What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Agent orange soiless 2k grow

raven44

Well looks like I will fall far short of my projected yeilds lol. Don't got it down quite yet, next time lol. My 4 aos that are furthest along r getting flushed out they'll have gone 9 weeks sadly not the predicted 11 weeks

The last AO is doing much better, so high hopes for that one she's at week 7 and isn't stressed at all. The other 4 got too stressed frpm over feeding

Valuable lessons I learned:

1) use more perlite when running clones when compared to running seed plants. Seed plants have nearly twice as many branches and can handle a higher cation exchange capacity or CEC.

Clones need a lower CEC, so more perlite needs to added about twice as much im guessing.

I'll be testing this out with seed grown plants soon and then clones from those seed plants as well

I'm aiming for a feed, feed, feed, program cause I know it's possible and will up yeilds when done right. This is all circumstantial and fits this program of not training the plants in any way except trimming off the suckers at the bottom.

Wish me luck next time.

I'll post end yeilds from the 4 AOS and then the end yeilds from the one AO I didn't mess up lol. Should be a good bit more off the one I didn't mess up and lots more colors to her. She comes.comes down in December

Ready4

Veteran
I ran AO for years, loved it. Just smoked a lot, plant limits and desire to try others strains got it culled.
My experience was less N the better. Definite Cal/Mag lover plant. But noticed N sensitivity. Loved Blackstrap Molasses.

Probably will run it in the future, consider it excellent smoke, great relaxing potent buzz. For those looking for an Orange strain, this is a great one.

Smelled like Oranges so great, had some clowns saying I put OJ on the buds (behind my back, of course lol) Ya can't fix stupid, real OJ never smells that great unless fresh squeezed & it would smell far different if dumped on buds.:)

@raven44 You have almost got the principles down. I would suggest instead of setting goals for what your plants should have (feeding 1 gal a day) take notes on what they need. Granted if you want to garden a certain type of way, by all means proceed. But remember, there is most likely a better way than what you are doing now and approaching your garden that way is what had me tripped up on so many things for years.

Also I will say that you are on the right track with the perlite. If the Growing Medium has more airation in it you have to use a higher strength feed, but I use that to my advantage and save Big $$$$$ on fertilizers by not adding much if any perlite to the Promix.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I grew an AO X GG4 cut that produced massive buds, and tastes great. It always got PM. You said you used ozone. Is that a product, or do you use an ozone generator of some kind.

Are you still having problems with leaves looking like that?? I thought I was over feeding GG4 once, but it wound up being microscopic bugs. The leaf tips looked burnt. A USB microscope is needed to see them. I had spider mites and thrips.

Best of luck with your grows!!

This is the best thread I have ever seen about plant problems. Skim through it quickly looking at the pictures, to see if they look like yours, but it is a great read, when you have the time.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

raven44

I use an ozone generator that essentially infuses water with o3. It's amazing... makes gallons upon gallons of residue free pesticide fungicide that u can spray all the way up to harvest (no residue) use up to 3x per week

I was taught by a professional grower. Very advanced obtains yeilds most refuse to belive..

When u get the perlite ratio just right u can feed every day and get larger yeilds to say the least. That's why I aim how I do currently

Thanks for the kind words and stopping by guys.

I have some pics soon, they turned out quite nice. I was gonna drop the Temps to get some more colors last three weeks with my ac but I was too disappointed by the yeilds to care to do so lol so said fuck it never turned the ac on

This pheno recessed I'm pretty sure, it's very prone to stress and the buds didn't even get close to the size that they did with the seed plants.

Best to clone ur seed plants 2 times then grow em to make sure u have a good pheno that will keep ALL its traits when cloned out many times... bumer.

Still.gonna have some lovely purpley orangy smoke tho so stoked on that :)

The burn issues I got under control while ago. Never lost my bottom leaves.... none of em...

It was due to the cation exchange capacity being too high.

