What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpinator Oil Builder - Terpene Maximizer Test Run from RhizoFlora

Happy October friends! - **UPDATED**

I just got my hands on a big bottle of Terpinator from Rhizoflora. I saw the advertisement at the Geo Pots / Geo Planter booth at Maximum Yield in San Fran and was able to buy a bottle from them so I could do a test run. Just received the 'final product' to review. I just saw an ad for them in Maximum Yield magazine as well.

Heavy T's Grow Show interviewed the Ph.D lab director that created the product, he answers lots of technical questions. November 20th show - Starts about 20 mins in, and they speak throughout the rest of the show. http://www.dfzradio.com/podcast-archive/

Here are some photo results yet since I just started running it a few weeks ago when I flipped my current grow to 12/12. I will be using my standard grow recipe with Cutting Edge Solutions base and some Hydroplex and G-rex. More photo's to come!

Headband 707
picture.php

Kosher Kush
picture.php

It uses 5 to 10 ML in veg and 15-30 ML in flower.

picture.php

It has a nice sweet smell and dark orange color. Looks like a tasty beer. I talked to one of the creators about any PGR's and he told me it is completely organic... so game on! They say the flowers ooze noticeably more oil with larger and more trichromes on the calyx. More oil per square inch = higher test %

picture.php

They worked with a PhD plant scientist to create Terpinator with the clear goal of making the stinkiest, tastiest most potent nugs possible. He said they have been working on it and testing for a couple years. The terpenes from what I understand is the parts of the oil that contain the aromatic and flavor compounds. Same stuff that's in beer too. The lemonine, pinamine and myrcene mix up to make the smell and flavor of the flowers from sweet to sour to chem/fuel to citrus and skunk. Not a ton of technical info yet, but found more on their website. Should run it all through veg as well for max results, but I didn't have it for veg.

I will post up photos and info and such as I move along. I'm running my Kosher Kush (cup winner cut) and Headband 707 (O.G. x Sour D) right now and they are just started week 5 so I'll see you guys soon!

Peace and dank,

- Cheddar

fatigues

Veteran
Interesting! :lurk:

I guess the aspect of the product in use I would be most interested in is some field-testing which would reveal:

• does the product work by adding a terpine profile based upon what it in the bottle; or
  • does the product work by increasing terpines in the plant itself across the board (unlikely as hell); or
  • does the product work by increasing only some terpines in the plant itself - and if so - which ones? (likely)

My concern would be that the product adds a certain sameness to all of the plants it is used upon.

Granger2

Veteran
Yeah fatigues that's my concern. Kind of like Botanicare Sweet, except for the Raw. I want to bring out the potential of the plant, but I don't want to alter it. -granger

RonSmooth

Veteran
That product name & the graphics on the label are a red flag to me. That just looks like snake oil.

The salespeople are always going to tell you what you want to hear. They speak in vague terms and say things like "we worked with leading plant scientists..."

What is in the product?

What does it specifically do to increase terpine production?

Yup lots of questions and I don't have much experience with it yet, just my first trial. I will see what info I can dig up. From what I remember the product doesn't shift flavor/aroma profile of the genetics... just enhances production of the terpenes prevalent in the plant. Limonene, Piname and Myrcene are the most prominent in Cannabis along with some other minors. I don't know what is in it, but it's not a Mag Sulfate/Nitrate like Sweet or Bud Candy.

As for making all strains taste the same, I don't know but will find out. I assume not. GeoPot is going to be at the Maximum Yield show in Long Beach this month so I'll see what I can find out. There is an advertisement for it in the Max Yield August edition with info too. Below is posted on GeoPots facebook account.

==============
Distributed exclusively through GeoPot, Terpinator by Rhizoflora Inc. has been formulated to increase the concentration of terpinoids in aromatic plant oils. This organic fertilizer will aid in the building blocks of your natural plant aromas, pigments, resins, and hormones. Terpinator swells the glands that produce trichomes, as well as multiply them on the surface area of the plant – which enhances and prolongs your natural plant aromas and unique characteristics.

Terpinator is easy to use, will not cause burning, and can be used in hydroponic and soil and should not affect your PPM or PH. This product can be used alongside your favorite nutrient line during the Vegetative stage, but most importantly during flowering and fruit stages.
===============

More info on their Terpinator website too about scientific process stuff.

Peace

sensiman

Derived from: Potassium sulfate

Potassium Sulfate is a chemical. What matters is if its derived from an organic source.

Ron you are right my friend looks and sounds scary to me.

I found that when a product is truly organic it has a 100% Organic label on the bottle even if is not OMRI certified thats just my 2 cents.

Hope it works out for you will be checking back for results please post when done.

Peace,
Sensiman

JimmyToucan

So are you going to do a side by side, one with one without so you have a direct baseline to compare to? A lot of these "testers" people run are useless without a control subject(s) to compare to as they base it on what they think, or more to the point what they *want* to believe.

