What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need help with H3ads 6/9 at 3 weeks

King Loki

hey guys, I'm struggling a bit trying to get the 6/9 set up to work on my 3-week old plants I was at a quarter strength with a bit of calmag (1.5/2.25 per gallon) and I got nitrogen deficiencies so I Up'ed the formula to 50% and went 3/4.5 a gallon and got nitrogen toxicity

should I maybe try a 1/3 strength and see how they go at 2/3 per gallon ?? seems like the only choice ...

or should I just shoot for an actual ppm and not worry about the amounts as long as the ratios are right?

Attachments

• 20190211_123750.jpg
    20190211_123750.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190214_201818.jpg
    20190214_201818.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 25

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Maybe more information is needed newbie.. what are you doing with 6/9?? Dont get me wrong and it could be some type new lighting set up I havent heard of... I get stuck at 18on 6off. I have know of some that do 9on, 3off and nine on, three off for veg. not sure what ure trying to accomplish. Veg? Bloom? light size? strain?
Info in before info out. Otherwise we'd be guessing, just like you are.

King Loki

I'm using 18/6 and they are in veg atm only 3 weeks old, my light is a 450w led and I have them sitting at perfect par for veg at around 700 PAR

strain is indica photos, they were given to me by a mate for my first grow because i assumed i would fk it up haha so not 100% on the exact strain

R

Rab.C

hey king loki i think your plant looks good is 6/9 the lucas formula i would pick an ec and give em enough water for size of roots they have and do wet dry cycle until there big enough
best of luck with your grow

R

Rab.C

is there a good way to know how big their roots are ??
i give mine a little water then when dry-ish i water again if there taking
3 days too dry give em less water next feed.its been working for me
or pot up in stages i do this

R

Rab.C

king loki your worrying too much that plant looks great. your going too love that plant too death.

CoCo_LoCo

Hi King Loki

You can drop the micro for strains that are sensitive to nitrogen.

I had a strain that was very sensitive to N, i gave her 4/9 and she loved it.