What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 months jail time for Cannabis growers in California. I thought it was legal now WTF

St. Phatty

I think the main thing to realize with an un-documented grow is that you might be operating without a safety net.

On Christmas Eve in 1997 I was using candles for CO2 in a small closet grow. In a 12 unit condo building.

I had been cleaning, but when I went out to the parking lot to drive over to family for Xmas Eve dinner, I had a feeling that I should go back inside and "check on things".

Good thing ! I had knocked over one of the candles and the carpet was on fire.

I breathed plastic smoke for 5 minutes while I put everything out.

If I hadn't gone back inside, I would have been responsible for the destruction maybe of a 12 unit condo building.

I doubt that my insurance would have covered it.

Double check & triple check.

Don't do grow-stuff if you're tired or blitzed.

Don't use flames for CO2, use fermentation or dry ice or a pet rabbit.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
On Christmas Eve in 1997 I was using candles for CO2 in a small closet grow. In a 12 unit condo building.

I had been cleaning, but when I went out to the parking lot to drive over to family for Xmas Eve dinner, I had a feeling that I should go back inside and "check on things".

Good thing ! I had knocked over one of the candles and the carpet was on fire.

I talk alot about trusting your gut/instincts, great example!