What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Asking about my living room ventilation problem

I have my growing tent in living room. If living room's door is open, there is no issue that rooms windows start to get fog (affected by humidity).

If the door is closed, then there is the fogging window issue.

And there is a little air leak in my tent too. When I come to vestibule when the door has been open, then I smell the smell of cannabis like 1 seconds.
Could this be very bad issue?

When I try to hold hands at communicting door I feel the airflow coming from the staircase. Does this mean there is no smell of cannabis in starcase?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
As to your question about the smell, here is my response: if you are trying to contain the smell of the garden to the room where the tent is, then that room needs to be completely sealed. Completely. And then you would have to run a CO2 generator or tank. So it doesn't matter whether your garden can be smelled from the vestibule but not the staircase, or whatever... If you are concerned about smell *at all* then you need to seal the room or you need to run a carbon filter, immediately.

Smell is the number two most common reason for getting busted.

If you are concerned about smell *at all* then you need to seal the room or you need to run a carbon filter, immediately.
I have carbon filter already in the tent. CAN 250m3/h.

A calbon filter is at high inside tent. Carbon filter is connected to a channel fan (is it a thing?). But the connection is made by masking tape.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you vent the tent to outside? It would give the living room negative pressure.

Good duct tape can't be beat.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
If you're smelling it at all outside of the tent then something is wrong.

Are you pushing through it or pulling through it? Does the tent show negative pressure when everything is running? Is the filter matched properly with the speed of the fan?

One thing that comes to mind is that you said it's on full speed... That might be too fast. Carbon filters work better when air moves slowly through them. I know on my tents I always have speed controllers and slow the fans down to usually 10-25%.