What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kevin Jodrey & "Scrubbing" Clones of viruses

LostTribe

Premium user
I don't know if it was the same video, but he was talking about cleaning up cookiefams genetics, sherbinski was who he mentioned I think.

Perhaps the old story, "my cut has a virus, should I burn it?" Will be easy to answer soon.:biggrin:

Kevin's videos are an amazing resource. Ten years ago I visited his shop and he was really helpful and answered all my questions and his flower room was just amazing. I've never seen anything like it in person again. (Chaco's was close.)

They had the best prices in the state for flower at their dispensary too.
Very compassionate dude.

Seems like a real down to earth and most knowledgeable and respectful dude. In one vid he mentions giving away a bunch of things to CBD for free before regulations forced them to stop.

He had the SFV listed on the tissue culture info last time I checked.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kevin is cool. I try to chat with him as much as possible without pestering him..

What I don't get tho is for somebody who has access to everything @ his fingertips how come everybody else is producing the new elites & why is he more concerned with production methodology than using the way he selects males etc etc to come 1st in one of these cups with his own strains.. I suppose the recognition from all these newcomers is where the game is really @ & with the respect & the knowledge passed on you will be looked after, perhaps it is more important than some Fad Hype snip of Berners that is part of one of his long lost blackmarket operations..

There are loads of good speakers.. Amazing farmers & folks in the cannabis movement but he just has the gift the gab as far as lecturer goes..

If your interested in other great speakers check out Hash church 2.0 Episode 2 with Josh & Kelly from DEM with Jeff Lowenfells, Swami, Jessse & others. It's time to get regenerative about out cannabis hobbies..

It's nearly 4 hours & they talk testing, how to beat testing, the specific microbes you need to culture to pass the new testing & how these viruses can effect you or your plants.

Kevin has made me progress rapidly with his hints & tips. What a guy I would verymuch like to smoke a fatty of my home grown heads with Kev @ the Emerald this year if it all works out..

LostTribe

Premium user
Kevin is cool. I try to chat with him as much as possible without pestering him..

What I don't get tho is for somebody who has access to everything @ his fingertips how come everybody else is producing the new elites & why is he more concerned with production methodology than using the way he selects males etc etc to come 1st in one of these cups with his own strains.. I suppose the recognition from all these newcomers is where the game is really @ & with the respect & the knowledge passed on you will be looked after, perhaps it is more important than some Fad Hype snip of Berners that is part of one of his long lost blackmarket operations..

There are loads of good speakers.. Amazing farmers & folks in the cannabis movement but he just has the gift the gab as far as lecturer goes..

If your interested in other great speakers check out Hash church 2.0 Episode 2 with Josh & Kelly from DEM with Jeff Lowenfells, Swami, Jessse & others. It's time to get regenerative about out cannabis hobbies..

It's nearly 4 hours & they talk testing, how to beat testing, the specific microbes you need to culture to pass the new testing & how these viruses can effect you or your plants.

Kevin has made me progress rapidly with his hints & tips. What a guy I would verymuch like to smoke a fatty of my home grown heads with Kev @ the Emerald this year if it all works out..

I think he is like a lot of old growers that are just waiting for this "new" fad to pass. There are only so many crosses that can be made until you have crossed everything back into a complete turd.

The preservation of old worked elite materials is a much more worthwhile endeavor IMHO. That takes real skill and only select individuals like Kev may be capable of ensuring the future of these old genetics and the like.

The majority ie 99% of store bought bud is absolute garbage because the customer base wants "new". Oh I have the NEW shit OMFG what complete F'tards have come out of the woodworks these last 2 decades!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drewsif

That's my problem with Jodrey. He acts powerless to educate the consumer base, and uses that as an excuse to chase marketable high production Cannabis over quality Cannabis. In one panel you see how he lit up when someone mentions a 20 plus pound outdoor cookie.

I mean dude says he got skunk, well, make clones! Plant a frickin jungle of it! Nope. Hes trying to bulk it up, probably crossing it with every 8 week yielder already on the market.

Maybe my approximation of the market was more accurate than I realized, Jodrey contradicts himself, saying Cali is picky, yet they flock for discounted toxic weed. I'm only seeing the latter personally. But if there are indeed picky smokers, pot snobs real or pseudo, i think a simple pamphlet or wall poster in every shop willing to participate, explaining the difference between hydro junk and quality smoke, between pretty buds and gnarly herb, would really be the new hype many would embrace. #SayNoToDro, #FlushedOrBust could easily replace #OnlySmokeCookies and #DabLyfe IMO.

People want cool shit. Doesnt have to boil down to a trendy strain. Make organics trendy again, like they were for thousands of years! Make skunk trendy again!

Is this tangent to the original topic? Not really! Where do you think disease comes from? By both breeding and growing for weight. Period.

Bluto

I did see a snipet that Jordy did in a Humboldt rag where he was excited about using anaerobic tea to reinvigorate pathogen plagued plants. I have made teas for years and have always had arguments, or people chastise me for using what they deem ruined tea.
I grow in Humboldt, and I believe we have some of the scariest pest, pathogens.
I received some gelato 25 aka mochi, last spring that where plagued with some pathogen. I quarantied them and would of thrown them out. I happened to have a pretty stinky week old tea brewing. Two weeks of feeding and they did snap out of it and ran them full season turned out to be one of my favorite smokes.

browntrout

Veteran
I did see a snipet that Jordy did in a Humboldt rag where he was excited about using anaerobic tea to reinvigorate pathogen plagued plants. I have made teas for years and have always had arguments, or people chastise me for using what they deem ruined tea.
I grow in Humboldt, and I believe we have some of the scariest pest, pathogens.
I received some gelato 25 aka mochi, last spring that where plagued with some pathogen. I quarantied them and would of thrown them out. I happened to have a pretty stinky week old tea brewing. Two weeks of feeding and they did snap out of it and ran them full season turned out to be one of my favorite smokes.

Stinky in a bad way? As in foul/expired smell?

Latest posts

Latest posts