What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Dont worry, I will stay out of your thread considering you can handle a simple question. Way to go, where in post did I come off like a jerk. Were is this "pissing" contest coming from. Because I said I dont see genius at all? Guess what i dont!
Someone cant take a little constructive criticism huh?
And why your at it look up some pics of genius dummy and you will see my cut is dead on. So go blow smoke up someone else ass that doesnt know any better.
In the long run c99, and apollo 11 is just reworked jack herer period. Thanks for being so humble.

Quit being so whiney. Darwin's been respectful, reasonable, the least you can do is the same.

I like the looks of your plants, Darwin. How long will the buzz last? Smooth return to reality? Also, will you be putting any up on the Bay?

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
MumblyJumJum: Thanks for stopping by! Based on previous generations the buzz usually lasts 2.5-3 hours. It typically comes on strong and then mellows out to a workable yet all in the head high. The come down is extremely smooth, part of the reason I like it so much. This is not a pain reliever though, literally no body high. As far as putting them up on the bay, I don't really have any intentions for that right now, this has always been a project for myself simply because I loved the strain and wanted to hold onto it. Not to mention, it's really not done. I would say that I have at least 2 more fillial generations before I'm really happy with the line. Given my growing style (multiple grows of the same generation for parental selection) this could be a while :) I'm in no rush though, after all I get to smoke my way through it :lol: Some of the plants in this grow did get pollinated with swt#4 pollen though and as soon as they get done I will be sending them in as freebies :)

Cheerful

Howdy all! Hey, no need for negativity here. I Love A11! ! ! ! My experience is limited so far, but I'm eager for more! I've grown out Joey's A11 f2's. They were surprisingly uniform. I have another pack growing out now. Darwin, I've been reading a lot of good stuff about SWT also and I'm super excited about your cross, I'll be keeping my eye out for it!

There are different highs for different folks out there... people who want that heavy narcotic stone aren't going to get it with A11. Hallelujah! I like what you said about "unlocking problems". That's my favorite kind of high, relaxing without stupefying. I do some of my best thinking in that state. YAY A11 ! ! I'm subscribed to this thread. :jump::jump:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Mr. Monk for calling this to my attention! :tiphat:

Darwin, nice work, envious of the thought of using 3 pks! :yoinks:
Much :respect: for your goals.
Caught me in a not-too responsive mood. You can read about my experience/background in my F13 x A11 thread in my sig.

I'm another long time Apollo lover, working off my original BG pk.
I will always have it around, and the next time I pop beans, will be the last of my f2's.
I'm using her as a breeding tool with pure sativas to bring flowering times down and make them more suitable for indoor growing, at least that's part of my long term plans w/ her. :D

I'll leave you w/ a few pics.

Z

zen_trikester

Love love love my A11!!! I call it the " pot doughnut". It is like somebody shoved a giant pot doughnut in your face but you can still see perfectly through the hole. Very unique high. I feel fully and completely stoned but I can still focus visually and mentally. I think a lot of it is how it doesn't affect my eyes the way most strains do. Lots of power though and the buzz lasts a good 2-3 hours.

My first strain ever was Joey Weeds A11 f2's. I've only popped 6 beans and am keeping the other 4 just in case. I only got 2 fems from the 6 and both are nearly identical in structure and odor and flavor. My keeper finishes faster and has a little more power even though it isn't as frosty as the other one. It is still frosty though! The odor was unmistakable and identical on both. Starts out as lemon candy almost as soon as the pistils arrive, then after 4 or 5 weeks it goes to a distinct black pepper smell, then the lemon comes back and the black pepper fades into a lemony funk. I have had friends say it is like lemon cheese but it doesn't really strike me that way. It is hard for me to say too much about structure since I grow small plants, but my leaves are fatter and more indica-ish than what I see in yours Darwin. I did give cuts for outdoor to a couple of friends this year and the plant was short and christmas tree shaped with lots of branching and thinner leaves like what you are showing. The buds were the same size as in my micro setup (1"-2") but many more of them. Either way it is not a big producer. Great for my personal cab though. Does very well in a micro cab. A rooted clone only gets to 10-12".

I notice a huge difference in potency giving her an extra week or two. I run micro with cfl's in organic amended soil so my system isn't built for speed. I can get amber starting in 45 days but let it go to about 8-9 weeks and harvest with 30-40% amber and she is a killer. Completely functional unless I hit it hard. it is 2-3 hit weed for me and I'm not like some of you guys but certainly no lightweight. No tolerance build up for me. Odor is unnoticeable outside the grow and it is easy to grow if you make sure she has a little bit of extra mg. Very unique flavor, smell and buzz... I love my a11!!! Hands down the best wake and bake pot I have ever had.

As for breeding I crossed one of my original males with a kc mango that wasn't quite a keeper for me. I was hoping to bring down the stretch of the mango but it didn't quite work out that way. it did improve the flavor and potency but the plants so far all remain mostly mango. My keeper from the cross finishes in about 7 weeks and is fully purple indoors by week 6, so I will probably play around with that for the novelty of the purple. The mango mom I used only purples outside when it is cold. I will be interested to hear what your swt/a11 cross does! I just got some sol blubonic I plan on doing an open pollination as well as making f2's and will be hitting everything I have once I de-perpetual-ize my flower cab. Should be fun!!!

Jed

kaneboy

ive grow out heads a-11 crossed with c-99 and found the genius pheno in the first batch ,ive never seen any branch structure like it and i really liked the smoke ,def get u up and active and ive grown c-99 quite a bit lately sure is real knock down peek around the corner finish ,will be going back for more apollo 11 sure is worth checking out

ibjamming

Veteran
Fuck me then...I must have gotten a bad one. Now I don't feel so bad about hitting all my girls with A11 man spray...

