What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for light

Ruby_Abu

:wave:Hello, everyone. Finally i had a chance to talk here. I was looking for a LED grow light that can replace my present 400W HPS light. It spent me a lot of money on electricity bill :bow:so i had to find another option. Forgot to mention that my grow tent is 4ftx4ft. Any recommendation? guys.:)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
:wave:Hello, everyone. Finally i had a chance to talk here. I was looking for a LED grow light that can replace my present 400W HPS light. It spent me a lot of money on electricity bill :bow:so i had to find another option. Forgot to mention that my grow tent is 4ftx4ft. Any recommendation? guys.:)
Tried LEDs, spent too much.. CMH, 2x315W. Best ive used. also 4'x4'. and I've used them all. Read here.. thanks rives.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299165
More yield = justification and reduction of felt electrical bills. 1, 315w = 600w output result.

Ruby_Abu

I found some cheap lights with good reputation on market.
I am comparing MarsHydro and Viparspectra. Anyone used these two lights before?
I watched many youtube videos and found there seems no difference between them.
Any suggestions?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
In the lighting science sticky (top one in my signature) I recommended Roleadro for best budget led fixture, they all 3 have fan failure/longevity problems.

Ruby_Abu

oh my god, there are a huge of LEDs on Ebay and Amazon.
It seems that MarsHydro and Viparspectra take a large part of it.
When i went into their official website. It seems that Marshydro is more professional.
Very surprised to see that they are finding testers for the new white color light.
I have sent them an email about that. Maybe i can get the first LEDs freely. Lol.

Ruby_Abu

Finally, i have some time to continue finding the light after the new year holiday.
I plan to become an experienced grower this year. Lol. It is one of my goals.
So my attention is on a cheap beginner light. Any recommendation?

Ruby_Abu

After reviewing some videos on youtube, i made the decision to go with MarsHydro.
I got one Mars reflector 192 for my 4x4 tent to replace 400W HPS light.
I spent 290USD for this light with coupon code"Bruce" on their official website.
Hope it can work well like the videos have shown.

Ruby_Abu

So far, the reflector 192 works well in 4x4 tent.
My babies will go into flowering stage soon. What a pity that i cannot upload some pictures here.
LED light is super cool compared to HPS light. I helped me saved 15% electricity bill last month.

Latest posts

Latest posts