What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S1 Pheno hunting with Chem 91 Skunk VA

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I’m running six csihumboldt 91s1

They are known to be extremely nute sensitive. I’m running them in coco right now and will eventually put them in a flood system.

Out of the six plants 3/6 have burned tips after adding a super low dose of nutes.
My question is what does this say about the three that are burned? Are they more likely to be 91 leaning?

Good to know.

Just got a pack of these myself.

Will be starting them soon.:tiphat:

CrushnYuba

Confirmed on the nutrient/light sensitivity! The CD91 clone has always performed best for me when receiving indirect light and in many ways her selfed offspring appear no different. Beyond this, I think Nspecta may be onto something when he hypothesized the CD91 may be an S1 itself...

-Kanza
]

I remember chemdog saying the 91 had to be "rejuvenated" back in the day because it was tired and had to much stress. I Think what he meant by that was s1s were made and the 91 is a s1.

CrushnYuba

I googled "chemdog rejuvinate". I found this on another forum

The skunk va cut is just my origianl 91 chem which guys this Aug will be 20 years old thank god i started those beans i knew that herb was special and knew i had something awesome....BTW i had to rejuvenate it in 1994 and the other day my buddy pulled out 4 beans he had from the 91 when we rejuvenated it in 1994 and we are going to start those 91 chemdog S1 hope they are something good...CD

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
The 91skva is the original seed pop. Chem doesn’t really speak in technical garden terms. And by that time the cut was already out in 1994. He was saying he personally had to do whatever it was to bring it back. I assume he just did a reveg. He wasn’t the most technical grower. Just a deadhead that loved killer weed.

Good ole dog kept it safe and healthy on the west coast in Sonoma county since the mid 90s. And I’m sure chem got the cut back from good ole dog in the mid 90s after connecting on overgrow. Chem lost it for a while. I’m sure he kept good ole dogs cut around.

nickman

Veteran
Nspecta’s Snausages (OG Kush x Chem91) #3...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

#1 and #2...
picture.php
picture.php

All at 8 weeks...

I think that the #3 plant resembles the Chem91 the most in appearance with the dark green leathery fan leaves and the buds are almost white looking...!!!... ive read that those are traits of the 91 ???

Chappi

Yo nickman how much of a stretch did you get in those? Anyone know how mich of a stretch to expect on the 91?