What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is diabetes higher in stoners?

dddaver

Veteran
I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. But this is a VERY serious issue. If these claims can be substantiated you could actually help people. Please post links to all those studies. Not just the gubment (nih) bs.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Just as hard to substantiate as climate change, too much money and opposing research/media involved. Glyphosate is found in tons of foods and nothing anyone tries to tell me will make me eat it happily.

I was a big acre grain farmer and used thousands of litres of glyphosate. I love that shit.
Public opinion is turning against farmers use of glyphosate as a desiccant, so expect to see less of that. There are alternatives, such as swathing or other chemistry.
The caveat is if farmers aren’t gunning for max efficiency you are going to pay more for your food.

X

xavier7995

This thread makes me think of Lemmy developing diabetes...not from years of partying and living hard, but the friggin mixer that went with all the jack.

Gry

Someone used the word evil a while back. Same outfits that make" goo", also own seed rights.
Contemplating the down steam effects, can't help but feel like the word "evil" is polite understatement.

S

Sertaiz

Ibechillin!! thank you very much.

thank you all for discussing health, it feels really good.

capitalism at any cost is the excuse for a lot of stuff that might be evil in another light.

i am happy to pay a premium for my food, i buy premium non ethanol gas and thats for a vehicle i can replace.

when it isnt available at all is when i start to lose it,
farmers markets are my favorite, cheapish still but i still have to ask hard questions, lots of people buy and resell produce they bought off a truck from a commercial farm. i look for the proud stand that grows their own with organic practices

even usda organic products from out of the country are irradiated, so i dont go there. everything is deader than dead after irradiation.

and someone mentioned ibs, if you eat fresh lemon juice in warm warm water in the morning, it will do amazing things to how your body feels if you have stomach pain in the am.
specifically takes the over acid feeling away by adding acid!!
doesnt make sense at first, but it works. body is actually low in acid and trying to make it up. if i eat too much carbs for a few days i notice the feeling

clearheaded

And i doubt a guy got rid of diabetes with RICE and veggies. rice is like pure simple carbs aka pretty much eating white sugar. most diabetics are told to avoid bread rice etc esp if the other things you are eating is veggies that are generally high ratio of sugar to protein aswell.

clearheaded

whats weird about those glycphosate numbers is the included organic products like kashi and another have substantially MORE glyphosate? how is this possible? i could see similar but double is strange.

and yea there is a case made that alot of the "gluten sensitivity" is actually caused by glyphosate. millions of gallons runs into rivers so in water you drink and everything you eat.

the reason for dessication of crops is to allow the grains to be liberated from the sheif or stalk easier(example peas and legumes come out of shell easier and cotton is another easier to visualize one and uses PGRs to do the same proccess) AND to prevent rot or growth when its swathed and sitting in fields before can be picked up. harvest is often delayed because of crops being too wet..

Wendull C.

Veteran
They changed the name from adult onset to type 2 because kids started getting it. Its absolutely diet related.

No, it isn't. Type 1 diabetics with juvenile onset have nothing to do with diet. It has to do with a defective pancreas and can only be managed through diligent checking of blood sugar and two types if insulin.

My sister is type 1. No diet can help her, she is not fat and has better a1c than most people without diabetes.

Now, type 2, that can be fixed with diet and exercise.

Latest posts

Latest posts