When the cation exchange capacity is just right due to adding just the right amount of perlite, I can add 1-2ml of my cutting edge nutrients grow formula and effectively salt stress my plants with out every burning it which increases secondary metabolite production

I know this is happening via the plants curl (that kinda ugly nitrogen rams horn curl) yet NEVER burn not even the tip AT ALL.. then I can make em uncurl and curl back up just how I want em to at my own will and within a 4-6 day period. It's amazing the recipe I was given...

Last edited:

raven44

Yum

Attachments

• 20161120_200937.jpg
    20161120_200937.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20161120_200909.jpg
    20161120_200909.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20161120_200857.jpg
    20161120_200857.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 7
Why would you want to stress out your plants? It has been proven to do nothing but reduce yields and resin production many times before. Id say turn down the mix just a little bit until you see those picture perfect leaves. What ec are you feeding?

raven44

I alreadt answered what ur asking in my previous post man. Please don't comment on the topic of secondary metabolite production unless u understand it.... it's old and annoying and always get the same reaction. "Why would u wanna stress ur plants???". DUH I say.

It has been shown to increase secondary metabolite production aka thc terps ect U KNOW... lavender growers do it, why?? To make their lavender higher quality.

Higher brix.

makes it better that's why

Im not having any ec issues anymore if u read the thread. I've got everything here under control ;) :)

I feed full strength cutting edge nutrients. End of story.

This grow, ec or ppm did need to be decreased due to me not adding enough perlite.

Ppm was around 900 this grow

Stressing ur plants in the manner in described is a very advanced feat. I'm only able to do so due to the fact I was given a soil recipe capable of producing such results

I couldn't believe it when I realized I had a recipe that does this. Takes a guy or guys years to figure that out I bet

Last edited:

raven44

The shortest plant is of entirely unknown genetics. Should be fun. Was a clone from my gfs uncles friend lol no name on it unfortunately but let's see what she does :)

The plant that's furthest along is my last AO at week seven. Buds looking good bit fatter on her compared to the other AOS at week seven but in still severely disappointed simply cause I know this strains potential and it's huge. Anyways..

The other tall girl is a lavender Kush :) new pheno we shall see what she has in store. Unfortunately she was exposed to the low perlite ratio soil mixture as well. I will never add this little of extra perlite to my soil again. I will always add more.

I'm just now starting to quantify the amount of perlite I use so I can share that soon. The mystery plant got 55cups but didn't use the entire mix to full the pot (this time) normally I would use it all. Still same ratio tho.....

Attachments

• 20161121_161911.jpg
    20161121_161911.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20161121_161859.jpg
    20161121_161859.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20161121_161831.jpg
    20161121_161831.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20161121_161840.jpg
    20161121_161840.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20161121_161821.jpg
    20161121_161821.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20161121_161959.jpg
    20161121_161959.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20161121_162307.jpg
    20161121_162307.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 8

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I use an ozone generator that essentially infuses water with o3. It's amazing... makes gallons upon gallons of residue free pesticide fungicide that u can spray all the way up to harvest (no residue) use up to 3x per week

I was taught by a professional grower. Very advanced obtains yeilds most refuse to belive..

When u get the perlite ratio just right u can feed every day and get larger yeilds to say the least. That's why I aim how I do currently

Thanks for the kind words and stopping by guys.

I have some pics soon, they turned out quite nice. I was gonna drop the Temps to get some more colors last three weeks with my ac but I was too disappointed by the yeilds to care to do so lol so said fuck it never turned the ac on

This pheno recessed I'm pretty sure, it's very prone to stress and the buds didn't even get close to the size that they did with the seed plants.

Best to clone ur seed plants 2 times then grow em to make sure u have a good pheno that will keep ALL its traits when cloned out many times... bumer.

Still.gonna have some lovely purpley orangy smoke tho so stoked on that :)

The burn issues I got under control while ago. Never lost my bottom leaves.... none of em...

It was due to the cation exchange capacity being too high.

