What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE Seeds 2019

CowboyTed

I'm lately having difficulties to moderate frequently and to keep all the threads updated here in our room, due to the constant increase of work, health problems and family responsibilities. So i seek your understanding in case i delay in the reply to some of your comments.

Lo siento mucho, Amigo.

Take care of yourself, and your family, for as long as it takes. Your input is a significant part of what this room great, but we can get along happily without you for as long as you need. Knowing a friend is busy taking care of what's important, we can all understand your absence.

nldfarmer

"but if you ask me, i would like to focus more in the upcoming months on the reproduction of old landraces not explored yet, which are waiting their turn in our preservation fridge to be reproduced."

Would you care to share what those landscapes are called?

No rush Dubi but I'd be curious about these new landraces also, I'm pretty close to ordering and this gave me a bit of pause.

White Beard

The Killer A5 Haze went quick - any chance of more seeds coming to replenish stock?

I’ve been enjoying wandering through your catalog. Good stuff, I want! Thanks!

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello, I just noticed zamaldelica auto in the list i & d, some precious info about it ??

Last edited:

Red Doberman

G'day guys, my first post here, I have a couple of questions to Dubi. I'm very curious if Ace still have anymore of those square black folding packs (with Spanish writing inside) I really like the design of the Panama with red strips on the top and bottom, I see the new ones are good too, my order of seeds came only in those plastic deal bags, so was wondering next time I order if it's possible to get the souvenir folding thing as well. And finally, just wondering if you have a rough estimate on the THC content of male Panama plants, I'm really looking at low thc sativas, the 20+ strains are way too freaky for me :) Cheers mate.

Koondense

Veteran
Panama is not a low thc sativa ;)
Maybe you mean a not so energetic, more easy going sativa? Try nepal jam or its hybrids.

Cheers

Red Doberman

Hi Koondense, that's why I asked about the male plant ( typically below 1%) easy enough to pick out the male seeds I suppose. I had grown thin narrow leaf sativa's in Australia back in 1991, no idea what strain but they were a joy, gigly, no rapid heart pounding stuff, the kind of weed I hear people in the 70s had, old mexican brick weed (oaxaca ??) I'm very careful as I'm prone to panic, ate too much of a cbd critical cure strain and that caused a sh*tstorm. Anyway hoping to see if Dubi might shed some light on this. Cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Dubi, I hope you are feeling better. Nothing we do happens without you my friend. Take all the time you need to heal. You have a great extended family in this forum. Prayers and love for you brother.
Peace

CowboyTed

going to grow them outdoor full term in mendocino. We use 600 gal smart boxes.
I'll also take some cuts and dep some too

Ha! I'll quit calling mine "monsters" since you're starting with three times the soil I am! My monsters may look a bit pathetic, next to yours, down in dope growers wonderland.

If you need to worry about using light deprivation in Mendocino County to make sure your Malawis finish, imagine the heroics I'll need to exercise near Denver, but 1000 feet higher!

These are first world problems, of course, but my dope gets snowed on:

picture.php

herbgreen

Veteran
whole new meaning to fresh frozen.....

have seen pics of mazar-i-sharif the giant afghanis surviving snow

CowboyTed

whole new meaning to fresh frozen.....

have seen pics of mazar-i-sharif the giant afghanis surviving snow

This was no Afghani, just some unknown polyhybrid a local dispensary sold me, but it survived the snow just fine too. It was my first grow. The bud was not particularly appealing in terms of aroma or flavor, but it produced plenty of bud, with plenty of THC, and it makes fine edibles. I just enjoyed a couple cookies made from it.

Right after taking that photo in the snow, I cut the stem, shook off the snow, and carried the plant inside to hang. I wish I had another couple weeks to let it mature, though. I'm curious if the aroma would have become any more interesting.

I have lots to learn.

What a great photo! sad and amazing at the same time... We've grown Sour d into november before and it can get a bit nerve wracking with the rain. Usually we get a storm or two in October, and the plants seem to like it, although if the storm is longer than a couple of days one has to worry. So we'll see with the malawis

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks friends for all your well wishes and for your interest in our new 2019 releases. :huggg: As long as life and energies allow it, we will continue expanding in the upcoming months the reproduction and preservation of new (old) landraces not explored yet, and other interesting breeding projects as well.

The list of landrace genetics that remain unexplored in our preservation fridge is so long that i would need to write a book just to list them. I will keep you informed about our latest progresses on new landrace reproductions as long as we progress on ongoing projects, rather than talk about things that have not started yet.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
For those inquiring about Killer A5 Haze re stock:

The Killer A5 Haze stock has been sold out, we only had a few dozens of packs from this first batch of seeds produced, and the demand has been so high that it has been sold out in less than 2 weeks at the beginning of the year.

We have saved just a few packs to offer them in person to growers in the upcoming Spannabis fair in March in Barcelona.

The good news is that we are in the process of producing more stock, so if everything goes well Killer A5 Haze will be back in stock around second half of 2019.

Thank you all for your interest :wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just a small question. Why are you hybrizing Malawi? Do you see how you are not improving it? Do you, like a well known dutch breeder DOES NOT, see how you are stepping on the species? "Improvements" may not be improvements.

Just a small question from someone who doesn't want to see land races disappear for corporate greed like we see in Holland.

First of all, i'm not Dutch (and there's nothing bad to be dutch or from any other country).

Our Malawi was first released in pure form in both regular and feminized format. I have been breeding and improving her in pure form a lot until she reached its current genetic state (P4, 4 generations). Our Malawi is probably the current standard for the most powerful and consistent Malawi sativa genetics currently available on the market, as the results from growers from all around the world have demonstrated here and in other places since 2014, when i finished the latest and biggest improvement on the strain, and since then i left the work with pure Malawi at that point, as i'm really happy with her current state of quality and consistency.

After Malawi was preserved, refined and released in pure form (growers can even access to our Malawi Breeders Packs which contain all our best pure Malawi lines) only then we started producing Malawi hybrids. That's the job of a breeder: improve and refine the inbred lines he/she works with, and next learn as much as possible how the best traits of these inbred lines perform best in outcrosses with other strains.

I would appreciate you do your own deep and proper research before accusing others for not doing what do you think is right or not.

Latest posts

Latest posts