What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your favorite strain at the moment (growing & smoking)

W

Water-

I also have anxiety and am looking for a sativa dominant strain. I didn't find panama x malawi. I can find each on their own, but not bred together. Any links to help with that bro?

go to the ACE seed web site, they have it

grayeyes

I just grew a high amperage bubblegum. To measure the effect I smoked some ridiculous dispensary SSH that was 'tested' at 24% THC.

The BBG I harvested pushed way past the SSH. When I harvested I had clear tricomes that shone GOLD in the light. Fearing I was almost to amber I cut that flower. Whew!

I have to get this strain. Amazing!

ronbo51

Veteran
Black Lime Reserve, very impressed by this strain :)

I was lucky enough to get some beanz crosses made with Black Lime Reserve. What I got was

Lucky Charms X Black Lime
Orange Cookies X BLR
Lemon Zinger x Malawi BLR

Ran Orange Cookies BLR this winter. Second round now with cuttings. Very sexy.

That's pretty awesome @ronbo51!

Orange cookies X BLR sounds like a potent cross. The GSC line is so hot right now. So I have to admit I'm biased towards them at the moment.

bigbadbiddy

Did you run peaks blueberry?

I have, as have some others I spoke with.

I am not convinced so far. Had some issues and haven't written it off completely (currently have 1 in flower and a few more in veg) as I had my own issues during the last time I flowered a few.

But from what others have told me, they said my subpar experience with the strain is concurrent with their own.

I still like peakseeds but the C99 and Blueberry I grew from him so far left me very disappointed.

Might still be the best source for Blueberry as even people who shelled out the big bucks for some from DJ Short often report back with disappointment. DJ also entered his Blueberry into the Phylos galaxy with the hope of showing how many people used it in their crosses, no doubt.
The result however was that DJ's Blueberry is most closely related to ...... hemp...
Caused quite a bit of ripples in the scene when that happened but people seem to have stopped talking about it.
If you delve more deeply into DJ's history and breeding efforts, it paints a picture of Blueberry never having been a very potent strain that was mainly bred for the terpene profile and maybe also for pretty floral clusters and the like (like FLO). At least the terpene profile seems to have faded over the decades as I can't remember a recent grow journal/feedback of a grower that said "wow that is bang on blueberry"...

The last time I heard that from a grower was a guy over at MRN who found a pheno that he said smelled dead on like blueberry muffins.
He found that in a pack of Walkabout (that is MRN "mixed bag" "strain" that is super cheap)...
MRN afaik never changed genetics with DJ short or DP or anyone and has never bred anything in the direction of blueberry.
So you tell me how that happened.

i like my sour kush plant! haven't smoked it yet. seems to be a great combo of og and diesel growth traits. branches are not too skinny but not too thick, not a lot of leaves, nodes also not too far but not too close, and the branches cooperate easily. they just go wherever you move them. when topped all the branches seem to grow at a pretty equal rate. its a great plant. hope it smokes good.

Happy Times

Strawberry Kush - dispensary weed from Telluride Bud Co. got it last summer, it’s cured up really well and still has an awesome flavor to it- mouth coating pine and a strong stone

R

Rab.C

dont have a favourite strain but doing my first grow strains are

phantom og
three blue kings
gorilla breath
ogkz

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
This my favorite.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Smells like nehi grape or grape Kool aid followed by a very over ripe peach/plum smell. Sometimes there is a slight licorice smell. A few times outdoor had more licorice and less grape smell.

CuredBuds smell same but without the over ripe peach/plum aroma.
picture.php
picture.php

Lolo94

Swazi (Hawaiian IBL) x Wild Thailand.
Harvested end of july 2018. Faint citrusy smell. Smooth taste (improved vastly with age).
Good nightime sativa high. Makes you feel perky (not overly racy), able to focus and enjoy what you're doing (even if doing dishes or other type of cleaning). Amplifies music nicely (really got into the Grateful Bluegrass Boys last time I smoked it). Not overly potent but very enjoyable. Can smoke it at 7 p.m. and be able to sleep by 10:30 p.m. The mellowness and thicker bud structure of the Wild Thai came through in the cross.

Crossed the same Swazi male to a Red Congolese female and the h

Lolo94

OOps accidental forgot to finish the last sentence. Crossed the same Swazi male to a Red Congolese female and smoking at 6 p.m. kept me up until 2 a.m. and resulted in a really lousy sleep. not at all a nightime smoke.