When the cation exchange capacity is just right due to adding just the right amount of perlite, I can add 1-2ml of my cutting edge nutrients grow formula and effectively salt stress my plants with out every burning it which increases secondary metabolite production

I know this is happening via the plants curl (that kinda ugly nitrogen rams horn curl) yet NEVER burn not even the tip AT ALL.. then I can make em uncurl and curl back up just how I want em to at my own will and within a 4-6 day period. It's amazing the recipe I was given...

burning plants increases yield.. interesting theory..

raven44

This is only my fourth grow.

I'm not focused on yeilds, and have yet to compare to my teachers yeilds.

I think I'll get off the one 1k light, one lb lol and I'm pretty sour about it. Shouldhave been 3-4lbs running this strains alone. Usually I grow four different strains under my usual one light.

I'll never grow with two lights again I'm downgrading for personal reasons. I grow for personal.

I know that w a de light this AO is capable of 2-3g/watt however this grow doesn't reflect that at all.

Go ahead and tell me that's impossible I've heard it all

That's what I aim for

This grow I only had 3 plants under my second light cause I decided not to flower the fourth wasn't worried about it...

Growing is my side hobby really but I take it just as seriously as my main hobby which is fungi.

I think I'll get 4-5zips per plant.

My seed plants AO I got 12 oz per plant.

That's why I'm disappointed and I was disappointed with that 12 oz too lol

If the strain kept it's traits when cloned I would be looking at 48 oz at least I know that

raven44

burning plants increases yield.. interesting theory..

Burning plants increases yeilds? I never said that only u did.

U needto read again man. If u go past curling them and burn them u decrease yeilds

Fucking duh.

I CLEARLY stated these key words "NEVER" and "AT ALL" in the statement of mine u quoted lmfao can u read????

Last edited:

raven44

Google increasing secondary metabolite production in plants via salts and shut up

Clearly ur not aware

The ignorant hate gets soo fucking old. I can barely make a thread with out ithe coming up.

If u dunno what's up, read, and shut up maybe u will learn more than yapping anyone feel me lol?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ok lets be more specific then.. you let salt build up until you get nitrogen toxicity, and that increases the ''secondary metabolites'' in your plants and increases your yield? but yet you seem to have got less than a lb per light. and yes that is very low for a 1k.

raven44

It doesn't increase yeilds no, only secondary metabolites and if anything makes it easier to lower yeilds when not done just right . Makes the plants taste better is all mainly. U must remember I can control the nitrogen toxicity symptoms. I can make the leaves curl then uncurl in four days if I want by not adding anymore nitrogen. Or keep em right there curled yet never burn em. This run into didn't ever achieve the curl my perlite ratio was too low and adding any grow kept burning my leaves so I left it out this grow. Learned lots

Pros know, it's okay if plants curl but never ok to burn not even slightly.

If u research the topic of stressing plants to increase secondary metabolite production u will get lots of hits and different ways to do it.

I'm aware my yeilds are shit this run, my next run will be seed plants AO and several new ones as well. I expect an lb per AO plant at least that run

This was my second AO run ever, with a pheno that didn't keep its traits when cloned and was pretty larfy honestly

I probably won't ever do another run of just AOs tho for awhile but doing one should be enough to get a comparison

raven44

Lol leave the thread if all u bring is skepticism and negativety.

I've heard it all before no need for me to attempt to enlighten someone who is coming from a place of hate.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Lol leave the thread if all u bring is skepticism and negativety.

I've heard it all before no need for me to attempt to enlighten someone who is coming from a place of hate.

That is one of the biggest problems on IC. If you make a post in a thread, you will be informed every time someone posts.

If this method is so great, do a side by side grow, and post lab results. You are in legal state, so not an issue. RB-26 got 31% without using this method. Show some actual lab results, or it is just your opinion.

I did your search on google, and saw many results, but not for cannabis.

I really wish I would not see this thread in my list.