And...you've convinced me to try again. Last time it was 4 boys and only the one girl.

Thanks for bringing up A11...all the talk is always about the sister...Cindy.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Wow! Thanks for the great responses and support everyone!

Highlighter
: I know what you're talking about with bringing down the flower times. It smokes like a pure sativa yet finishes like an indica. Once I get this stabilized I think you and I have very similar plans ;)

zen_trikester: That's really funny about the increase in potency with increased time, I was just going to write about that in my weekly post today. My desired pheno of A11 looks like it is done a few weeks before I actually like to smoke her. With these pics today, a lot of people would pic her. Based on my experience with this strain, and this phenotype in particular, I know she still needs her time. Patience is certainly a virtue!

On with the show:

This first 3 pics are of two different plants, both which are damn near clones of each other and the exact phenotype I am looking for. Both of these have been cloned and will contribute to the next generation. Smell at this point is best described as a funky lemon and is very strong. Good A11's should be just as stanky as a great SWT :) Trichome's are about 80% cloudy/20% clear, a11 shouldn't be pulled anytime before at least 100% cloudy, I prefer letting 5-10% go amber. Don't worry, these will never give a real stone, I just think it's in this ladies DNA :lol: Harvesting with a bunch of amber may make you sleepy but it'll still be all in your head.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And, I don't want to give the impression that all the plants are what I want. This is a phenotype that popped up in the F3 generation that is deceiving. It is branchy like the other phenotype but smells more grapefruit like Cindy, is longer flowering, and is just not what I'm looking for. This plant is the same age as the one's above, I think the difference is obvious. This lady will not be reproducing!

picture.php

Thanks for stopping by everyone! And by all means please join in on the Apollo fun!

Cheerful

GREAT photos, Darwin!!! They really look yummy! That's really crazy how far behind that last one is. I'll be curious as to how the smoke on that one compares to the 'normal' A11...

I'm so excited....my 1st A11 grow was under 240w of 4' fluoros and turned out some great smoke... my current batch will be flipped in 1-2 weeks to 800w HPS :jump::jump::jump: It really fascinates me how Uniform the plants are...I've got 4 going right now and I swear they look identical.

Happy Sunday Everyone! :joint::joint::joint:

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Cheerful: I'll be honest, the smoke from the Cindy pheno is absolutely nothing like the pheno I am selecting for. It's really apple's to oranges. The smell, taste and high are, in my opinion, completely inferior. I have no experience with Joey's A11 but I imagine he probably did the same open pollination on the F1's that I did. In my experience the Cindy pheno is almost a true dominant, displaying close to 3:1 phenotypes. If you find a good lemon, branchy phenotype, keep him or her and cross it. Even if you don't have a good version of the opposite sex it will obviously pass on to the next generation. And yes, the plants look very similar in veg, the real difference comes out in flower. Best of luck to you, and if you want my input just let me know. BTW post some pics of your girls!

Apollo 11 is my favorite strain.

I plan on breeding out my JW Apollo 11 F2's. I would really like to get a genius clone to back cross with. How hard are they to come by?

Z

zen_trikester

Apollo 11 is my favorite strain.

I plan on breeding out my JW Apollo 11 F2's. I would really like to get a genius clone to back cross with. How hard are they to come by?

If you found one you would be so smart that you would know the answer to this question! Ha! :moon:

It is fairly relative... I doubt that 10 people in this thread who think they are smoking "genius" are smoking samzies-samezies. Find one you like, and if you don't find one right away get another pack. I have no idea if what I am smoking is genius but I do know it is some wonderful smoke and in my mind everything that this strain is supposed to be. I popped 6 beans (JW F2's), 2 were fems, and both were excellent. Both were similar but my keeper is better from the standpoint of finish time, production, and potency. All by a very small margin though. If I had not found #3 I would still love #5.

Based on what I have seen with 6 JW beens, I am guessing he probably did more than an open pollination... it seems as though there was some selection and maybe even a stable IBL. Joey keeps on the down-low though and we won't ever know unless he tells us.

Jed

biteme

just harvested an outdoor a11 from joeyweed stock and quite pleased with the results. and mr. ibjamming, a11 exhibits few indica traits if any so one needs to be able to appreciate the "clear" head highs. peace-biteme

If you found one you would be so smart that you would know the answer to this question! Ha! :moon:

It is fairly relative... I doubt that 10 people in this thread who think they are smoking "genius" are smoking samzies-samezies. Find one you like, and if you don't find one right away get another pack. I have no idea if what I am smoking is genius but I do know it is some wonderful smoke and in my mind everything that this strain is supposed to be. I popped 6 beans (JW F2's), 2 were fems, and both were excellent. Both were similar but my keeper is better from the standpoint of finish time, production, and potency. All by a very small margin though. If I had not found #3 I would still love #5.

Based on what I have seen with 6 JW beens, I am guessing he probably did more than an open pollination... it seems as though there was some selection and maybe even a stable IBL. Joey keeps on the down-low though and we won't ever know unless he tells us.

Jed

I'm talking about the actual Genius clone. I know Reservoir has/had one. But what couldn't that guy get his hands on?

Anyone know of Genius smoke report?

Z

zen_trikester

I'm talking about the actual Genius clone. I know Reservoir has/had one. But what couldn't that guy get his hands on?

Anyone know of Genius smoke report?

Ahhh yes!!! That would be a treat wouldn't it! I forget that is still floating around somewhere. I would love to see/smell/smoke it to see how my A11 compares.

Jed

Latest posts

Latest posts