What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cusping the colas

Have you ever seen this? All the leaves on top of the colas are like cusping pointing upwards. What is this? Like they are trying to communicate something. Never seen it before.... :dunno:

F

Frylock

I think leaves pointing up is a sign that they are happy.... but i'm not sure if i'm just 100% wrong :)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Seem way too far to be light burn, but that link mentions You also might see it in high heat or very low humidity levels. I've had hella humidity problems this winter with it being so damn low, but nothing with praying leaves. I'm seeing people say the leaves like that are good, and others say it's bad. I honestly don't know. They look happy to me though.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Is it possible ypur mediums pH has risen?

Ive only ever seen quite extreme praying during stress, or when something was going wrong. My best plants have all had nice basically level leaves that are happy at 90°-110° from the stem..

Are they drinking at the same rate or slowing?

Certainly look locked out to me yellowing the way they are and id guess micro nute deficiency, iron or zinc or something..

Are they drinking at the same rate or slowing?

Certainly look locked out to me yellowing the way they are and id guess micro nute deficiency, iron or zinc or something..

Yes the water/feed uptake is the same across the strains. I water every 3 days just until I see a little run off.

Well, this grow has had me scratching my head because I am growing 5 different strains and the yellowing is only happening to mainly 3 of the strains. The Cusping is only prevalent in 1 strain which is the picture I posted and it is Skunk #1. The other 2 strains are yellowing but not cusping and the other 2 strains look perfectly fine which are showing a little yellowing but for this stage in flower I think it is normal as I am starting into the 6th week of flower. Here is a thread I started to get some help if you want to take a look.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=359744

Also: What got me thinking from other research was that maybe I have just been underfeeding. This could be true because what I did was I took a soil sample from about 1/2 way down one of the plants(Skunk#1) the one cusping and I mixed it with with tap water Phd it down to 7 (neutral) I let the soil settle to the bottom waiting about 30 minutes and then I did a reading with my TDS and Ph meters and it gave me a PH 0f 6.9 and a reading of 335 PPM so my tap water has a PPM reading of about 130 and it is my understanding you use that as your base line and if that is the case wouldn't that mean my actual nutrients in the soil reading would be 335-130 giving me 205 PPM? And in fact IF this is correct regarding the formula taking the PPM times two and dividing by 1000, that would give me an EC of .41 which would be low even for seedlings. So the yellowing of these plants may be that they are screaming for food.

So, instead of tap water I fed them 950 ppm starting with a base of 0 ppm RO water or an EC of 1.9 which recommended feeding for this stage of flower in ppm is anywhere from 900-1100 or an EC of 1.2 to 2. All the 5 strains started off in the exact same medium same environment same feeding. Same Everything! Temps are a consistent 75 degrees with a humidity in the 40% to 50% range which is idea for flower.

My last grow (all different strains) I used the same exact medium and same process and never experienced anything negative. It was a perfect grow seed to harvest.

Maybe it is a strain thing this go around because it's not happening to all the strains. I am clueless on this one. Can you or anyone crack the code because this one Has me stumped!

Thanks

Last edited:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Id say they are bleaching due to the light only because the pH is out and an immobile nutrient(or more likely nutrients) has been unavailable for too long, leading to other deficiencies possibly macro as different elements facilitate the uptake of each other.

If you've under fed them then the build up of extra buffering elements in your water plus the lack of acidic nutes and your pH may have been too high too long..

Different genetics hack this stress to different extents but its always bad.. aim to keep below 6.5pH..