What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

sugabear_II

Veteran
well I gotta warn everyone that these clay extruders can be broken fairly easily if you don't follow pipedreams directions and well I broke my first one :bat: - be careful and don't overturn it at first - you'll be able to tighten it more after you warm it up - anyways so I went and got another - and pressed some 74 micron bubble hash I had been saving - three different strains

10099hash_3_diff_kinds.JPG

really got some stickyness going on these after heating and had a little leakage

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
excellent thread!
I'll be hunting for the coupon this weekend, and off to get my new discount hash press this week.
This press will nicely compliment the silkscreen I make drysift with, that I got at Michael's with the coupon as well.
Thank you, Michaeal's... :wave: supporters of the hashy crafts!

cc-hashtronaut

sugabear_II

Veteran
a couple of pictures from last nights' sifting session - this was made from the trim of a trainwreck plant - all dry sift...

10099trainwreck_dry_sift.JPG

and after pressing

10099trainwreck_dry_sift_pressed.JPG

now that's what I call a chunk of hash!

Relapse

I had the worlds hardest time finding this (didn't know there was a michaels next to me) I went to like 6 different stores, including unfourtunatly Walmart (which I had previously never been in before, I actually started feeling sick) I asked the arts and crafts lady at walmart and she told me to check Michaels and I instantly found it for $30, kinda bummer at first but then the lady gave me 40% off she said I had a nice smile lol. Looking forward to making hash tomorrow. Thanks for this man.

Kaibe

Great press, beats Space Case

Great press, beats Space Case

Pipedream, thanks for being so resourceful and passing the idea along... Michael's does stock them for $30 bucks and you can ask the clerk for a 40% off one item coupon if you don't have one. So, roughly $20 bucks out the door. I had a Space Case press, paid $30 bucks, and it is junk compared to this; hard to tighten and get product out when done. The handle on this unit allows you to really torque down on the kif to make a tight hash block. I advise you not use too much heat to "cure" your hash; it tends to overly dry lesser quality kif and I find makes it less tasty/ fragrant and more crumbly when broken-up to smoke. Instead, use pressure over time and very little heat. I press my kif in the unit and let it set in a warm place for a day or so, periodically snugging the handle a bit to apply slightly more pressure; leaves you with a tight shiny piece of hash with a more creamy interior. Any ideas other than the dime to make imprints?

sugabear_II

Veteran
Kaibe said:
Pipedream, thanks for being so resourceful and passing the idea along... Michael's does stock them for $30 bucks and you can ask the clerk for a 40% off one item coupon if you don't have one. So, roughly $20 bucks out the door. I had a Space Case press, paid $30 bucks, and it is junk compared to this; hard to tighten and get product out when done. The handle on this unit allows you to really torque down on the kif to make a tight hash block. I advise you not use too much heat to "cure" your hash; it tends to overly dry lesser quality kif and I find makes it less tasty/ fragrant and more crumbly when broken-up to smoke. Instead, use pressure over time and very little heat. I press my kif in the unit and let it set in a warm place for a day or so, periodically snugging the handle a bit to apply slightly more pressure; leaves you with a tight shiny piece of hash with a more creamy interior. Any ideas other than the dime to make imprints?

great advice kaibe - I find you don't need much heat with the kief but I'll have to try it without the heat at all.

I have also used some of the shapes that come with the press to make imprints - like the piece above - I did the tiny hole one and then next to the hash did the half circle one and it left a raised half circle on the finished piece of hash. Other than that I did look at the store for some metal letters or something to use to make another imprint but didn't find anything suitable.
I think another really cool option would be to cut a small piece of gold leaf into a letter or something and put that in the press so you end up with a piece of gold leaf embedded into the surface of the hash. Only concern I had was trying to get it off the hash for smokeing - but I kinda think it would be ok - the gold shouldn't burn, right?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Good pure kief shouldn't need any heat. if you find having to add heat it means there's a fair amount of stalks and contaminents. The puck in my avatar was made with a "space case like" press which is actually better then space case. I had a space case press and i hated it. I always had problems getting the pucks out and it was hard to get a good hold on it to get some torc. I used a small plastic star like the glow in the dark ones you put on the ceiling to make the impression. I'm gonna have to make a run to Michaels and try this thing out...great idea.

Relapse

Any ideas other than the dime to make imprints?

I found some of my foreign coins from my travels are the exact size of a dime thus making a unique top design.

What I really want is a concave piece to stick in there so I can get a oval shaped hash piece.

I was also wondering since this is my first time making hash should I press it as much as possible so it's as fine as possible or should I leave it at a certain width?

Last edited:

Frogger

anyone thinknig about super sizing this thing ??
you know looks like it's a good DIY
two end caps and threaded rod &a tap and dye set??

Kaibe

A stainless steel press for $50

A stainless steel press for $50

Here's a stainless steel press by the same company for $50. The link- http://www.pmcsupply.com/products/uce/products.html
This unit is stronger than the aluminum one. I read in an earlier post that someone broke the aluminum one by cranking too hard. Excessive pressure is not necessary to make a puck from decent kief and the aluminum unit works just fine. The stainless steel one is more like the PieceMaker though and I suspect will take more abuse. This press is superior to the $30 Space Case I got rid of and way less $ than the PieceMaker- you can even use the press to make a puck out of high quality bud; just break it up real fine and let the press do the rest. At these prices why waste time trying to reinvent the wheel?

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Yeah, fuck scandinavia, viva finlandia the great northern periphery and nomansland. I start to think that they soon stop mailing letters to finland too goddam.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Good luck finding one near EU, and shipping to there would probably cost as much as the press. You would be better off getting someone from the states to get you one and ship it.

treehuggers

Great find!

Great find!

I want one as well! Make it two!!

I guess we will need to import larger quantities of the pressers to satisfy us Europeans :)