What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ingemar's Punch??

DreamMaster

Hi there all you breeders and growers.

I'm facing a little funny thing going...
I bought some seeds, suposed to be De Sjaaman's Ingemar's Punch.
But in fact what i got doesn't look at all nor the picture shown, nor the description of the strain.
What i got was (i only germed 2 seeds of the 12 pack) and i got one male and one female, both showing their genders an 2nd week from sprouting from seed.
Obviously, i cut the male right away and kept the female.
She kept on growing one only single branch wich is at the same time one single cola from bottom till the top.

Here's a picture:

Has anyone ever grown this strain?

Did this hapenned to any one else?

Does this plant looks like any diferent strain other from Ingemar's Punch??

I don't get it... I don't know if i got what i asked for...

Thanks for your coments on advance..

Dm

male at 2 weeks

female at 2 weeks

DreamMaster

Now she is at week 7 i guess...
And she is not ready yet, nor will be at least for 2 more weeks.
It looks like an auto-flowering kinda Phenotype of whatever strain cross i dont't even guess which, and besides all, the flowers are dark purple with yellow thick pistils, not too covered with trychomes, only a few, the smell is weak but it smells like flowers, doesn't smell like weed at all, at least not yet any way. I'm not sure what this is?

Maybe an alien...

G

Hmm to show sex at 2 weeks from seed is very fast, did she then start flowering? What light regime did you start them on from seed?

DreamMaster

I started all of them (various strain) at 16 hour light cicle.
And the 2 Ingemar's were the only that showed sex at week 2.
Haqve you seen the pics i uploaded? it shows perfectly clear wich is male and which is the female...
All the plants are still in that light cicle and now, about 8 weeks from germing they're all showing their pre-flowers, but the Ingemar's is already in a much advanced flower stage, well then i put her in my flower room after about 4 weeks from germ.

But what bothers me is the plant i'm growing doesn´t look at all like the Ingemar's should look... That's my thing...

Thank you for your time m8.

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd grown this strain in aéroponique.Really horrible germi and multiple phénotype, not really indica.Buds aren't hard and trichrome production very poor.The smoke's playfull but no really strong, smooth, fruity smell.Not a good strain for me also very strechy plant.

DreamMaster

BrainDead#1, did you have any one looking like the one i show on the pic??

It might not be very well visible but the buds are dark purple and the pistils are thick and yellow, not so mani trychomes either.

denton

I got my Ingemar's Punch from a friend, who has had that particular plant genome for many years and I can tell you, it has a strong smell of bud, even though it's only a couple of weeks old.

I really prefer growing form good clones of strains that have circled through a lot of growers and are proven to be good individuals. I allso give out cuttlings at the end of vegetative period to keep these genomes alive.

DjKinetics

who still buy seeds from this scammer ? no guys, forget
Sorry but i feel the need to resurect this dead post. How do you come to the conclusion Ingemar is a scammer? Have you ever grown his work? All round the net people diss Ingemar but he is the true creator of White Widow.

Ingemar (De Sjamaan) invented WW already in 1987. [...]
It was called Arnhem’s Wonder and already won the first HL cup in 1989. [...]
For those who don’t believe this, please call Coffeeshop Catweazel or Roger from the grow shop; they worked with Ingmar for a long time.
Roger has always sold the clones he had. He had a famous grow shop in Nijmegen. I bought the male and female among other plants in 1992 and only crossed them in 1994. I did not have to do any breading on the White Widow at that time because Ingemar had already done it for us.
And to this day you can still buy original clones of the White Widow in that area of Holland."
Arjan (Green House Seeds)

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Sorry but i feel the need to resurect this dead post. How do you come to the conclusion Ingemar is a scammer? Have you ever grown his work? All round the net people diss Ingemar but he is the true creator of White Widow.

