What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mary Jane in Maryland

sshz

420giveaway
All I can add is I bought 4 packs and mentioned in a grow thread on RIU that that was my next strain to grow.......then people started replying that everyone that grew them complained that male parts were rampant throughout the strain. At this point, I don't even remember who's it was but I know it happened earlier this year. Most issues happen between the 3rd and 4th week of flowering OR late in flowering towards the very end. I would closely observe each plant daily starting the 3rd week up til the 5th week. I'm guessing it will all depend on whose beans you are actually growing.......

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll be on the lookout and definitely let the community know if I experience anything like that.

nahual

all the cookies and cookie crosses including wedding cake that ive encountered, were either mold prone, hermie prone, or a combo of both. one mint chocolate chip cross a friend tested was autoflowering in veg, nearly all the seeds autoed on him. a real clone only just works and doesnt whine, stability used to be a thing lol.

sshz

420giveaway
I'm a month into the Ethos "Cookies" and I've haven't had any issues as of now........I'm checking daily and have my fingers crossed.

nahual

good luck with the ethos. he makes his fems with a weird process with GA-3, and for the most part its unreliable based on grow reports. i've ran a few packs of his gear and gotten some nice plants, but nothing worth cloning, all hermed on some level.

sshz

420giveaway
It's really hit and miss. To date, I've done 8 of his strains and am 5 weeks thru flowering of his new "Cookies" limited strain which appears solid. His best 2 strains were Chem OG and Zsweet Inzanity. His 2 worse were Apex and Member Berry. A few have hermied, but actually, most I've done have not. And his Alpha male process for creating fem's is just advertising bull shit- no better or worse than anyone elses........

nahual

It's really hit and miss. To date, I've done 8 of his strains and am 5 weeks thru flowering of his new "Cookies" limited strain which appears solid. His best 2 strains were Chem OG and Zsweet Inzanity. His 2 worse were Apex and Member Berry. A few have hermied, but actually, most I've done have not. And his Alpha male process for creating fem's is just advertising bull shit- no better or worse than anyone elses........

never tried those, i had colin og and colorado chem. honestly just looking at what his genetic listings are, id be scared to run them now. sticking with the clone onlys for rn for efficiency sake. ive had good results from gage green seeds, connoisseur genetics, some others.

i remember a big thing with ethos, buying dinafem GG4 S1 seeds, then reselling them. I think he went on some rant afterwards online lol

sshz

420giveaway
Well, he does have a terrible reputation and I was warned numerous times about his stuff. I'd say he's average at best. Like most of the breeders out there, some things are good and some are not. I'm now about to start testing an unreleased strain for Dragon's Flame out of Oregon, you may want to look over his stuff at his website. No fem's unfortunately, but he takes his stuff out 7-8 generations before releasing them so no hermies, very stable and uniform stuff and prices are quite reasonable.

nahual

Well, he does have a terrible reputation and I was warned numerous times about his stuff. I'd say he's average at best. Like most of the breeders out there, some things are good and some are not. I'm now about to start testing an unreleased strain for Dragon's Flame out of Oregon, you may want to look over his stuff at his website. No fem's unfortunately, but he takes his stuff out 7-8 generations before releasing them so no hermies, very stable and uniform stuff and prices are quite reasonable.

seems like he's a guy with an art degree, maybe some marketing minor. im still getting my head around how a pretty package just sells like hotcakes, regardless of the product.

im not in the market for any more varieties, or seeds for some time, but I have seen some stuff about dragons flame and seen some of his crosses up on a couple sites. def looks more viable than ethos lol.

if you are in the area hit me up with a pm? Im no colin but i have some breeding projects complete and in the works, i hold several clone only varieties and always looking to network.

sshz

420giveaway
Nahual.......I sent you a message, but not sure if you need a certain amount of posts to receive IM messaging. I sent it, but it's not showing up as sent???

Last edited:

nahual

Nahual.......I sent you a message, but not sure if you need a certain amount of posts to receive IM messaging. I sent it, but it's not showing up as sent???

yea i am short on the 50 posts needed to message back. working on that now, hopefully i can get into a few intelligent discussions on ic without alerting the "experts":)

nahual

you too, i will get in touch with you once i get the privs. plus we have a whole sub forum here for MD right? bout time we came out of the shadows.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I can add is I bought 4 packs and mentioned in a grow thread on RIU that that was my next strain to grow.......then people started replying that everyone that grew them complained that male parts were rampant throughout the strain. At this point, I don't even remember who's it was but I know it happened earlier this year. Most issues happen between the 3rd and 4th week of flowering OR late in flowering towards the very end. I would closely observe each plant daily starting the 3rd week up til the 5th week. I'm guessing it will all depend on whose beans you are actually growing.......

Said I would be back and let the community know about the Wedding Cake. I checked yesterday(end of 5 weeks) and she's full of seed. Looks like this is rampant with that particular cultivar. I'm running 3 of them, and two for sure are seeded.

sshz

420giveaway
Sorry to hear, but I knew it was coming. More than a few people said the same thing. It's just unstable. You could try contacting the breeder, explain what happened- they refunded me all my money after I told them I wanted to send them back.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear, but I knew it was coming. More than a few people said the same thing. It's just unstable. You could try contacting the breeder, explain what happened- they refunded me all my money after I told them I wanted to send them back.

Yeah, I did just that. We'll see what happens.

sshz

420giveaway
They are well aware of the problem........only issue I can see is it’s been a while now since it all started. But either way, seeded pot can still be very good so it’s so it’s something to look forward too.

Sometimes cookie and cake crosses are prone to hermie especially from seed, and on the lowers with low light exposure. Can also hermie easily if overfertilized (not newb friendly) If it really dank shit, you might wanna rerun it from clone and see how it goes, just make sure to train properly and trim off the lowers.

I ran seedjunky icecream cake (wedding cake X gelato 33), popped 2 seeds and got 2 distinct pheno's, a wedding leaner that didnt hermie at all, and a gelato leaner which has seemed to hermie pretty easily but yields high, smells amazing, and great high(checks all the boxes basically). the wedding leaner was amazing, but I lost her. I still have the gelato leaner and will keep her even though she hermies, she's worth it lol. About to run her for the 3rd time no-till style(usually run coco). Hopefully she'll be happy with the no till method.

sshz

420giveaway
Numerous people have said if you take clones of the hermie plants and grow them out, they lose the hermie trait. Not sure if it's true though...........but it may be worse a try.

Latest posts

Latest posts