What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6-Benzylaminopurine (BAP) to Possibly Increase Budset and Productivity of Marijuana

lolos

I would use brass instead of GA. Actually GA is a BIG no no for me.

The difference between the two is that brassinosteroid is like an actual Human anabolic, but for plants.
GA just make your plant super stretched with veeeeery long stems.
Keep in mind that both induce stretching but as I said they are different.

As for 6BAP, I haven't tested yet, it's a synthetic cytokinin. But I have overused kelp extract (which main hormone is cytokinin) and my plants just stopped growing upwards.
So what happened was... A single branch had about 100+ more branches which those 100 had just as many and this goes on.... It was a Frankenstein plant.

Hope this helps everyone.

Edit: For the guy above, use brassinosteroid only ONCE in vegging at 0.01ppm

lolos

The difference between the two is that brassinosteroid is like an actual Human anabolic, but for plants.

As for 6BAP, I haven't tested yet, it's a synthetic cytokinin. But I have overused kelp extract (which main hormone is cytokinin) and my plants just stopped growing upwards.
So what happened was... A single branch had about 100+ more branches which those 100 had just as many and this goes on.... It was a Frankenstein plant.

I only used those things on experiments but never in my main crops, cuz they are unpredictable. I only use Tria and kelp which are "natural".

shaggyballs

Veteran

I agree about the brass, but I suggest 0.001 ppm
I have used BAP a bunch of times, never had a Frankenstein plant ever.
The members are all here but gone now.
The info is here somewhere, I spoke in PM with a few members about health implications.

Just FYI
BAP is not unpredictable, all phytohormones are strain/cultivar dependent.
Also
Bap has little if any known health implications when used correctly.
There were members here before gravity was banned telling us gravity was unsafe.

These are the same folks that were consulted in pm.

Thanks again for stopping in and sharing!:bow:

lolos

I agree about the brass, but I suggest 0.001 ppm
I have used BAP a bunch of times, never had a Frankenstein plant ever.
The members are all here but gone now.
The info is here somewhere, I spoke in PM with a few members about health implications.

Just FYI
BAP is not unpredictable, all phytohormones are strain/cultivar dependent.
Also
Bap has little if any known health implications when used correctly.
There were members here before gravity was banned telling us gravity was unsafe.

These are the same folks that were consulted in pm.

Thanks again for stopping in and sharing!:bow:

Frankenstein plant was an outcome of overusing Ascophyllum nodosum extract (from eBay- kelp4less)
I'm experimenting with 6bap right now. Started off with 20ppm sprayed 2 times 48 hours apart on a plant that Triacontanol was sprayed some days ago.

7days in 12/12 stretching is minimal and flowers are showing already.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Frankenstein plant was an outcome of overusing Ascophyllum nodosum extract (from eBay- kelp4less)
I'm experimenting with 6bap right now. Started off with 20ppm sprayed 2 times 48 hours apart on a plant that Triacontanol was sprayed some days ago.

7days in 12/12 stretching is minimal and flowers are showing already.

Don't try this in flower.....next round.
Try the brass and BAP combo for the win.
Try different combos till ya hit the sweet spot for the strain/cultivar.:party: