd world countries across Asia and Africa. It's not only CBD but other cannabinoids and terpenes, THC included. It's high stakes money/power politics right now.

I like how they show the confiscated cannabis they're going to turn around and sell as legitimate medical cannabis. They don't have to hide it anymore!

Latest posts

Latest posts