What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial Autoflowering guide for maximum yield

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strain dependant, I would think, on topping GG? Those who finish 85-95 days, sure. Those under 80 days, not so sure.

We don't, preferring LST or SCROG. Less stress on a plant(s).

gorilla ganja

Strain dependant, I would think, on topping GG? Those who finish 85-95 days, sure. Those under 80 days, not so sure.

We don't, preferring LST or SCROG. Less stress on a plant(s).

Ya, I agree. I mostly work with autos in the 75-85 day range.
Topping is always strain dependant even with photos. Some just don't like it. I was just saying it can be done with Autoflowers and still get good yields. I am also a big fan of LST and defoliating some autos as well.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I find the largest contributor to "top or not" is whether or not the genetics like a 'main cola' or not. Some strains try to grow the same sized flower without caring where it is on the plant. Some strains like to grow one big flower and a few smaller branches and flowers.

If'n it likes to be one big spear, topping will usually reduce yield. :)

DiverDave

there is an other way to maximize autoflowers,
mazarfakar ( automazar x gorilla auto ) reached the top of a 2m high tent... and it is just at halfway in flowering..... :D

i am thinking about to write more exact details on hydroponic growing of autos

View attachment 491320

This is exactly the problem I am having with this plant , using bio bucket RDWC.

Love to see a link if you have on that.. so next grow I will be ready.

DD

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i didn t do that, bcause autoflowers are very situational and their behaviour is depending on lot of different factors,

plus as i noticed growers are looking for a faster, cheaper and simplier alternative of regular growing.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does an 18/6 light schedule increase production vs 24/0?

Does an 18/6 light schedule speed up flowering time vs 24/0?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
no
yes

auto kush with 24/0 led lights took longer to flower but yield is monster

picture.php

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Wipedmeat!

When reversing an autoflower strain, will a dark period (or lack of) affect whether the male flowers open or take longer to open? or is that totally strain dependent?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i didn t try reversing autos. but pm this question to what_can_there he did it several times and possibly he made it with 24/0 and with dark periods too

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
thanks, i have to forward these words to what_can_there, also he can tell more about his setup with the 24/0 growing of these kushes

goingrey

I use 7 gallon pots with autos from sprout to finish average 4 to 5 oz per plant is that considered a good harvest with auto seed
That's sounds pretty good to me. But on the other hand I've got about an ounce from autos in one gallon pots so maybe you should get 7... :D