Ingemar (De Sjamaan) invented WW already in 1987. [...]
It was called Arnhem’s Wonder and already won the first HL cup in 1989. [...]
For those who don’t believe this, please call Coffeeshop Catweazel or Roger from the grow shop; they worked with Ingmar for a long time.
Roger has always sold the clones he had. He had a famous grow shop in Nijmegen. I bought the male and female among other plants in 1992 and only crossed them in 1994. I did not have to do any breading on the White Widow at that time because Ingemar had already done it for us.
And to this day you can still buy original clones of the White Widow in that area of Holland."
Arjan (Green House Seeds)

Ingemar was working for GHS at the time.In 1989 you had the HTC, but HL cup started in 1994.

Ganja 13

Also Ingmar claimed initially that the widow came from seeds came from hash. Then changed his story after the real breeder released the widows pedigree

mr.brunch

Veteran
One female isn’t really enough to judge a strain.. besides which, looks ain’t everything- it may be lovely smoke!
Hope it was

Thought all the widow stories had been done to death already... it has been surpassed, there is far better out there. Time to move on, imho

CaptainDankness

One female isn’t really enough to judge a strain.. besides which, looks ain’t everything- it may be lovely smoke!
Hope it was

Thought all the widow stories had been done to death already... it has been surpassed, there is far better out there. Time to move on, imho

It is still fun kicking a dead horse. Lol, :deadhorse

Personally I find Shantibaba's story more logical, not that it really matters who originally created it. Certainly Mr. Nice would be more like the original since he doesn't breed different plants like Greenhouse with their fems.

Of course I've gotten frostier weed for other strains than a Widow or hybrid, but I've always been happy with Widow genetics for the most part.

But besides all that, it would be nice to hear more about Ingemars genetics.

DjKinetics

ya you guys are right there is better and it doesn't matter who created it but my point was why bash Ingermar's work without probably ever even had having growing his strains cos your heard on a forum this and that, personally iv grown Ingemar's Widow Skunk (Sweet Skunk x White Widow) that is easily my favorite plant for growing indoors now, went ahead an ordered the Purple Widow (Purple Power x White Widow) and Widow Warrior (Durban x White Widow) so im keen to see how those perform will most likely run em outdoors.

DjKinetics

Their tale of events

"The White Widow strain was released in 1994 shortly after Shantibaba joined the Green House Seed Company as a founder with Arjan Roskam. Shantibaba explained that this magnificent strain derived from a Brazilian Sativa mother and a South Indian, Keralan hybrid father. Many speculate that the Brazilian mother is a pure old-school landrace by the name of Manga Rosa, which was very popular in Brazil for spiritual purposes and other endeavors. Allegedly, the Keralan father has a fascinating story behind his discovery. The extraordinary properties of the South Indian hybrid made Shantibaba pursue a safari, where he would end up smoking a joint with a man at a local café in India. After finishing the joint and chai tea, the man told Shantibaba that he has been cultivating a special hybrid on his farm. Shantibaba joined the man up into the Keralan mountains where his cultivating operations took place. At that moment Shantibaba realized that this man produced the hybrid that he was pursuing in the first place! Needless to say, it was meant to be. Shantibaba tested different genos and phenos that have been selectively bred for years based on their resin production. After searching for the perfect genetics, Shantibaba picked the ultimate South Indian hybrid that would become the father of the original White Widow.

Due to a conflict of interests, In 1998, Shantibaba sold his half of the Green House Seeds Company to Arjan and left for Switzerland, where he and Neville Shoenmakers would work together developing the Mr. Nice seed bank; while having the actual Mr. Nice (Howard Marks) as their frontman. Shantibaba took the parents of the White Widow with him. He started breeding them again and the White Widow came into light, again. Although, the name needed to change since Arjan was already marketing the White Widow; that’s how Black Widow was born. Yep, allegedly, Black Widow by Mr. Nice seeds is the original White Widow, since it comes from her original parents. Several hybrids that derived from the "White" genetics have cemented their names in the ganja hall of fame such as the White Rhino (Medicine Man) and the Great White Shark (Shark Shock).

