What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help- calyx, pollen sac, or seed?

Hunttuxcat

Grown from feminized seed. About 6 weeks into 8 week flower. Have a bunch of these on a couple of my outdoor indicas. Same plant also has close to a lb of bud on it, not quite ripe.

Definitely don’t look like bananas. I check a few, and no seeds inside, but they don’t look like regular calyx to me. Can someone confirm what I have please?

Better to cut and harvest early, or let it go for another week or two?

Thanks
YFcZCcH.jpg

Hunttuxcat

Grown a few outdoor each year for last 14 years. Never seen this kind of swelling. Also never had anything go as big as this year. Feeling very relieved though- thanks!

Here is another that is just about ready. I mixed up my seedlings, so don’t know for sure what strain it is, but think it may be my sour diesel.
QPbPXur.jpg

therevverend

Veteran
If you luck out you might find a seed inside a few of them. If you got lazy in July or early August before the females begin flowering sometimes a bit of male pollen will get loose and knock up a few preflowers. Which looks like that once they ripen.

This happens to me because sometimes I'll leave my choice male in the garden until the last minute before he pops. That way when I dig him up and abuse him while separating him from the females I know I'll get pollen even if he keels over.

As long as you didn't have a hermaphrodite or a shitty male you wouldn't ever breed with in which case you can chuck the seed.

grayeyes

The picture you showed is a male plant which means you won't have to pay the seed seller.

If you were hoping for sinsemilla that ship may have sailed.

Ktaadn

No, it's clearly a female. Those extra large preflower calyxes can be an early treat to smoke as they tend to ripen before the buds do. I had a nice pipeful of some landrace indica calyxes this morning in fact.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Just wait dude. All looks good. You can pull off any big preflowers to examine them. If the hair is still white in the preflower it is not pollinated. Looks all good but you can check if you are paranoid.

Pumpkin

Veteran
But it's fine and you are not pollinated because you would see those buds with white hairs turning red early. You got quite a wait still. Stay patient.