Sensiman,

Terpinator had their Ph.D Laboratory director, Dr. Dave on Heavy T's Grow Show last Wednesday. I just listened to the podcast, check it out for the technical info you are mentioning. He created Terpinator with two growers with decades growing in Humboldt. Sounds like they are giving it out all month. Interview starts about 20-30 mins in and is pretty detailed, he talks the whole show. They say it's Organic and talk about how the outputs can be USDA Certified Organic when grown with Terpinator

http://www.dfzradio.com/podcast-archive/ - November 20 show.

Jimmy, I ran two strains with it in the same res. I am very familiar with both strains growth, looks, smells and flavors.

The album of my harvest with the Terpinator is below

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=50001

picture.php

The Terpinator really brought out INCREDIBLE levels of flavor and stink from my plants. I know very well how much aroma they let off through the various weeks of flower, and my phresh filters were not able to keep up like normal. I got this txt from my wife when I was out on business before I harvested this.

picture.php

I used the full Cutting Edge Solutions nutrient line, Terpinator and finished with Sour-Dee. For biologicals I used HumTea and Supercharge Root Tonic from Rock.

My Kosher Kush flavor exploded with a prominent push of the lemon-fuel goodness.

picture.php

It is kind of hard to tell in pics the glorious smells and tastes the Terpinator produced. I wish we had smell-o-vision. Also I noticed when harvesting how the nugs were stickier, more viscous, awesome awesome stinky chronic.

This is the Headband 707 I grew also with the Terpinator. Same reservoir, the flavor profiles did not shift or change. It just reallly brought out the natural terpenes in the plant and brought them to incredible levels.

picture.php

picture.php

I'm impressed with the oil production, aroma and flavor, all AAA! I didn't use any other oil builders like snow storm or resinator and I have the same beautiful heavy frost as when I use them. Sold! I will continue to test this on my various strains from my lovely collection of mama's.

They also say it helps to keep nugs green and stop the oil from breaking down when it cures. I just grow for my head so I have some flowers that are like over a year old curing and have that golden nugget appearance now. I'll be excited to see it

Peace and nugs,

- Cheddar

Durdensarmy

I am also giving this a run. im a sucker for oil and hash so i have to give it a try. I started using terpinator from day one of flower and i am going to run it through flush on half of my ladies. Currently running Reserva Privada Colorado Citrix and Hurricane, A awesome true cut of Girl Scout Cookies, and a friend of mines own strain called Nookie ( GSC x Chem4 OG ). i am about 20 days away from harvest we will see how they look. The resin production so far is outrageous. The hurricane almost looks like it is dripping. My grapefruit pheno of the citrix is only on week 3 of flower and stinks soooo good and its sparkling like crazy. I will post some pics but i did not plan on doing any experiment so there is no control to compare to the ladies going right now. Like i said though these plants are almost dripping and oh so stinky. And the pod cast does give a little more info on this product that i have been looking for. It is hard to find info on it, in colorado they only distribute to one retailer for the time being and they are very secretive even when giving them information about the product. From what i gather from talking around is that it could be maybe something along the lines of some sort of natural enzyme or hormone derived from the terpenes them selves but who knows very very sneaky right now. i will post some pics shortly.

DurdensArmy

Durdensarmy

Terpinator Pics Week 7 flower

Terpinator Pics Week 7 flower

I think once people start getting some good logs out on this stuff people may be more inclined to try it.

Attachments

• IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1663.jpg
    IMG_1663.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 56

Durdensarmy

Pics starting at top left, Citrix, GSC, Hurricane, Nookie, Hurricane.
Pics starting at bot left, Hurricane, Hurricane, Nookie, Last pic is on a GSC nug that came of a branch that was broken off (oops! dried now curing)

All that from some Potassium Sulphate huh? :rolleyes:

Their lab director explains the ingredients on the Heavy T gro show. They start talking about 1/3 way in. I think like most companies they only tell you the ingredients required by label laws to keep their formula secret. I think N-P-K has to be on front of bottles by law?

http://www.dfzradio.com/podpress_trac/web/362/1/HTGS_2013-11-20.mp3

Durdensarmy, thanks for the input dude! That Hurricane looks so dank. Do you know the genetics of it? I'm running this current cycle with Terpinator in Veg as well. Running it at 10 ml/ gal in veg and 20 ml/ gal in flower.

picture.php

Damn on my last run my Kosher Kush taste is just outstanding! Before I used it, the flavor was a more mild and earthy. Yeah when I talked to them both times at the Maximum Yield show they were pretty tight lipped as to the actual sources the ingredients are extracted from... just 'organic plant material...' Damn it smells sweet and tangy though! I didn't even flush my plants this time because I didn't have enough time between work. My current cycle I'm going to flush with it too... should be done by mid January.

- Cheddar

Durdensarmy

i cant see it being necessary to use all the way through veg. just a waste in imo. I will continue using it in flower though and see how other strains do with it. Still have to dry and cure mine to see what the final product is after using the terpinator.

Durdensarmy

And the hurricane is a cross between panama punch and la confidential. Craziest smell ive had. Smells like Fruit punch kool aid. Delicious.

i just started running terpenator on my flowering plants.
^^^ just like you Durdensarmy, i cant see myself using this product for vegging.
the plants are on first week of flower so ill post pic later.

in a 4x4x7 i have
Blue Dream
J1
Lavender Kush
Super Silver Haze

Im also using dark energy with the terpenator