What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pruning lower branches 2 weeks in to flower

R

Rab.C

Sup icmag here is a pic of my plants there 2 weeks into flower
thing is i wanted too strip some lower branches but am i too late
if i strip will they hermi sorry for the noob question this is my first
grow thanks in advance...also i wanted a cpl of clones but every
branch has pistils this is a pic from a week ago

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should be fine.

If you're worried about causing the plant to herm then keep an eye on her until your satisfied. But I've never heard of pruning causing that much stress.

T

Teddybrae

Good to prune off the bottom ones to improve air flow. Flowering has begun for me too and soon there will be a substantial prune to help avoid mould.

Oldyoungrower93

I usually lollipop" the lower-most branches all the way up to the main tip of each branch up to about the 6th or 8th node, I always look at it like there is the same rootmass and lesser vegetation so the plant yields better if pruned at the right time 2-3 weeks flowering most strains.

Good to prune off the bottom ones to improve air flow. Flowering has begun for me too and soon there will be a substantial prune to help avoid mould.

This is definitely the most important reason to prune the bottom leaves. It also helps stop pests from breeding close to the soil.