What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mite CONTROLS... Try This...

opt1c

Veteran
why the hell is this a sticky.... systemic pesticides do not leave plants overtime... bullshit... systemic pesticides leave plants over 20-30 days... contact pesticides leave plants instantly... bad info in the original post

funny how floramite works and is approved for tomatoes but according to the first post isn't food safe... what the hell do you do with tomatoes?

unless icmag is more about stroking egos than correct info this post should not be a sticky

:joint:

Jozix

Dry ice co2 fogging???

Dry ice co2 fogging???

Anybody here try filling the grow box with co2 from dry ice for 10-20 minutes or so? I've heard that if the co2 is dense (not sure how many ppm's)the mites will not get enough oxygen & die.
After dealing with the little pricks over many grows, I'm ready to give it a go since the only other outcome is positive for the plants! wish me luck!

pesky mite

pesky mite

Bud Bug

Growing Edge Magazine - there's a new article published this morning.

HTH

CC
Just a small question do you think spider mite is over hypped to scare you into buying different products to eliminate summing that sure the plant should be able to sort out now if you attack a few generations of plants will not evoloution kick in and put its own defence for them,i allways hear the dreaded spider mite,is it as bad as we are made to believe many thanks Deidree barlow

tobacco

tobacco

Anybody here try filling the grow box with co2 from dry ice for 10-20 minutes or so? I've heard that if the co2 is dense (not sure how many ppm's)the mites will not get enough oxygen & die.
After dealing with the little pricks over many grows, I'm ready to give it a go since the only other outcome is positive for the plants! wish me luck!
have you tried Tobacco isnt a chemical once diluted harmless to us but they cant deal with it its workes wonders on my plants just an opinion Deidree barlow

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
People who haven't actually dealt with a large bunch of spider mites on a large grow really shouldn't talk about them being weak in any fashion.

these fucks can EXPLODE within a 2 day spread, look like nothing is there and then BOOM fuckin webs start appearing.

these are my enemy forever

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
People who haven't actually dealt with a large bunch of spider mites on a large grow really shouldn't talk about them being weak in any fashion.

these fucks can EXPLODE within a 2 day spread, look like nothing is there and then BOOM fuckin webs start appearing.

these are my enemy forever

My prized male plant in my mother room was just covered in cobwebs in less than 18 hours.

I was amazed...and severely frightened for all of my mothers...

I completely drenched my mom room with Floramite SC yesterday TWICE and I wake up this morning and find live spider mites on a plant...

When I say drench I mean twice I laid them on their sides and flipped them 4 different directions to get every single speck of the plant.

I just popped a pyrethrum fogger and I've been using spinosad since they first appeared on the one male.

These things are evil...I'd have flipped out if they were ever seen in my currently flowering room...

Can't agree with the poster quoted more. If you ever see these things immediately nuke everything over and over again.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, I may have possibly finally won...Spinosad, pyrethrum, pyrethrin, and Floramite SC flying everywhere every 2 days. I used a different pest control every 2 days for 8 days now. That is all 4 twice in short...

I am not on west coast with 'superbugs' resistant to everything and this is what it took to get it to the point where I 'may' have won. I still have doubts as live specimens were seen as late as 2 days ago and also after seeing these things massive reproduction cycle...

Screw the every 5-10 day BS every 2 days was all that seemed to anything and I consider my invasion a very light one...It started on only one plant and I immediately treated it.

I absolutely drenched my plants top to bottom in whatever I was using unless it was a fogger. Next time I will most likely dunk the entire plants in floramite in a 5 gal bucket...

shorty68

med.indoor grow first timer

med.indoor grow first timer

hey you all just found mites myself and all this info on here. THANK YOU ALL very much.will apply knowledge today and hope to save my crop (N.L.H. AND PINEAPPLE EXSPRESS.) :thank you::thank you::thank you:

aquariansunite

have you tried Tobacco isnt a chemical once diluted harmless to us but they cant deal with it its workes wonders on my plants just an opinion Deidree barlow
diluting it how? trough just making a "tea" out of it ?....
i have a bad case of the spider mites from time to time,
but i suffer from migraines due to some chemicals.. what would someone recommend to me?
i use azamax.. but is there anything else i can use that is cheap yet very effective?

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
spider mites can be a pain in the ass, congrats above to those who have won their recent battles. Just remember that hanging out with fellow growers and or allowing them to check your grow out is a big no no. Who knows what clones they just bought among a million other what ifs.

Another thing that worries me is going to collectives and possibly picking up b.s. bugs or shit from their plants there.

Almost feel like becoming the "plant man" a medicated version of a cat lady but never leave the grow room just incase I MIGHT bring in a new bug or issue.

LOL

Great article. I am cycling thru and replacing moms w/ new ones from a clean room. Also, bombing every3 days and flouramite sc every 2 weeks.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Mites

Mites

Hey guys! I seemed to have what I thought was a small invasion on a few plants in my flowering tent. The mites seem to love the ChemD! I have other strains that seem to be holding up fighting them better. Within a day, I started noticing webs encasing a few of the buds on one plant. I have been treating the water w/ Azamax, & also Organicide alternetly every time I water. I think Azatrol works good, but the grow shop doesnt carry it anymore! The ChemD w/ the webs is about 2 weeks from flower, should I make an emergency cut tonight?-or should I try to knock em down for a week? Is the end product affected by the mites? Thanks for the help...

green_thumb

Cypermethrin for spyder mites

Cypermethrin for spyder mites

have a single plant ~4wks into flowering
got what I assume to be mites, but I only have a 3x lens to look at them with (not enough)
sprayed several times with a ~40% soln of denatured alcohol and managed to burn most of the fan leaves
for nothing as in several days they were back, tried a high pressure jet from a needle for nought

so I went to a commercial insecticide: BIOKIM CIPERKIL 25 EC
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.agrosiembra.com/nc%3DBIOKIM_CIPERKIL_25_EC-74&ei=Hup9Tqe7CcatgQeO7PEl&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbiokim%2Bciperkil%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D622%26site%3Dwebhp%26prmd%3Dimvns
this is a translated page as I am in central america, no grow shops here
this is the US PDS http://www.inchem.org/documents/pds/pds/pest58_e.htm
- interestingly it is approved also for tobacco

killed everything
anyone have experience with such?
on a flowering plant?

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Anyone use this stuff,Schultz GardenSafe. Fungicide3 Insecticide/Fungicide/Miticide

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Whatever you use to control mites try not to let your plants get to this stage.

I THINK WE'VE GOT A LITTLE PROBLEM

picture.php

MAKE THAT A BIG PROBLEM

picture.php

ETERNAL VIGILANCE IS REQUIRED

picture.php

These were my mother plants...I let my guard down for a short period of time.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
:ying:Hot Shot No Pest Strips work great.I dont use anything anymore because nothing works this well.Ive only had a S Mite problem once and it started to get bad,these things got rid of them totaly.And after that i just keep one around for maintenence,Ive never had a problem after that.Some people say they dont like them,but i like mites even less than anything and it doesnt effect my smoke at all.Keeps my room bugfree:dance013:.Peace and Stay Safe,DanceswithWeed

Derka

Anyone use this stuff,Schultz GardenSafe. Fungicide3 Insecticide/Fungicide/Miticide

I am on my third application of the stuff, it seems to be working, but isn't quite as effective as I would have hoped.

Personally I am probably going to hit the order button and get some forbid 4f and lay these little bastards to rest.