What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Odorless please

Hello all, how time fly... I'm writing these threat to get some advice on creating a new setup totally stealth.

From my research the strains green ninja and wipout express auto from heavyweight Seeds are supposed to be less stinky, some people say that Northern lights and power plant also was that proprietys. Is that true? Odorless strains?

What worrys me is the smell, I was away for some years nowadays there are a many smell treatments options but I would like to know what are the best options for a non ventilated room.

Besides the smell there's always the noise of fans etc... That I would like to avoid... Or minimise it... I know I could use small PC fans but the noise of a extractor... Is there anything that might work?

PS. I would need a mother room (no problem with smell, veg stage), and a flowering space (but would only need 1 or 2 plants ready to harvest and the others 1 or 2 would be weeks apart to achieve a almost perpetual crop cycle). :tiphat:

Kind regards to all 👍 peace

Last edited:
P

Pinnate

The smell of Ace's OTH and PuHz doesn't make it past the growroom ─ to notice it at all, you have to get down among the plants.

That goes for the fairly common catpiss pheno, too!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Lol he's going for a stealth micro grow and you recommend a 16 week haze?? Come on..

They make small carbon filters now and with a small fan the filter will quiet it down. Sure there are strains that smell less but in my experience, a cannabis strain taken to maturity is going to give off an odor. Best bet is a small carbon filter and extraction fan.

Northern lights
Master Kush
C99

Are a few..

PPP is a loud plant when it is almost done. Definitely need filters for that one.

P

Pinnate

Lol he's going for a stealth micro grow and you recommend a 16 week haze?? Come on..
Lol! Some take a bit longer, too, but once you can fully mature them, there's no going back...

It's the effects that make the difference!

Spaventa

Veteran
Hello all, how time fly... I'm writing these threat to get some advice on creating a new setup totally stealth.

From my research the strains green ninja and wipout express auto from heavyweight Seeds are supposed to be less stinky, some people say that Northern lights and power plant also was that proprietys. Is that true? Odorless strains?

What worrys me is the smell, I was away for some years nowadays there are a many smell treatments options but I would like to know what are the best options for a non ventilated room.

Besides the smell there's always the noise of fans etc... That I would like to avoid... Or minimise it... I know I could use small PC fans but the noise of a extractor... Is there anything that might work?

PS. I would need a mother room (no problem with smell, veg stage), and a flowering space (but would only need 1 or 2 plants ready to harvest and the others 1 or 2 would be weeks apart to achieve a almost perpetual crop cycle). :tiphat:

Kind regards to all �� peace

Your grow space needs ventilation - plants breathe and transpire and the lights produce heat. The only alternative, a sealed room would require air con and Co2 release... and timed ventilation. No ventilation, no grow.

Google silenced fans, brushless digital fans and acoustic ducting. Odourless strains of cannabis are the ones we reject. The smelliest are the most sought after. There is no good strain that is odourless. Serious seeds Chronic isn't very smelly, therefore nobody likes it. You won't either. Without those terpenes you get a hay or lawn cuttings experience.

Hello all, after watching some posts in the micro grows area Im definitely going to give it a go... Going to start with one auto just to see what I'll come out ... With low budget in mind, what do you guys think I should use a wooden cabinet or metal one like those that we.can see in the offices? Best regards to all, peace

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello all, after watching some posts in the micro grows area Im definitely going to give it a go... Going to start with one auto just to see what I'll come out ... With low budget in mind, what do you guys think I should use a wooden cabinet or metal one like those that we.can see in the offices? Best regards to all, peace

Sounds like a good plan! Good luck! Either one is good....metal or wooden.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I strongly suggest spending some time reading. There are many excellent posts in the ICMag Micro Grow section. Lots and lots of great information on lighting, ventilation, DIY carbon scrubbers and more.

A few months of reading in there, before you start anything, will do you and your plants a lot of good. You'll have fewer issues, better results and will spend a lot less time wondering what's going on and asking questions. :)

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
There are some potent lines with little smell.. ortega or pnw hashplant are two that jump to mind but ive grown other hash plants that dont stink much .. back in the day low odour high potency strains were obviously alot more popular..

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
There are some potent lines with little smell.. ortega or pnw hashplant are two that jump to mind but ive grown other hash plants that dont stink much .. back in the day low odour high potency strains were obviously alot more popular..

Sometimes fruity strains lack that myrcene skunk and they are less suspect..

Thank you very much everyone :) The more i read the more i realise i don't know a crap... Anyway back to reading... I'll be around, wish you all the best! Peace and love