There is another breeder named Ingemar De Sjamaan that is the alleged creator of the White Widow, according to German cannabis magazine “Grow” and Arjan Roskam himself. The claim is that Ingemar found two seeds around 6 years before the White Widow’s release, which would be fundamental to the White Widow genetics. Ingemar's and Shantibaba’s versions are of different pedigree, which means that they are, allegedly, totally different plants. Arjan claims that both he and Ingemar created the White Widow in the early 90’s which went by the name of Arnhem's Wonder, which won the High Life Cup in 1989. Ingemar does not disclose the parents of the White Widow, although many swear by the truth of Ingemar's fatherhood of this world renowned strain.

Both theories sound very colorful and convincing. It’s important to keep in mind that the claim of being the originator of the White Widow, is fantastic for marketing and brings in the big bucks due to White Widow’s popularity. Many breeders claim to deliver the original White Widow, therefore much skepticism is required. Either way, both Mr. Nice Seeds’ Black Widow and Green House Seeds White Widow have generated some extreme dankness, enjoyed by plenty."

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

That's the biggest problem with Ingemars story, he claims he found 2 seeds in hash (possible but not too likely) and worked them into White Widow.

Now is Brazil really known for hash? I've never heard of it myself, but you look at the genetics of Ingemars Widow it's the same as everyone elses.

Not to mention Arjan calling Shantibaba his water boy which sounds like complete bullshit. I would never give a water boy part ownership of my company if I was an alleged mythical breeder and self proclaimed king of cannabis like Arjan. Lol, Just makes no sense to me, I also wouldn't give an employee the opportunity to steal all my mother and father plants and leave me with nothing. Seems to be the reason Arjan doesn't sell regular seeds anymore which doesn't look good for him IMO as selecting females well anyone can select great females, with males you are going to want to select a few and see which one pans out the best.

Of course for all I know Shantibaba could have found the Widow parents floating around Amsterdam and Arjan just hyped it up like he does. But yeah, you doing give a water boy part ownership of your company. Lol

Though I'm sure Ingemar can breed decent weed all it takes is a bit of time and dedication, after all I'm sure everyone knows what great weed is like.

DjKinetics

straight man. Both stories seem invalid who knows could all be marketing hype like G13 a liberated military project :biggrin:
i do find Ingemars version more plausible though even if hash might or might not be common in Brazil
Chemdawg was created from seeds in a ounce of unknown pot right?
as to Shantibaba meeting a mystical ganja guru at a coffee shop and then went to the mountain haha no
i think Ingemar can definitely breed though from the little iv grown so far i was pleased so hence when i searched Ingemar here only a few posts popped up.
il start a thread once i run the Purple Widow and Widow Warrior
the Widow Skunk iv pollinated with something else and no seeds left from the original pack.

That's the biggest problem with Ingemars story, he claims he found 2 seeds in hash (possible but not too likely) and worked them into White Widow.

Now is Brazil really known for hash? I've never heard of it myself, but you look at the genetics of Ingemars Widow it's the same as everyone elses.

Not to mention Arjan calling Shantibaba his water boy which sounds like complete bullshit. I would never give a water boy part ownership of my company if I was an alleged mythical breeder and self proclaimed king of cannabis like Arjan. Lol, Just makes no sense to me, I also wouldn't give an employee the opportunity to steal all my mother and father plants and leave me with nothing. Seems to be the reason Arjan doesn't sell regular seeds anymore which doesn't look good for him IMO as selecting females well anyone can select great females, with males you are going to want to select a few and see which one pans out the best.

Of course for all I know Shantibaba could have found the Widow parents floating around Amsterdam and Arjan just hyped it up like he does. But yeah, you doing give a water boy part ownership of your company. Lol

Though I'm sure Ingemar can breed decent weed all it takes is a bit of time and dedication, after all I'm sure everyone knows what great weed is like.

DjKinetics

a throwback of one of the Widow Skunk's, grew the remainder of the pack earlier this year.

picture.php