What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bugs on buds

Hookahhead

I am doing a male only run looking for a keeper or two. If nothing else I’ve already got some nice pictures of bugs on buds!

If you zoom in you can see this green lacewing larva hiding under its camouflage.

picture.php

Another species of assassin bug, I actually saw 2 of these guys.
picture.php
picture.php

Here’s a worker bee filling up his bread basket with pollen.

picture.php

It hadn’t ever occurred to me that there could be such an ecological significance to the male plants in the population.

Hookahhead

Imagine there you are buzzing along merrily as you collect some pollen... WHAM a set of fangs to the back of the head!

picture.php

Haven't checked in on ic in about a year I'm so happy people are still posting here. Love all the new shots you all are adding. Keep it up my friends!

Hookahhead

Welcome back Patmando, I always enjoy seeing the life on my plants. I’m happy to have a spot to share that with others!

I caught what I thought was a jumping spider hunting bees today...

picture.php

picture.php

But now I think it’s a minion!

picture.php

picture.php

cropped-chiquita-dm2-minion-dave-bananas.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

I caught that same kind of ladybug in the mist when I was spraying down the male plants
cwETjlm.jpg

This is a different kind of ladybug i guess
PJ7NXTU.jpg

Some kinda mini wasp bee fly thing
qH34p5q.jpg

Things that I found when trying to use macro pictures to get a better look at my preflowers
QzS3zIs.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Damn that aphid is the perfect color for camo.
Do they change color depending on what they eat?

buzzmobile

Veteran
Damn that aphid is the perfect color for camo.
Do they change color depending on what they eat?

Aphids are interesting insects and they have unusual variety in habits. Some colors are influenced by diet (a particular food or a lack of food can cause color change), some are used as camouflage, and some are displayed to indicate they are not a tasty treat.

This is a pretty good article on aphid coloration. Influential Aphids Blog

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
These lil red bugs look like chiggers? I didn't think they bothered pot plants.
These bugs are all over this Zkittlez Auto from Fastbuds.
I doubt they caused this damage. Looks like caterpillar damage?

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php